Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 hours ago, cafe society said:

Chris Brown is a considerably better than Jordan Moore.  Estell was a four-star who was one of the fastest players in the 2016 class.  Jordan Moore couldn't crack the regular lineup at anti-dbu.

I don't have a strong opinion either way on this subject because I have no idea how good he is or isn't, but not cracking the starting lineup as a true freshman is hardly a red flag. Presumably, he'd be an experienced nickel who'd compete for a starting job in 2020-2022 at nickel or safety, who'd replace whiffing on Catalon and not taking the North Shore kid. Regarding his shitty 40 time, his brother also ran a disappointing 40 at the same event, and we've seen that he doesn't lack for athleticism.  

The biggest concern is him potentially taking away a spot from a 2020 DB, but I'm assuming that he'd be essentially replacing Catalon, who would have taken a spot away from that class anyway. 

8 hours ago, cafe society said:

Chris Brown is a considerably better than Jordan Moore.  Estell was a four-star who was one of the fastest players in the 2016 class.  Jordan Moore couldn't crack the regular lineup at anti-dbu.

Estell’s APB offensive highlights from his senior year HUDL video were insane. 

Still can’t believe that he’s stuck over on defense when he’s been recruited over two years running. 

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Still can’t believe that he’s stuck over on defense when he’s been recruited over two years running. 

He keeps getting injured more than recruited over. That could have happened on the offensive side of the ball as well. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I don't get the hand wringing on Shepherd. Texas already took out an insurance policy on him by signing Hookfin. 

I booked hotel rooms for LSU @ Texas, and OU Weekend last night. My body is ready. 

I don't see much handwringing. However, I am concerned that it will embolden A&M boosters. Eventually, we will have to win in-state recruiting battles.

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I don't see much handwringing. However, I am concerned that it will embolden A&M boosters. Eventually, we will have to win in-state recruiting battles.

Exactly. Lots of factors have conspired to make this a tough in-state year, but we need to get that ship righted. We need to own this state as well as being able to cherry pick out of state. It was just intuition, but one of the more damaging aspects of Alabama's loss was the pounding media narrative of how they lost Justyn Ross to Clemson.

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I am way less concerned with perception than I am with only signing guys who can win. Who gives a fuck about aggy?

Couldn't agree more.  There's no question we need to do quite a bit better in-state next year, but that's about ensuring we get the best talent as opposed to any comparison to another school.

4 hours ago, Fud said:

The biggest concern is him potentially taking away a spot from a 2020 DB, but I'm assuming that he'd be essentially replacing Catalon, who would have taken a spot away from that class anyway. 

If you’re going to the store looking for a dress shirt, but can’t find anything you like....you don’t just buy a tank top and call it a day, you keep searching for that dress shirt, man.

9 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

If you’re going to the store looking for a dress shirt, but can’t find anything you like....you don’t just buy a tank top and call it a day, you keep searching for that dress shirt, man.

So let's say I am at the mall to pick up hot women and I see your mom, should I keep shopping?

From Justin Wells:

Texas A&M DB transfer Jordan Moore (Yoakum, TX) and twin brother of UT’s Joshua Moore, and cousin of 2019 signee Jordan Whittington, is hoping to announce where he’s headed by middle of next week.

Moore says Texas, Houston, Oregon, and Texas Tech have interest. 

My gut says Texas probably can’t take him, but someone will.

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

From Justin Wells:

Hide contents

Texas A&M DB transfer Jordan Moore (Yoakum, TX) and twin brother of UT’s Joshua Moore, and cousin of 2019 signee Jordan Whittington, is hoping to announce where he’s headed by middle of next week.

Moore says Texas, Houston, Oregon, and Texas Tech have interest. 

My gut says Texas probably can’t take him, but someone will.

A bit of a curious move for Jordan to hit the transfer portal if he didn't already have something sorted out with Texas.  

6 minutes ago, cafe society said:

Yep.  There are so many reasons for him to want out of there that it's impossible to select just one.  The kid wants a new start, and who can blame him? 

Didn't he state part of the reason for the transfer was to make it easier on his mother to see them both play?  Houston and definitely Oregon don't offer that.  I have no inside info, but it's either a very curious move or he already has it greased to play here.

4 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

Didn't he state part of the reason for the transfer was to make it easier on his mother to see them both play?  Houston and definitely Oregon don't offer that.  I have no inside info, but it's either a very curious move or he already has it greased to play here.

You mean like Reggie Hemphill-Mapps wanting to play closer to home as this excuse? The correct answer is stop paying attention to what these kids say.

37 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

A bit of a curious move for Jordan to hit the transfer portal if he didn't already have something sorted out with Texas.  

I think he has to put himself in he portal to have legal communication with Texas coaches and to take official visits. 

The perception issue with losing a recruiting battle to Aggy is far less important now that we are in a better position with 2020 recruits. Let them take all of the malcontents and poor mental evaluations their heart desires to win the ever useless recruiting rankings. Maybe they can count that as a win in their football guide like the spring game. 

57 minutes ago, Stampeder said:

You can't be recruited until you hit portal and by putting your name in the portal you can still stay at current school 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, utfan87 said:

You can't be recruited until you hit portal and by putting your name in the portal you can still stay at current school 

Also, if you decide you don’t want to transfer afterall, your original school doesn’t have to honor your scholarship. 

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB on Moore

Reveal hidden contents

Am told that Texas will not have a spot for Texas A&M transfer DB, Jordan Moore.

As you know, Jordan is the brother of Texas wide receiver, Joshua Moore.

It sounds like coach Washington wanted Moore but the numbers are tight.

not true texas has had multiple transfers give him mike williams/cam risings scholarship

• Fuck You 19

TFB on Moore

Am told that Texas will not have a spot for Texas A&M transfer DB, Jordan Moore.
As you know, Jordan is the brother of Texas wide receiver, Joshua Moore.
It sounds like coach Washington wanted Moore but the numbers are tight.

Welcome Catalon?

11 minutes ago, hornyhorn said:

not true texas has had multiple transfers give him mike williams/cam risings scholarship

A "spot" doesn't just mean this year. It means holding his schollie until he graduates, when we want guys like, to use Sydney's example, Jake Majors in a great 2020 class where we have limited spots.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1