Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Will you guys shut the fuck up? You’re ruining our chances if FWK reads this thread. 

I just want to say to Footwork King, sir, I mean your highness, or your royal majesty, not everyone here thinks you are dirty. Please send us the good players, your highness. We beseech your, uh, royal wisdom, to, uh, trick impressionable young men into doing what you want and sending them to Texas. Thank you King of Footwork. 

I dont want to burst your bubble. But the pissing off FWK might have already sailed. 

I have it on good authority that some asshole on another thread said Hamm and FWK were gay lovers. I think that might tend  to sour the mans opinion of us thread dwellers. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

I dont want to burst your bubble. But the pissing off FWK might have already sailed. 

I have it on good authority that some asshole on another thread said Hamm and FWK were gay lovers. I think that might tend  to sour the mans opinion of us thread dwellers. 

Another Victim..... NorLa just got Scorpio'd

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

I'm sure y'all will love this Shepherd update from OB. I've bolded my personal favorite sentence. 

Spoiler

The good news for Texas as it relates to longtime commitment 

is that the talented offensive lineman remains committed to the Longhorns following his Texas A&M official visit. The bad news is that Sheperd is going to continue to take other visits and isn’t planning on finalizing his decision on until National Signing Day.

“I’m still committed to Texas. But I will be making my college decision on February 6,” Shepherd said. 

The Houston North Forest product finished up his A&M official visit on Sunday afternoon and said it was a good experience overall.

“It was great. It was a great time,” Shepherd said.

Over the next three weekends, Shepherd will take official visits to Georgia, Alabama and then Texas. The Bulldogs and Crimson Tide are always formidable opponents on the recruiting trail, but Shepherd said it won’t be easy for either of them to get him to leave the Lone Star State.

“They have to bring a lot to the table. Texas and Texas A&M, they have a good plan for me,” Shepherd said. “I’m open to playing (out of state), but I would like to play in state. But it’s really not a problem with me to leave.”

Shepherd committed to Texas back in July. He’s remained committed despite taking other visits – mostly to A&M. He talks to the Texas staff “every day” and said the UT coaches have stressed how much he’s wanted in Austin.

“Texas is a great school. It’s a great environment. It’s a good place to be,” Shepherd said. “I’m very comfortable down there. They still have the same plan as they always did, for me to play early.”

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

“I’m still committed to Texas. But I will be making my college decision on February 6,” Shepherd said. 

I'm committed to Texas up until the time to actually commit.  Why even tweet this nonsense? 

Edited by Mdhorn

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I have zero interest in a "charge to 1,000" type deal, but I am curious... apart from a concerted effort of bored stupidity, what would it take to get there? I can't think of any unsigned names that would generate even 10 more pages, let alone 200. There's not going to be a Malikmas type event before NSD2. Shepherd will undoubtedly generate a few more pages of redundant hand-wringing, and people making fun of those who are wringing said hands. Otherwise?  Seems kind of anticlimactic to me. 

Hamm getting it on with South Austin’s mom would up the page count quickly. Simplest way to bat 1.000, of course, would be to get Randolph Duke to participate in the thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Spawn of Cthulhu said:

Hamm getting it on with South Austin’s mom would up the page count quickly. Simplest way to bat 1.000, of course, would be to get Randolph Duke to participate in the thread.

I dare say that the only aspect of expertise that Randolph Duke lacks when it comes to aggy is recruiting.

19 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I think I'm beginning to understand. Somewhere across space-time, multiple Peter Parkers are battling Kingpin for control over a portal to all multiverses. One small side effect of that is the Shepherd recruitment. Hamm is the giveaway.  He's Peter Porker's arch-nemesis.

Might have been the best movie I saw in 2018. 

• Like 4

The business of not pressuring him, if it’s true, makes me wonder if jimbo is trying to manage things up to signing day to see who all wants in, and then he decides where the last scholarships go. Makes sense for shepherd’s “final” decision too. 

Or it’s all theater and he’s locked in at aggy, and going to bama and uga to get fwk paid. 

Or he’s torn and will make his decision right before the announcement, tears in his eyes. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The business of not pressuring him, if it’s true, makes me wonder if jimbo is trying to manage things up to signing day to see who all wants in, and then he decides where the last scholarships go. Makes sense for shepherd’s “final” decision too. 

Or it’s all theater and he’s locked in at aggy, and going to bama and uga to get fwk paid. 

Or he’s torn and will make his decision right before the announcement, tears in his eyes. 

One thing we know is that he is not committed to us. He’s the opposite of a silent commit.

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

but it doesn't explain why Kenyon Green didn't push.  He should've just said alright, I'm committing just to see if they'd take him.  

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Or it's Aggie's excuse if he signs with us and not them. And if he does sign with them, they can act like they have some "$EC card" of not having to push hard for "lesser" UT/Big 12 recruits. 

Just now, BevoBuck14 said:

Or it's Aggie's excuse if he signs with us and not them. And if he does sign with them, they can act like they have some "$EC card" of not having to push hard for "lesser" UT/Big 12 recruits. 

I’m OK with their victories’ being for headcases while our big ones happen on the field in January. Over their new SEC big brothers.

• Like 1

It has been said time and time again he likely goes wherever he visits last - that puts us in a good position. I hate the drama of this kid and his recruitment, but if he has offers from Bama and UGA, we could do worse.

Not really sure anyone else for OL has been mentioned that has his upside potential. Likely another Jordan Elliot, but worth the spot.

4 minutes ago, CravenTaters said:

It has been said time and time again he likely goes wherever he visits last - that puts us in a good position. I hate the drama of this kid and his recruitment, but if he has offers from Bama and UGA, we could do worse.

Not really sure anyone else for OL has been mentioned that has his upside potential. Likely another Jordan Elliot, but worth the spot.

Why's he worth a spot of he's like Jordan Elliot?

Rather he go be a distraction somewhere else if he's like Jordan Elliot......

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Why's he worth a spot of he's like Jordan Elliot?

Jordan Elliot in the sense of a headcase until the end, but Jordan transferred because of the coaching change (Haley/Vaughn) and his clash with Herman. If Shepard commits to Herman & Co., the transfer aspect would be a little bit more surprising.

A .94 NT would be a godsend at the moment with our DL depth.

Jordan Elliot in the sense of a headcase until the end, but Jordan transferred because of the coaching change (Haley/Vaughn) and his clash with Herman. If Shepard commits to Herman & Co., the transfer aspect would be a little bit more surprising.
A .94 NT would be a godsend at the moment with our DL depth.

What are you talking about? We have Wilbon, Coburn, Oromo, and eventually Sweat to play NT. How many do you think that position needs?
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

i'm sorry. i cant think of a less discrete crowd than FWK, Hamm, bag hag and aggy. 

if this kid was bought and paid for and was gonna flip. thered be noise. loud noise. 

i'm not a fan of Shepherds antics. but if he didnt flip while at aggy, and there isnt "we are making avideo" type noise coming off the visit. then the kid is still solid to texas. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

i'm sorry. i cant think of a less discrete crowd than FWK, Hamm, bag hag and aggy. 

if this kid was bought and paid for and was gonna flip. thered be noise. loud noise. 

i'm not a fan of Shepherds antics. but if he didnt flip while at aggy, and there isnt "we are making avideo" type noise coming off the visit. then the kid is still solid to texas. 

This is fucking hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Casual Encounter said:

I’ve been thinking for a while now that Shepherd is planning a singing day flip so I wouldn’t believe anything I read about that guy.

I agree.

Kinda reminds me of A'Shawn Robinson as it got close to signing day. 

IT on Shepherd and Jordan Moore

Spoiler

Nahlin: No news on Javonne Shepherd

And for a school trying to keep him "committed" that's good news.

The North Forest offensive lineman took his long anticipated official visit to Texas A&M this weekend and didn't flip. I didn't think he would, but I also wouldn't have been shocked by it. 

In successive weeks he's scheduled to visit Georgia, Alabama, and Texas. Texas coaches don't want those other two visits to take place but there's a good chance they will. 

The staff has strategically positioned itself to receive the final visit just ahead of his February 6th announcement. Why does a committed player have an announcement date? To shock the world of course, but almost every player who wants to shock the world does anything but shock the world. 

I still have Texas as the slight favorite to land him over the field but every outcome is still on the table.

EN Comments: Perroni said the A&M staff didn't try and push for a flip...that brought about an eye-roll. 

No slight on Perroni, I'm sure he heard that.

///

Wells: On DB transfer Jordan Moore...

..Texas A&M DB transfer Jordan Moore (Yoakum, TX) and twin brother of UT’s Joshua Moore, and cousin of 2019 signee Jordan Whittington, is hoping to announce where he’s headed by middle of next week.

Moore says Texas, Houston, Oregon, and Texas Tech have interest. 

My gut says Texas probably can’t take him, but someone will.

Nahlin: I’m thinking Tech for Moore unless UT waves him in.

///

Q: Where do we sit with Catalon?

Wells: Ask me Monday night after I see him.