Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

32 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Am i the only one concerned that Can Rising isnt in Shanes hip pocket during games trying to soak shit up? 

Asking coach what hes supposed to look for when Sam got injured last time was majorly disturbing. If you wanna be the guy,  you need to own shit like that 

Yeah it really pisses me off when true freshmen don't fully understand the game and ask questions in order to learn

37 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

Am i the only one concerned that Can Rising isnt in Shanes hip pocket during games trying to soak shit up? 

Asking coach what hes supposed to look for when Sam got injured last time was majorly disturbing. If you wanna be the guy,  you need to own shit like that 

Yeah you shouldn’t be concerned. He’s a true freshman trying to soak everything in. It’s not like Shane is telling  him that he’s(Shane) isn’t going to be here next year so you better follow me around. Dudes going to be just fine. 

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I don’t think he no shows us any more often than any other place. It’s just satya being satya. 

The problem is that he himself tweeted out that he was headed to Austin only to quietly divert himself to CS before the 9.995 crowd caught wind. It's fucking bizarre behavior (or I gue$$ not if you know what I mean)

46 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Yeah you shouldn’t be concerned. He’s a true freshman trying to soak everything in. It’s not like Shane is telling  him that he’s(Shane) isn’t going to be here next year so you better follow me around. Dudes going to be just fine. 

It's not like there isn't time spent each week in film review with the coaches, where they tell all QBs what was optimal on each play.

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

Honestly, I never noticed that, but if true, yeah....that's fucking disturbing. But we also don't know what his learning curve is. Tom has spoken highly of him, so maybe that's relieved some of the worry that I put in the back of my mind. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

Absolutely not. I'm sure TheTexasHammer is right there with you gnashing his teeth and wringing his hands over this clear demonstration of sloth and indifference by Cam Rising. Everyone knows that aTm's backup would be way more engaged in similar circumstances, and that just doesn't sit right with a man like TheTexasHammer. You and him should get together and go bowling. 

Ice cold bro. Ice cold.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

It's not like there isn't time spent each week in film review with the coaches, where they tell all QBs what was optimal on each play.

Ok yes, but I guess you didn’t watch Sam last year as true freshman. Bet he had coaches telling him what was optimal for each play. People are forgetting how hard college  Football is for an 18year old

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Ok yes, but I guess you didn’t watch Sam last year as true freshman. Bet he had coaches telling him what was optimal for each play. People are forgetting how hard college  Football is for an 18year old

If you are prepared and know the offense, the main issues when you get on the field are how quickly you process and how you deal with the pressure. I am not sure what any player is going to glean from the sideline that they aren't going to get in film study. I would hope Rising is paying attention when we are on offense and is thinking about what he would do during each play, but I am not sure getting advice from Shane, who might not want to clutter his own mind with someone else's questions, is necessarily going to make a difference if Rising is pressed into service.

10 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

IT calling their finish

Bru

Jones

Hoofkin

Cain

I hope Caleb Johnson fits in there too. Hopefully this is an early signee/commit finish and not a final signing day finish.

I'll do a backflip if we finish like that. Would love to have Caleb J., but I guess we'll have time to hunt for grad transfers if we miss on him.

56 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

The problem is that he himself tweeted out that he was headed to Austin only to quietly divert himself to CS before the 9.995 crowd caught wind. It's fucking bizarre behavior (or I gue$$ not if you know what I mean)

how are they justifying the 4.5¢ price increase?  

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

If you are prepared and know the offense, the main issues when you get on the field are how quickly you process and how you deal with the pressure. I am not sure what any player is going to glean from the sideline that they aren't going to get in film study. I would hope Rising is paying attention when we are on offense and is thinking about what he would do during each play, but I am not sure getting advice from Shane, who might not want to clutter his own mind with someone else's questions, is necessarily going to make a difference if Rising is pressed into service.

I agree. His comment on cam is being taken way to literal. Herman has said that he likes what Cam has brought but also the game is a little to fast for him. I honestly think the kid sees it in film but is still learning how to do it on the field which is expected. 

40 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

IT calling their finish

Bru

Jones

Hoofkin

Cain

I hope Caleb Johnson fits in there too. Hopefully this is an early signee/commit finish and not a final signing day finish.

For what it's worth, IT didn't call their finish with these guys

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

IT calling their finish

Bru

Jones

Hoofkin

Cain

I don’t think that’s what recruiting notebook means. 

Shane Buechele is the exception to the rule when it comes to backup quarterbacks. He's a junior with extensive starting experience. Herman, who won a NC with a backup, has said he's the best and most engaged backup he's ever had. So can y'all shut the fuck up with the worry about true freshman Cam Rising? Shane is experienced enough to see and relay valuable info about the defense on the headset. That's what Herman was referring to. Cam hasn't been in college long enough to know what to look for in terms of reading a defense and their weaknesses. It had nothing to do with his engagement, potential, or progression. 

• Like 1