Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

15 minutes ago, satyanash said:

tbf, they have caught up to us in average recruiting ranking.

Given it's Jimbo's first year idk if that's such a huge achievement though. We didn't contest nearly as many in-state recruitments as we could have, since we focused so much energy on OOS kids.

More accurately, we came down to their level as we've gotten into the backup plans/late risers phase of our recruiting. They were taking bread upfront for some reason.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

The thing about Kate vs Allison is that it boils down to Olds vs Youngs. 

I look at Kate and she’s just about old enough to be my mom so I would much prefer Allison. Olds will look st Allison and she’s just about young enough to be their daughter so they prefer Kate. This will never end 

I’d receive both into my quarters for the purpose of vigorous recreational fornication. 

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

tbf, they have caught up to us in average recruiting ranking.

Given it's Jimbo's first year idk if that's such a huge achievement though. We didn't contest nearly as many in-state recruitments as we could have, since we focused so much energy on OOS kids.

That being said we will probably go ahead and finish ahead of them. If we get the last ones that are leaning our way and not to mention their decommits

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I feel like there's been a shift. 

Read Ms. Brie's recount of high school and it might change your minds Kate fan. 

I guess I'll have to do some research, because that pic just isn't doing it for me. It may be time for Kate to go but need someone with at least a little pigment in her skin. This chick is a little pasty, not to mention we got a three star not long before or after she showed up. Had to get a little recruiting talk mixed in there. 

37 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

But by all means, please carry on with the youngs v. olds and various hotties.

Since you asked nicely.

42b8193a3f2027f0f3194db74eb11ec8.gif

But yes, I agree 100% - I think, at the very least, he's going to give us some valuable reps even if he doesn't start. And we definitely needed to add depth at DE.

• Like 2

Just now, GotThatFire said:

There’s a picture out there of Kate’s ass, or lack thereof, that is really bad. Damn shame too cuz she has a pretty face and a sexy attitude, and money, but damn. Wood not.

We can always sub her for Kate Upton. That titty pic of her is wow. I want to stick my face betweer them and die. 

20 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t really give a shit about JUCO recruit rankings, since they’re woefully under covered. Jones is a fucking player. He’s not filler. If Orlando keeps him on the edge, he’s help immediately. 

Yea and we needed him bad. Great pickup. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t really give a shit about JUCO recruit rankings, since they’re woefully under covered. Jones is a fucking player. He’s not filler. If Orlando keeps him on the edge, he’s help immediately. 

I also think he helps with the paradigm shift in the general entitled attitude of the Texas football player.

It has been prevalent for entirely too long but Herman has put major focus on changing that mindset.

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

CTJ what is your opinion on our DT recruting for 2019? We seem to be set with defensive ends, but I wonder if we re we at on DT's.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Where did all these "where are the DTs" people come from? 4th one this week it feels like.

Well since you are an expert, please explain which one of the current defensive linemen from the 2019 class projects as a DT.

Linky below for reference...

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits/?PositionGroup=D-LINE

Edited by Sir Mikie Maik
typo

Funny so little talk about Catalon anymore..... strange recruitment.

SIAP....... Know folks don't like EJ, but just came across this from a few days ago.  

Who's next? A look at five commit candidates

By EJ HOLLAND Nov 20

Texas made a splash this week as it scored a big commitment from three-star defensive lineman Myron Warren and moved closer to a Top 5 spot in the national team recruiting rankings.

So who's next?

Here is a look at five candidates that could join the future.

RB Noah Cain, IMG Academy (Fla.)

With five-star running back John Emery heading to LSU, the door is open for the Longhorns to close with one of their top remaining priorities. Texas is surging on the 247Sports Crystal Ball after a successful official visit, and it is important to note that his mother lives in the Dallas-area. Penn State is also a factor here, but Texas appears to have the advantage going into his Dec. 19 decision date.

OL Isaiah Hookfin, FB Dulles

Texas recently put an offer on the table for Hookfin and wowed him on an unofficial visit earlier this month. Texas is set to get him back on campus for an official visit on Dec. 7, a decision is expected to come soon after. One of the fastest rising 2019 prospects in the country, Hookfin has garnered several major offers, but Texas has separated itself from the pack.

DL Jacoby Jones, Butler C.C.

Texas has three defensive line commits in its 2019 class and is looking to close up shop with a junior college addition. Jones has always been at the top of the board and his recent decommitment from rival Oklahoma gave Texas the inside track to earn his signature. Texas made an impression on Jones on his official visit over the weekend and could close sooner rather than later.

ILB Caleb Johnson, Fullerton College

Johnson recently backed out of his commitment to Iowa State and made an official visit to Texas. The JUCO product named UT his leader after the trip to Austin. But his recruitment has shifted a bit since then. Johnson made an OV to Arkansas and also picked up an offer from childhood favorite Oregon, which is slated to receive his final official visit later this month. Johnson will make his decision in early December,

ATH Bru McCoy, Mater Dei (Calif.)

It might be a little surprising to see McCoy's name on this list as most experts still have him pegged to USC. However, Texas has a ton of momentum in this recruitment after hosting him for an official visit this fall. McCoy and his family loved their time on campus and built a great relationship with the coaching staff. With so many question marks surrounding the USC program, the chances of McCoy leaving the West Coast have never been higher.  

Edited by LTtxfan

well said TreeFiddy....i agree. i hope we pick up some real difference makers, though oftentimes difference makers emerge.  obviously, there are some wonderful exceptions. I did get encouraged a bit by looking back at last year's class and remembered that we did redshirt some decent talent (i have just expanded the topic to all positions and moved away from your primary point).  having said that, i would still love some sort of coup where we grab a highly rated DT....

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Where did all these "where are the DTs" people come from? 4th one this week it feels like.

I made a rare appearance on OBs yesterday and got bombarded with posts concerned about DTs. I'd guess that it's been a popular topic over there 

My views on DT aren’t totally aligned with others on the recruiting board and that’s okay. 
I’m not particularly worried about DT depth, given that I think Sweat adds to the roster there. That gives us what, 4 NT types before anything in the grad transfer arena? Fine, I guess, but we need a high hit rate on the guys taken. Wilbon can play, but he’s not a difference maker. Can anyone else be? No one has a clue but the staff likes what they have. 
My biggest concern is that we’re creating a Todd Orlando dependent roster. If that guy leaves, for whatever reason, and the next guy wants to base out of a 4-3, we’re going to have depth issues on an otherwise deep roster. That will suck. Frankly, Orlando needs to be using way more four man fronts than he has (up to the ISU game) and even for him I do have some depth concern. 
Regardless of how anyone here feels, I think we can all agree that we’re not landing the guys that are helping Bama and Clemson win titles right now. We’re not getting the frequency that Bama’s getting, either. People can say “no shit, but who is?”. My response is simply “That’s the bar”, not that it is reasonable, because it isn’t. So I sure as hell hope that the program is capable of creating war daddies in the trenches, particularly at NT and 4i. 
I will be surprised if Herman doesn’t balance out the coaching staff with another DL coach this offseason. I expect that guy to be a rainmaker. No clue who leaves from the offensive side to make that happen, but I do expect turnover. Adding a DL coach who actually knows how to evaluate and also happens to thrive on recruiting would be a boon. 

I’ve posted a few things on our DT woes, and I’m right there with you. I want to see more four man fronts. Encouraged to see in the Iowa St game they did do more down in the dirt four man fronts, but that might be because ISU isn’t air raid.