Texas recruiting notes 2019

WeaseĀ and Wilson arenā€™t slot receivers. He should have said that thereĀ are multiple players in Texas similar to Houston. Although the author knows that that wouldnā€™t cause a stir. Thus, he just says shit that is wrong. I think the correctĀ response to him is ā€œRondale Mooreā€. Ā But these guys have no memory. Next year they will talk shit about Mookie Cooper.

Ā 

Ā 

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Screw Mike Craven. Screw the Statesmen.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Bevo
  • Like 1

The IT post regarding ā€œyou guys should be quiet and trust us when it comes to the street agents. Donā€™t worry, weā€™ll tell you which ones to trust.ā€ is fucking golden. Until the class narrows down to 10 or less open slots every year, theyā€™re as wrong as anyone. Basically until August, they donā€™t know shit from shinola, but theyā€™re going to arbitrate what Texas is doing and with whom to the audience. Thatā€™s some solid hubris.Ā 

10 hours ago, Machinator said:

IT recruiting notes

Ā 

Ā  Reveal hidden contents

Ā 

RECRUITING

I noticed people jumping to conclusions in the Prospects Board regarding Footwork King and recruits not showing up to Texas, specifically two offensive lineman. Those two offensive linemen, Akinola Ogunbiyi and Smart Chibuzo, are committed to A&M. Instead of visiting UT they visited A&M. Oh. Not a shocking turn of events, even if they were originally scheduled to visit UT.Ā 

Where it gets interesting is Texas asked them to not visit because Herb Hand wasn't going to be able to spend the quality time with them he felt they deserved. He wanted to be able to focus on Iowa State up until kickoff. Texas explained the situation and the two players had no issue with it at all. Expect them to visit when Hand can give them his undivided attention.

As far as trainers go, talking about them without all the information (or any) is foolhardy, and probably doesn't help the program. You should trust us to drop bread crumbs where necessary. There are some in that line of work I don't trust and others I do, but that's based on information I know to be true rather than idle speculation.

Just let the staff do its work. They know what they're doing.Ā 

The staff did a great job of closing down defensive ends Myron Warren and Jacoby Jones after both visited for the Iowa State game. You likely weren't surprised by those two committing, though they may have announced publicly a little sooner than expected.Ā 

This cycle doesn't seem to have too much intrigue left in it (there will be some, though, because recruiting), especially if Texas can close with its remaining top targets.

OL Isaiah Hookfin: We feel good regarding UT's chances. If he was the next commitment it wouldn't surprise. 85%

LB Caleb Johnson: He's visiting Oregon next weekend and we've maintained since before they offered they would be the main competition. Texas is the favorite heading into that visit and has recruited him much harder, but without having key information on the Oregon side (how hard are they going to press him?) I have this as a coin flip. He says he wants to pick his school not long after taking his final visit. 50%

OL Andrew Coker: He's a guard if he chooses Texas, or a tackle, at least to start, if he sticks with his TCU commitment. He tells us he's going to decide this weekend on whether or not he's going to take an official visit to Texas. He's a smart guy and I think he suspects if he visits he'll end up flipping. Herb Hand likes him quite a bit. 40%. If he visits, that jumps significantly.

RB Noah Cain: If Georgia prioritizes him, but for real this time, it's reason for concern. Of much lesser concern is LSU running back commit Tyrion Daniels taking official visits. I think he's likely to stick with his pledge. Texas fans need LSU to have two backs in its class. It's hard to know what Georgia is going to do but I think they have others rated above Cain, including Florida runner DJ Williams. 60%

WR Bru McCoy: This recruitment has been discussed quite a bit and I don't have anything new to add. USC was the leader but left the door open for an out-of-state school. Texas ran right through that door to become the main competition. We know he has multiple friends in the USC program, Clay Helton's seat is melting and singeing his b-hair, etc. His official visit to USC this weekend as highly ranked Notre Dame comes to town doesn't exactly inspire confidence in Helton closing him down. I'm going to stick with my most recent percentage of 60%. Info from the USC side should be interesting to monitor in the coming days. He'll announce in early January at the Army All American game.

DB Jalen Catalon: I held on as long as I could to the belief Texas would win this one in the end, and with him still expected to visit in two weeks maybe I shouldn't jump off just yet, but I'm no longer predicting Texas. UT may finish third behind teams combined for a 7-15 record. 20%

The number still appears to be 27, but a scenario where they save a ship or even go over by one probably exists.

Win out.

Ā 

Wait a minute, Bru is taking his OV to USC this weekend?Ā  I thought it was next?Ā  Maybe go this weekend since Clay may be canned this time next week?

25 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Ā NeggedĀ for quoting Undisputed.

I scan through XM Fox Sports channel 83 in the morning, forgetting that Undisputed is on during that time. I honestly cannot understand what in the fuck Shannon Sharpe is saying. Heā€™s unintelligible and I speak jive just fine. The worst voice Iā€™ve ever heard for radio.Ā 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

The IT post regarding ā€œyou guys should be quiet and trust us when it comes to the street agents. Donā€™t worry, weā€™ll tell you which ones to trust.ā€ is fucking golden. Until the class narrows down to 10 or less open slots every year, theyā€™re as wrong as anyone. Basically until August, they donā€™t know shit from shinola, but theyā€™re going to arbitrate what Texas is doing and with whom to the audience. Thatā€™s some solid hubris.Ā 

fewer

• Like 2

I scan through XM Fox Sports channel 83 in the morning, forgetting that Undisputed is on during that time. I honestly cannot understand what in the fuck Shannon Sharpe is saying. Heā€™s unintelligible and I speak jive just fine. The worst voice Iā€™ve ever heard for radio.Ā 

Ā 

PSA for those who donā€™t want to listen to SS: Ā skip to 5:55 on the video satyanash posted.Ā 

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Can i raise you a wr coach who isnt rotating in heard and eagles in place of CJ or LJH?

Give me a freaking break. You can't have your receivers running outs, slants and posts every play without giving them breaks. Also, you can't develop depth, either.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Croots have got to see the writing on the wall. Ā Sucked shit through a straw for a decade. 3 losses by 9 points and a big 12 title game. Ā The current freshman are the turnaround. Everyone gotta see thisĀ 

May not get the results for this class, but 2020 class will mirror 2018 in terms of high end talent.

If FWK truly cared about the kids... and listen maybe the thought just hasnā€™t crossed his mind...Ā but if he wanted to help them grow as athletes, he would be teaching them to ignore what is said on the internet by ā€œfansā€ who very likely are impersonation trolls. But he is stubbornly teaching them the opposite.

• Like 1