Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Weren't there rumors that Swann was going to be fired too?

Unlikely, at least until after they get their house in order. The school doesn't even have a permanent president, just an interim appointed a few months ago after their former pres had to resign in disgrace.

17 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Same reason we did.  The rich guys all know the coach and AD personally.

Actually, no, that has zero to reason why a collection was taken up you clown. Like even remotely. Im hoping your comment was a joke or some sarcasm that completely went over my head. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TKthunder2 said:

It wasn’t.  So I must be lost.  Feel free to set the record straight.

I just did set the record straight. That concept was never a thought in anyone’s mind when any collection for mischeif was ever taken on shaggy. Of course, i cant speak for the dump deloss and flush the john banner. That was before my time. 

22 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

This.

The UIL controls the media rights of all member institutions, so basically every public high school in Texas. I think y'all should direct your frustrations towards the UIL and not the LHN. 

Not to mention is doing ESPN is cost cutting whenever and wherever possible with the LHN. Do y'all really think they're going to spring for more live programming that they don't even own? 

And I should remind everyone that the University of Texas controls the UIL.

2 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I just did set the record straight. That concept was never a thought in anyone’s mind when any collection for mischeif was ever taken on shaggy. Of course, i cant speak for the dump deloss and flush the john banner. That was before my time. 

Maybe your misreading me then because most UT football fans wanted GD gone for years before our NC and nothing ever got through because Mack had his yes men in Bellmont had was buddy buddy with the vast majority out of biggest and most influential donors and everyone was scared to death that Mack would give GD a pass for 2010.  The banner was letting Mack and Bellmont know that GD was not our standard...in your own words

So for members of Shaggy and anyone online who is frustrated and wants an outlet to express their frustration, here is a chance.”

How is this any different from USC?

20 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

That was a lone wolf attack I believe. But I was a wide eyed freshman that fall, mostly confused why we refused to give Ricky Williams the ball more often n favor  of an erratic and eventually catastrophic passing attack from James brown. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

The Helton situation means the boosters/regents were on board or they couldn’t do the buyouts for swan and Helton plus not having a current president. Too much money. 

So basically he hasn’t to win 9 games and a big bowl to stay, which I don’t see happening. 

27 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Maybe your misreading me then because most UT football fans wanted GD gone for years before our NC and nothing ever got through because Mack had his yes men in Bellmont had was buddy buddy with the vast majority out of biggest and most influential donors and everyone was scared to death that Mack would give GD a pass for 2010.  The banner was letting Mack and Bellmont know that GD was not our standard...in your own words

So for members of Shaggy and anyone online who is frustrated and wants an outlet to express their frustration, here is a chance.”

How is this any different from USC?

I must be misreading you, as my interpretation of your OP was that the banner was crowd sourced because the people who wanted to pay for it were too close to the AD and coach and wanted it at arms length. Which was the opposite of the situation, so if I misunderstood you i apoligize. 

I assume the Tee Martin relationship with Helton is toast.  So... is that a hire we would be interested in and would he want to come here?  I'm assuming he'll have big money offers from several places. 

He's Bru's primary recruiter, but you obviously make that move for other reasons.  That would just be a potential side benefit. 

Edited by RabidM

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I must be misreading you, as my interpretation of your OP was that the banner was crowd sourced because the people who wanted to pay for it were too close to the AD and coach and wanted it at arms length. Which was the opposite of the situation, so if I misunderstood you i apoligize. 

No worries, yeah that was not what I was saying.

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 12:47 PM, NorLa Horns said:

Herman has tried to hire a couple of ex HCs and OCs as quality control guys.  I know the aggy OC was one. Before he went w sumlin. There were a couple of more that i cant remember .  Seemed to be a cross netween getting experienced talented guys to contribute to the program. And a kinda holding spot in case he needed to make a switch and cause as few ripples as possible. 

Noel Mazzone  was the former aggie OC that that Herman was rumored to be considering to add as an analyst.....

Edited by LTtxfan

5 hours ago, Harry Ellis said:

That needs to be put on a recruiting graphic.

USC football: We acknowledge and understand our deficiencies in areas that include culture, discipline, schemes, personnel, and staff." - AD Lynn Swann

USC football: We acknowledge and understand our deficiencies in areas that include culture, discipline, schemes, personnel, and staff, despite the fact that we've recruited lights out over the last few years." - AD Lynn Swann

FIFY

The shepherd thing is kind of weird. Most on here feel like he won’t pan out at the next level anyway but We all knew he would be hard to keep in the class. Obviously he can still flip anywhere but he’s been pretty quiet this year. From getting kicked off the team to not and on social media compared to the summer. No showed to aggy and even here last game I think. We all thought it would be a kris Boyd type of recruitment with him but he’s been quiet.

30 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

The shepherd thing is kind of weird. Most on here feel like he won’t pan out at the next level anyway but We all knew he would be hard to keep in the class. Obviously he can still flip anywhere but he’s been pretty quiet this year. From getting kicked off the team to not and on social media compared to the summer. No showed to aggy and even here last game I think. We all thought it would be a kris Boyd type of recruitment with him but he’s been quiet.

I think I saw it on spurs talk, but someone posted an Instagram pic that he posted this week of him on one of his Texas visits in the uniform with the caption "Decommit?  Who?  Not me! #hookem"

57 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

is he expected to qualify

9 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Eat your heart out, Surly.

Is there a limit on the number of quality control assistants?  

There are 10 "coaches" allowed, which are the only ones allowed hands-on time with players and visits.

Other than that. what are the limits?  I think there is a new 20 headset rule this year.

13 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Four-star running back Noah Cain (Denton, Texas/IMG Academy) told Dawgs247 two weeks ago that this weekend's official visit would be a pivotal one for Georgia. On Sunday, Cain, the nation's No. 7 tailback per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, made it clear this trip had a major impact. "Coming into it, I did not know what to expect, because they already took a back," Cain said. "But I loved the visit, honestly, and I see a need for my ability and my standpoint of what I can bring to the table. I do not shy away from competition and I do not care who else is committed."

Cain says Georgia could not have done any better in laying out his potential fit with the Bulldogs. "I think that role is a 10 out of 10 for me," Cain said. "It is about staying healthy during my freshman and sophomore campaign and make my case being a top back going into the draft. I can be productive in my first year as Swift was. When they showed my role, how it would use my versatility, having playing time while keeping my body healthy, that really blew me away."

The 5-foot-10, 212-pound tailback says Georgia likened his skill set to that of one of the most productive tailbacks in program history. "They compared me to Nick Chubb as far as my running style downhill and between the tackles," Cain said. "They said I can catch, run, and block. The fact is I would be able to enroll early and compete for that D'Andre Swift role that he had his freshman year when he was behind Sony and Nick. So when I got to see my purpose for my freshman year it opened my eyes. I m not coming in to sit behind anybody, so when they showed me that, I was very impressed. Plus that offensive line is really good as well."

Some felt Georgia might be done at running back when four-star Kenny McIntosh (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./University) jumped on board. But feedback from Cain makes it apparent the Bulldogs are preparing for potential attrition on the roster soon. "They told me they would like to keep six backs," Cain said. "But Holyfield might be going to the league. Of course Swift will be back. Zamir is coming back from injury. James is a lighter back. And then Brian Herrien is more of a question mark by his name. They told me two dudes at the most would be leaving."

Cain was there to see Georgia take down Georgia Tech 45-21, but said his time with the coaching staff in Athens, Ga. stood out. "My favorite part of the visit was spending time talking to Coach Chaney, Coach McGee, Coach Pittman, and Coach Smart," Cain said. "I spent a lot of time talking with Coach Chaney, just talking about my value, what I can bring to the table, how fresh I am coming from IMG splitting the load with Trey Sanders, and how coming in early and healthy has raised my stock."

"Coach Chaney is very personable and he was all business, talking about my measurables, telling me what I need to work on to get to the league, and how their system and development can help me reach my goals. Coach McGee was the first coach to work me out, ever since my freshman year we have only had love and honesty.  Coach Pittman is one of the goofiest, serious people I have ever met. His offensive linemen love him and I got to have dinner at his house with his family. Jamaree Salyer said if I like to run hard, come run behind them."

While in Athens, Cain hung out with a pair of players as well.

"I spent time with JR Reed, a close friend from back in Texas, and Zamir White," Cain said. "We became really good friends. He talked about how they treated him since his injury, kept trying to get him back and stay contact, because every school does not do that. Honestly, he is focused on getting healthy and taking it one step at a time. He says he is just blessed to have the chance to rehab and return to his regular way."

Before the official visit, Texas and Penn State were the main competition, with many pegging the Longhorns as the team to beat. "Coming in, Georgia was third," Cain said. "After this weekend, Georgia has made a case and they are pushing for that lead spot. Everything is officially even now. Just that plan they have for me, the offensive line I would be able to run behind, that sits really well with me. Texas and Penn State are tied right there." Cain says the other two programs can dangle the carrot of considerable playing time in year one, but that the Bulldogs have an edge of their own.

"What gives Georgia an advantage with me is just having that Swift role that he had his first year," Cain said. "Being able to showcase my ability while staying healthy and then earning a larger role over the next two years. Those other schools do not have the caliber of backs that Georgia has, so their pitch is for me to come in and have a larger role immediately, but at the same time, it is about the offensive line play as well. I think Georgia has the best offensive line in the country, from what I have seen. That really is a big plus with me and Georgia."

Year two could provide Cain not only increased carries, but also a uniform change as he feels another back will depart after the 2019 season. "I think D'Andre Swift is the full package and a great player to learn from," Cain said. "He wears No. 7 so I would have to wait a year to get my number back, but somebody of that caliber, I would not mind waiting a year to get it because he is a dog to me. He is going to be a top 10 pick and probably the best back coming out next year."

Look for Cain to announce his commitment on Dec. 19 and enroll early at the program of his choice.

Four-star running back Noah Cain (Denton, Texas/IMG Academy) told Dawgs247 two weeks ago that this weekend's official visit would be a pivotal one for Georgia. On Sunday, Cain, the nation's No. 7 tailback per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, made it clear this trip had a major impact. "Coming into it, I did not know what to expect, because they already took a back," Cain said. "But I loved the visit, honestly, and I see a need for my ability and my standpoint of what I can bring to the table. I do not shy away from competition and I do not care who else is committed."
Cain says Georgia could not have done any better in laying out his potential fit with the Bulldogs. "I think that role is a 10 out of 10 for me," Cain said. "It is about staying healthy during my freshman and sophomore campaign and make my case being a top back going into the draft. I can be productive in my first year as Swift was. When they showed my role, how it would use my versatility, having playing time while keeping my body healthy, that really blew me away."
The 5-foot-10, 212-pound tailback says Georgia likened his skill set to that of one of the most productive tailbacks in program history. "They compared me to Nick Chubb as far as my running style downhill and between the tackles," Cain said. "They said I can catch, run, and block. The fact is I would be able to enroll early and compete for that D'Andre Swift role that he had his freshman year when he was behind Sony and Nick. So when I got to see my purpose for my freshman year it opened my eyes. I m not coming in to sit behind anybody, so when they showed me that, I was very impressed. Plus that offensive line is really good as well."
Some felt Georgia might be done at running back when four-star Kenny McIntosh (Fort Lauderdale, Fla./University) jumped on board. But feedback from Cain makes it apparent the Bulldogs are preparing for potential attrition on the roster soon. "They told me they would like to keep six backs," Cain said. "But Holyfield might be going to the league. Of course Swift will be back. Zamir is coming back from injury. James is a lighter back. And then Brian Herrien is more of a question mark by his name. They told me two dudes at the most would be leaving."
Cain was there to see Georgia take down Georgia Tech 45-21, but said his time with the coaching staff in Athens, Ga. stood out. "My favorite part of the visit was spending time talking to Coach Chaney, Coach McGee, Coach Pittman, and Coach Smart," Cain said. "I spent a lot of time talking with Coach Chaney, just talking about my value, what I can bring to the table, how fresh I am coming from IMG splitting the load with Trey Sanders, and how coming in early and healthy has raised my stock."
"Coach Chaney is very personable and he was all business, talking about my measurables, telling me what I need to work on to get to the league, and how their system and development can help me reach my goals. Coach McGee was the first coach to work me out, ever since my freshman year we have only had love and honesty.  Coach Pittman is one of the goofiest, serious people I have ever met. His offensive linemen love him and I got to have dinner at his house with his family. Jamaree Salyer said if I like to run hard, come run behind them."
While in Athens, Cain hung out with a pair of players as well.
"I spent time with JR Reed, a close friend from back in Texas, and Zamir White," Cain said. "We became really good friends. He talked about how they treated him since his injury, kept trying to get him back and stay contact, because every school does not do that. Honestly, he is focused on getting healthy and taking it one step at a time. He says he is just blessed to have the chance to rehab and return to his regular way."
Before the official visit, Texas and Penn State were the main competition, with many pegging the Longhorns as the team to beat. "Coming in, Georgia was third," Cain said. "After this weekend, Georgia has made a case and they are pushing for that lead spot. Everything is officially even now. Just that plan they have for me, the offensive line I would be able to run behind, that sits really well with me. Texas and Penn State are tied right there." Cain says the other two programs can dangle the carrot of considerable playing time in year one, but that the Bulldogs have an edge of their own.
"What gives Georgia an advantage with me is just having that Swift role that he had his first year," Cain said. "Being able to showcase my ability while staying healthy and then earning a larger role over the next two years. Those other schools do not have the caliber of backs that Georgia has, so their pitch is for me to come in and have a larger role immediately, but at the same time, it is about the offensive line play as well. I think Georgia has the best offensive line in the country, from what I have seen. That really is a big plus with me and Georgia."
Year two could provide Cain not only increased carries, but also a uniform change as he feels another back will depart after the 2019 season. "I think D'Andre Swift is the full package and a great player to learn from," Cain said. "He wears No. 7 so I would have to wait a year to get my number back, but somebody of that caliber, I would not mind waiting a year to get it because he is a dog to me. He is going to be a top 10 pick and probably the best back coming out next year."
Look for Cain to announce his commitment on Dec. 19 and enroll early at the program of his choice.

Seems like UGA blew him away.

Get Beaty on the case! /s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk