Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

22 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Shane Buechele is the exception to the rule when it comes to backup quarterbacks. He's a junior with extensive starting experience. Herman, who won a NC with a backup, has said he's the best and most engaged backup he's ever had. So can y'all shut the fuck up with the worry about true freshman Cam Rising? Shane is experienced enough to see and relay valuable info about the defense on the headset. That's what Herman was referring to. Cam hasn't been in college long enough to know what to look for in terms of reading a defense and their weaknesses. It had nothing to do with his engagement, potential, or progression. 

Didn't Shane call a play a few games back

27 minutes ago, campcrunk said:

Alison Brie. Was Pete's wife in Mad Men and Annie in Community: https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1555340/

Too hot for words, IMO.

Just realized she was on Community and is married to Dave Franco, that lucky bastard.

Edit: She's also in the new Beck video, Colors. Mega fine.

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

The thing about Kate vs Allison is that it boils down to Olds vs Youngs. 
 I look at Kate and she’s just about old enough to be my mom so I would much prefer Allison. Olds will look st Allison and she’s just about young enough to be their daughter so they prefer Kate. This will never end 

Alison’s like Doc Holliday. She’s in her prime

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

We run all the states

This is big, really big and huge on Herman’s part. Question: while Herman is out getting OOS guys, does he still ensure tx high school coaches that they are still the number one priority? Or is this obvious and it was a dumb question? 

Im only asking bc you know jimbo fist-her is telling them “tommy doesn’t care about y’all, he’s getting kids out of state.”

1 minute ago, DoneWithit said:

This is big, really big and huge on Herman’s part. Question: while Herman is out getting OOS guys, does he still ensure tx high school coaches that they are still the number one priority? Or is this obvious and it was a dumb question? 

Im only asking bc you know jimbo fist-her is telling them “tommy doesn’t care about y’all, he’s getting kids out of state.”

Smart on Herman's part.  This was always going to be a tough year in-state with Jimbo having the new car smell and OUsucks coming off a playoff appearance.  

Next year I think you'll see Texas get majority of the big names in-state and still land some elite OOS talent like Cooper and some others.

36 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I look at Kate and she’s just about old enough to be my mom so I would much prefer Allison. Olds will look st Allison and she’s just about young enough to be their daughter so they prefer Kate. This will never end 

I'm pretty sure Alison Brie is closer to Kate's daughter in age than to Kate herself.

Lily-Mo-Sheen-Awkward-Clap-At-An-Award-S

16 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

The thing you have to remember about THS coaches is they are twats 

43 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

Kate is 26 nevermind thought this was Upton.

Edited by LebongJames

The thing about Herman going out of state is that he pretty much has had to with the shape UT was left in, and he has not hesitated. That is key to getting the program back on track, though it may rub some TXHS coaches wrong. They'll come back around just as the players will.

The message is pretty clear: we want you, but if you're not on board we'll go get someone just as good or better somewhere else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Lulz aggy 247 got a thread started about Texas "filling up on bread".  Still have more 4/5* commits than they do.

tbf, they have caught up to us in average recruiting ranking.

Given it's Jimbo's first year idk if that's such a huge achievement though. We didn't contest nearly as many in-state recruitments as we could have, since we focused so much energy on OOS kids.