Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

How in the fuck did you manage to take a post that was not made by me, and attribute my name to it? That's an impressive level of fuck up, right there. Like you had to train for years and years to make that kind of fuckup a reality. 

I learned from futureman.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i don't have time to get into the rankings right now, but are they just based on talent, or do "years remaining" add to their value?  kind of like the value of a player in a baseball trade based on years of team control.  i guess it depends on need, but it seems like a fairly talented soph would have more value than a slightly more talented sr/grad transfer with 1 year remaining.

The value of a grad transfer is they are immediately eligible and can be short term, plug and play solutions like Alex Anderson and Tre Watson.  Depending on the team's needs and roster that can either increase or decrease their value.

Edited by destroya

Between Shep and Bru, I guess you can shitpost things into existence
This coup has required high levels of shitposting, meming, circle jerking, and most importantly, the intense focusness of the $9.95 echo chamber. We pulled out all the stones and left no stop unturned.
  • Like 3

I'm here to help push us to 1K.

So ...

I went and read a few pages back, but I never got to where we changed our minds to where Sheperd is now considered to be even more strongly Texas (even though he originally verbaled in the cenozoic epoch).

What changed our thinking?

And hell yes we want Shepard this cycle versus "saving" his scholarship for use in next cycle. Good grief.

There. This ought to be good for a few responses.

Edited by XOVERX

1 minute ago, XOVERX said:

So ...

I went and read a few pages back, but I never got to where we changed our minds to where Sheperd is now considered to be even more strongly Texas (even though he originally verbaled in the cenozoic epoch).

And hell yes we want Shepard this cycle versus "saving" his scholarship for use in next cycle. Good grief.

Go look in the aggy thread - Brauninger from TexAgs basically conceded him to Texas.

9 hours ago, crash_davis said:

yes everyone will be thrilled if JS signs.  but i don't think anyone is overly optimistic about it.  the apprehension is warranted.  his saying he's committed and his acting committed are two very different things.

i'll be equally shocked if he signs or if he flips.

"It don't make a shit."

8 minutes ago, XOVERX said:

So ...

Game theory and interpolation.  aggy thought Shepard would be at their Super Bowl party.  Instead it looks like Texas gets the final in-home visit immediately followed by an OV to campus in Austin then the dead period.  Tom Herman kept his powder dry on this one.  Hopefully closes with shock and awe.  TexAgs mods are feeling this plus they were counting on Shepard's handler to keep him away.

I played at Delmar Stadium. Second game of my sophomore year, my first game to start on varsity. We played Scarborough and beat them. I don’t even know if that HS still exists. I remember our star CB tearing his knee up in the first half and wailing as they put him on a stretcher. It was traumatic for a 15 year old. Not as traumatic as watching Javonne Shepherd choose a hat, but traumatic nonetheless. 

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I played at Delmar Stadium. Second game of my sophomore year, my first game to start on varsity. We played Scarborough and beat them. I don’t even know if that HS still exists. I remember our star CB tearing his knee up in the first half and wailing as they put him on a stretcher. It was traumatic for a 15 year old. Not as traumatic as watching Javonne Shepherd choose a hat, but traumatic nonetheless. 

Soph Sensation!! Solid humblebrag.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:
3 hours ago, GabrielsHorn said:
Between Shep and Bru, I guess you can shitpost things into existence

This coup has required high levels of shitposting, meming, circle jerking, and most importantly, the intense focusness of the $9.95 echo chamber. We pulled out all the stones and left no stop unturned.

Think you forgot someone, and she’s not happy