2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

damn.  something always seemed off to me about him coming here; it would be like sam bailing on UT two weeks after showing up.  SC is bru’s home, where he’s always been and where his friends and family are, and after committing and signing his name he bails on all of them to come halfway across the country?  of course I was happy to get him but it just seemed weird.  still, I did nazi see this coming.  

Keep in mind he just went back to CA to get some HS awards which most likely reminded him of good things and not grinding at 5 am every damn day and classes with non-coddling teachers. If this is anything more than a rumor, it is probably the standard first semester depression/homesickness that usually gets better with time. If that is the case, Herman needs to help him see the wisdom of sticking it out. If it is something more, well, that would indeed be a strange recruiting outcome.

5 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Keep in mind he just went back to CA to get some HS awards which most likely reminded him of good things and not grinding at 5 am every damn day and classes with non-coddling teachers. If this is anything more than a rumor, it is probably the standard first semester depression/homesickness that usually gets better with time. If that is the case, Herman needs to help him see the wisdom of sticking it out. If it is something more, well, that would indeed be a strange recruiting outcome.

Good Luck helping 18-19yr olds  "see the wisdom"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Looch: "Means we're #3 now, right? SEC SEC SEC" 

I mean, most of the idiot texas fans really cared about it when we moved up to #3.  you gonna begrudge them for being happy to have it back?  should be expected and ignored. 

Lol, well I won’t say anything bad about the kid, but when he gets back to USC or wherever it is he’s going, at some point something is going to happen that will make him not as happy as he could be, and he’s going to have to learn to deal with it. Can’t transfer forever. 

54 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

Probably just a case of the blues but it isn't always easy to talk people out of it. Athletes have people in their ear constantly and having all your friends (especially women) tell you what you are missing can't help. And many athletes have never left home before. I am surprised it doesn't happen more often when guys like Tua leave an idyllic island to go to fucking Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

If it’s true, probably didn’t help that his playing status is uncertain. If he was preparing for playing time this year, then this is less of a distraction.

Seems like a good young man, hope he gets it figured out but if sure seems early to be making this type of decision again.

21 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

If it’s true, probably didn’t help that his playing status is uncertain. If he was preparing for playing time this year, then this is less of a distraction.

Seems like a good young man, hope he gets it figured out but if sure seems early to be making this type of decision again.

I thought the same thing, but then consider that his parents have been paying for a (supposedly) big name attorney to double check all the waiver paperwork. Plus he's probably in the NFL in 3 years if he stays.

Edited by KYHorn

1 minute ago, Fud said:

What did he say exactly?

The rumors are indeed founded and a source confirmed it as true, however he hasn’t given Texas any final word. Bru was hesitant to sign the NCAA waiver and has yet to do so. He’s reached out to their inner circle to see what’s going on

13 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

The rumors are indeed founded and a source confirmed it as true, however he hasn’t given Texas any final word. Bru was hesitant to sign the NCAA waiver and has yet to do so. He’s reached out to their inner circle to see what’s going on

God damn it. Would have been so nice to have him. The lack of being able to to use him on D in certain packages will really hurt and it would have been nice to have options like him as a WR 

19 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Just said that it was true...

Yikes. wtf. Mehringer bad, Mehringer good, Mehringer bad again?

Hopefully he at least sticks around through the season. He’s not going to play somewhere else this year anyways. Maybe once football starts back up he’ll get over it.

Geez. I too came here hoping we had word on Bru finally submitting his waiver paperwork only to learn this latest transfer rumor which leads me to ponder two things:

1. Are there no limits as to how many times a player can “enter the transfer portal” (and in the same season no less)?

2. If you enter the transfer portal too many times do you eventually go crazy like Leo’s wife in Inception?

6cf18355127d01b9f223077ea52e8886.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

9.95ers have alluded to “mutual” interest in Zuber

IT specifically said we have no interest. And I’m not sure why losing Bru means we are in the grad transfer market. Our top 5-6 receivers for next year are set. This hurts us more in 2020/2021. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

IT specifically said we have no interest. And I’m not sure why losing Bru means we are in the grad transfer market. Our top 5-6 receivers for next year are set. This hurts us more in 2020/2021. 

Yep. 

This probably means we take an extra 4th 2020 WR, whether it's Loic or Kelvontay