2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

What Texas attempted to do is irrelevant. His transfer appeal wasn't filed. Herman isn't paid millions to try his best. He has to get things like this done.

I know it is entirely possible that not even Saban or Urban could have saved this. So be it. Let's wish the young man well and move on.

Texas can’t file the appeal without Bru’s permission and it’s already been reported that Bru’s family hires their own lawyer to review, so this has nothing to do with Herman. If Bru and his family don’t give permission, then there’s nothing Herman can do.

Not to mention, even if it was filed, I doubt it would change any of this.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

It’s nice to say well bye. But fuck that noise he’s a 5 star talent. With our record over the last decade we aren’t in position to just say fuck it see ya.  Do your thing Herman. 

Yes. Bozo's post and attitude will likely cost us Bru McCoy. If he'd only urged Herman to try harder, maybe we keep McCoy. But no. He seems to think his posts and attitude don't make a difference. He's unaware of our record the last ten years. He doesn't see the value in a five star recruit.

We are lost. And it's Bozo's fault.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sejjr said:

Can we just blame this shit on Chip Brown?

It's important to remember that Chip Brown is a fraudulent cocksucker who intentionally writes negative stories that hurt Texas football and its recruiting efforts.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Yes. Bozo's post and attitude will likely cost us Bru McCoy. If he'd only urged Herman to try harder, maybe we keep McCoy. But no. He seems to think his posts and attitude don't make a difference. He's unaware of our record the last ten years. He doesn't see the value in a five star recruit.

You kind of just made up an argument in your head there to post about. Disagreeing with the sentiment of “We’re Texas if you don’t want to be here next man up!” Is not the same thing as trying to assign blame to soneone’s current state of mind. 

This sucks because we need guys like McCoy to get to where we once were and thinking that only means, well that. Not this other projecting bull shit you just spewed out. 

• Like 1

It’s nice to say well bye. But fuck that noise he’s a 5 star talent. With our record over the last decade we aren’t in position to just say fuck it see ya.  Do your thing Herman. 

He’s also a guy who will get reps on day one with a WB who will be in the Heisman y’all for the next two years and a chance to play in multiple New Year’s Day games. If he leave it must be one hell of a pussy it’s for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, shnsajax said:

He’s also a guy who will get reps on day one with a WB who will be in the Heisman y’all for the next two years and a chance to play in multiple New Year’s Day games. If he leave it must be one hell of a pussy it’s for.

undefeated and all.

gonna need photos.

WB? Warner Brother? White Blazer? Wacky Boy?

35 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

pretty sure that Bozo can't read this right now, as he properly organizing a grassroots campaign on the HOA level to economize the entire Portal entry process vis a vis a single-payer plan creatively constructed in some ultra-hip bar-b-que shop near where the airport used to be. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Yep. We do everything we can to keep him here.

Sucks if he ends up going. At least it is only a position we need him rather than one where we desperately need him.

• Like 1

Obviously it sucks to lose  player of his talent level, but I agree that if he doesn't want to be here we should hold the door open. Herman and the staff have placed such an emphasis on culture and buy-in that having someone who doesn't want to be here, even an athlete of his caliber, is more trouble than it is worth at this point. The WR room is one of the best equipped on the team to handle a defection like this. Still no shortage of very capable players looking to seize the opportunity. Texas will be okay.

I hope Bru does well at SC and finds what he is looking for - at the end of the day that is an 18 year old having obvious struggles with the biggest decision of his life. Besides, when Helton gets fired he'll probably try to transfer back here. No sense in having animosity.

• Like 4

Embarrassing. blOU drags dozens of recruits out of California to the shithole that is Norman, and none of them ever get 'homesick' or whatever excuse du jour is circulating right now. But apparently between him and Floyd, we're not allowed to have nice things when it comes to Cali recruits.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 12

Just now, satyanash said:

Embarrassing. blOU drags dozens of recruits out of California to the shithole that is Norman, and none of them ever get 'homesick' or whatever excuse du jour is circulating right now. But apparently between him and Floyd, we're not allowed to have nice things when it comes to Cali recruits.

Right on time...

4 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Previous quote when Bru transferred to Texas:

"I applaud Bru and his courageousness to say, 'Hey, this is not where my heart is, and I'm going to do something to change that,'" Herman said of McCoy's decision to transfer from USC to Texas. "

Guess it's also true if a return transfer to USC occurs...

Would laugh if Herman drops the exact same quote, just switching the schools, if Bru flakes again.

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Shut the fuck up you bloviating vagina
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Texas can’t file the appeal without Bru’s permission and it’s already been reported that Bru’s family hires their own lawyer to review, so this has nothing to do with Herman. If Bru and his family don’t give permission, then there’s nothing Herman can do.

Not to mention, even if it was filed, I doubt it would change any of this.

Herman is a salesman. It is his job to convince Bru's family to file the appeal paperwork ASAP.

Would it have made any difference with this young man? I don't know, but you have to take your best shot. 

The buck stops with Tom on this one. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 9

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Their recruits aren’t coming from LA. 

10 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Herman is a salesman. It is his job to convince Bru's family to file the appeal paperwork ASAP.

Would it have made any difference with this young man? I don't know, but you have to take your best shot. 

The buck stops with Tom on this one. 

Herman is not a salesman, he is a football coach and recruiter. He successfully recruited Bru to Texas with second effort, and the kid has been through Spring practice and a semester of school.

At this point, either Bru wants to be here or he needs to move on. You can’t have this wishy-washy lack of commitment in the locker room. That is how you lose a team.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Image result for elevator blood gif

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

42 minutes ago, JerryHubbard said:

Herman is not a salesman, he is a football coach and recruiter. He successfully recruited Bru to Texas with second effort, and the kid has been through Spring practice and a semester of school.

At this point, either Bru wants to be here or he needs to move on. You can’t have this wishy-washy lack of commitment in the locker room. That is how you lose a team.

I guess we will just disagree. I view recruiting as sales. The sale was never closed with Bru.

• Fuck You 1