2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

Unless the ncaa really wants to allow open unlimited transfers with no restriction, they’ll make him ineligible. So he redshirts in 2019, and then Helton gets fired. Does he transfer again in January?  

Cant tell if the kid just doesn’t know what he wants, or he does know but isn’t getting it, or something else. 

Also I just decided that he’s to slow for wr and I never wanted him anyways. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

If he does go back to USC, I hope the NCAA grants him immediate eligibility to play in the 2019 season. Think the transfer portal is crazy now? Wait until kids realize you can bounce around multiple schools multiple times & still play the same season. With all of the alerts going off on our phones, we may never sleep again. 

That’s going to be an interesting waiver he files when he gets back to USC.  I transferred because I thought they lied to me but then I realized they didn’t really lie to me so I transferred back.  Or if they did lie to me they didn’t mean it. 

Or does he even need a waiver?

Edited by ClubWhatever

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

That’s going to be an interesting waiver he files when he gets back to USC.  I transferred because I thought they lied to me but then I realized they didn’t really lie to me so I transferred back.  Or if they did lie to me they didn’t mean it. 

Or does he even need a waiver?

Think this is what the lawyers of his were looking into.. can he still be eligible for USC if he enrolls in the summer (transfers). million dollar question is why? was the distance too much? was beck's scheme shitty for him to flourish? was it depth chart issue? scared of Big 12 defenses???

Just now, Thiefery said:

Think this is what the lawyers of his were looking into.. can he still be eligible for USC if he enrolls in the summer (transfers). million dollar question is why? was the distance too much? was beck's scheme shitty for him to flourish? was it depth chart issue? scared of Big 12 defenses???

He's gonna have to redshirt at this point - provided he transfers again. The NCAA should act in this situation to prevent the transfer portal becoming a complete circus.

• Like 1

Maybe this is all bullshit planted by SC because his waiver to play next season in burnt orange was going to shit all over them for the bait and switch. “See he was flirting with coming back, he wasn’t hurt by us.” At least that’s what I’d do if I was in their shoes.

Wishful thinking, I know. 

22 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Unless the ncaa really wants to allow open unlimited transfers with no restriction, they’ll make him ineligible. So he redshirts in 2019, and then Helton gets fired. Does he transfer again in January?  

Cant tell if the kid just doesn’t know what he wants, or he does know but isn’t getting it, or something else. 

I think it is painfully obvious he does not know what he wants. 

• Like 1

Starting to agree with the GF made an ultimatum theory.  He visited and noticed trojan condoms at her place in a fishbowl.  Broke his heart because we all know at 18/19 yrs old this is the ONLY chance to have true love. He doesn't want to be miserable for the rest of his life.

36 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Yeah... if Bru returns to USC, would most likely see delays on a decision by NCAA for immediate eligibility of the requests Bru's attorney submits.   Bru probably will have to sit out 2019 at USC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found this on NCAA website:

2. YOU RETURN TO YOUR FIRST SCHOOL  WITHOUT PARTICIPATING IN SPORTS AT  THE SECOND SCHOOL
If you participate in sports at a Division I or II school, enroll at a  second four-year school and then return to the first school, you may  use an exception to compete immediately at the first school if you  did not practice or compete at the second school.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So practicing at Texas probably results in Bru sitting out a year if he returns to USC.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

I think the people around him, for Texas and for USC have made the waters muddy for him, trying to control a situation they cant or shouldn't control. Hope the best for him. I think he'd be less confused if people stopped pulling him in different directions

Just now, Dewey said:

I think the people around him, for Texas and for USC have made the waters muddy for him, trying to control a situation they cant or shouldn't control. Hope the best for him. I think he'd be less confused if people stopped pulling him in different directions

or his family?

1 minute ago, Tom Chairman said:

Why tf have we not signed sealed and delivered his petition papers months ago? This is what happens when you pussyfoot around waiting for others to set the precedent.

I don't think this was on Texas..they did the right thing by having lawyers fill out the waiver, unfortunately I think the family Lawyer was looking at different loopholes

**also even if he did sign and send it earlier, doesn't mean he wouldn't enter the portal again*

Edited by Thiefery

1 minute ago, Tom Chairman said:

Why tf have we not signed sealed and delivered his petition papers months ago? This is what happens when you pussyfoot around waiting for others to set the precedent.

There is a saying in high level corporate sales, "Time kills all deals."

Texas should have convinced Bru, his family and his attorney to file his appeal a long time ago. Herman gets paid a lot of $ to close in this situation.

The only thing that matters in this life is getting them to sign on the line which is dotted.

Alec-Baldwin-Glengarry-Glen-Ross.jpg

• Like 2

Texas should have convinced Bru, his family and his attorney to file his appeal a long time ago. Herman gets paid a lot of $ to close in this situation.

The only thing that matters in this life is getting them to sign on the line which is dotted.

Yep, the longer it went on the stronger the funk smelled.

11 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Big assumption that Texas didn't attempt to do exactly that.

Unless he can flip Bru back to us, I think Herman is closer to this right at the moment:

f88052a8eaf9ee2147dd028a4a6f7863.jpg
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Bru seems like a kid who could have gotten his waiver, a month ago, yet we'd still be here on Memorial day talking about the rumors of him hitting the portal once again.

Herman, now on accepting Bru McCoy, as a transfer.

Image result for I've made a serious mistake

7 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Big assumption that Texas didn't attempt to do exactly that.

What Texas attempted to do is irrelevant. His transfer appeal wasn't filed. Herman isn't paid millions to try his best. He has to get things like this done.

I know it is entirely possible that not even Saban or Urban could have saved this. So be it. Let's wish the young man well and move on.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

What Texas attempted to do is irrelevant. His transfer appeal wasn't filed. Herman isn't paid millions to try his best. He has to get things like this done.

I know it is entirely possible that not even Saban or Urban could have saved this. So be it. Let's wish the young man well and move on.

Tom isn't a lawyer or an employee in the compliance office. He can rattle sabers all he wants but it's up to the people who do this for a living to execute.

On top of that it's not clear at all that this waiver nonsense is the cause of the drama.

1 minute ago, Machinator said:

Tom isn't a lawyer or an employee in the compliance office. He can rattle sabers all he wants but it's up to the people who do this for a living to execute.

On top of that it's not clear at all that this waiver nonsense is the cause of the drama.

Yeah, but in the absence of information we have to make our own.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Goodman said:

No way this is true, Bro said Mehringer was special.

Funny you mentioned the WR coach....

247 quote about Bru situation:

"This comes at a peculiar time because the entire Texas coaching staff is off this week, including Mehringer who is at his bachelor party."

15 minutes ago, Machinator said:

He's not an architect or the AD,  but he got facilities upgraded.  

He may have tried to get the papers filed and failed,  I don't know.  The fact that it didn't get done didn't help. 

• Like 1

POSTING THIS FOR A LAUGH... 😄

On another site a poster was having fun pontificating.  Enjoy the laugh:

"Some odd coincidences of timing here that may or may not be bread crumbs.  An article comes out this weekend with Urban Meyer addressing rumors of him heading to USC. He somewhat denies with the vapid “I don’t see myself coaching again” schtick. I mention this because any behind the scenes movement involving USC and Urban would involve Lynn Swann (USC AD), who himself is buddies with Bru’s dad (they have lunch often). If Kingsbury was enough to lure Bru to USC, imagine Urban. And Urban would no doubt be recruiting today if he’s to be at USC next year (and Urban would love to stick it to Herman).

I believe UT Summer sessions start this week, so Bru would need to make his move before then. The story drops on Sunday the week before classes.  The Texas coaching staff is on vacation this week, making it a lot easier to leave the program in the dark of night at Bellmont.

The whole waiver thing. The McCoy family hires an attorney at their own expense. According to the story, the family never completed their side of the waiver application, and they’ve got their own counsel (apart from Texas). Perhaps the counsel is to help them with their waiver, irrespective of what school he’s attending? 

Just wildly speculating."

If the guy doesn't want to be here let him go. I hate to lose the potential talent but potential talent is all it is anyway at this point and certainly not worth creating a shitty unhappy situation in the locker room.  So many WRs are such fucking prima donnas and not worth the return if they are locker room cancers due to dissatisfaction.  So maybe he's a prima donna, maybe he's just a confused man, but whatever if he wants to leave....leave.  

• Like 5

POSTING THIS FOR A LAUGH...
On another site a poster was having fun pontificating.  Enjoy the laugh:

"Some odd coincidences of timing here that may or may not be bread crumbs.  An article comes out this weekend with Urban Meyer addressing rumors of him heading to USC. He somewhat denies with the vapid “I don’t see myself coaching again” schtick. I mention this because any behind the scenes movement involving USC and Urban would involve Lynn Swann (USC AD), who himself is buddies with Bru’s dad (they have lunch often). If Kingsbury was enough to lure Bru to USC, imagine Urban. And Urban would no doubt be recruiting today if he’s to be at USC next year (and Urban would love to stick it to Herman).
I believe UT Summer sessions start this week, so Bru would need to make his move before then. The story drops on Sunday the week before classes.  The Texas coaching staff is on vacation this week, making it a lot easier to leave the program in the dark of night at Bellmont.
The whole waiver thing. The McCoy family hires an attorney at their own expense. According to the story, the family never completed their side of the waiver application, and they’ve got their own counsel (apart from Texas). Perhaps the counsel is to help them with their waiver, irrespective of what school he’s attending? 
Just wildly speculating."

This actually makes a lot of sense.

One good way to look at the situation - at least Bru didn’t take another WR’s spot since he flipped after signing day.