2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

aggy in unison in January.   "No way that mother fucker "counts" as a 2019 recruit"

aggy in unison in May (violently jacking off to twitter rumors) "Bru McCoy was the center piece of the sips' 2019 class and this loss kills all of their supposed recruiting momentum"

aggy in unison next January after he sits out this year and has to join the 2020 recruits "No way that mother fucker counts as a 2020 recruit!"

I think we are good at receiver either way.

Jake Smith should be here soon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

McCoy or Shepherd biggest drama filled recruitment for 2019 class?

For all the noise over Shepherd, he committed to one school, stayed committed (at least publicly), and signed with that same school on NSD, with no wavering afterward.

Bru is about to enter the portal for the second time in less than half a year.

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

McCoy or Shepherd biggest drama filled recruitment for 2019 class?

Pretty obvious now who it is, Elmer.

The fact that McCoy did this to two schools now...the University of Texas will be fine. Lots of student-athletes who are qualified and wanting to play for the Burnt Orange and White. Wish the young man good luck and hope he gets better people in his corner.

This is a young kid. Everyone he knows & loves is back in Cali and they have probably been on him 24/7 to come back home. Let's go easy on him.

This doesn't hurt nearly as much as losing Floyd at LB or Brown at RB, where we are thin. We have more WR talent than we can handle. 

Odds are, he will eventually want to transfer away again in a year from USC to God knows where. Can't help but think that Bru will bring about some increased NCAA limitations on the transfer portal. 

• Like 1

Per 247:  Bru weighing options.....  Texas coaches are on vacation 

"This news comes at a peculiar time as the entire Texas coaching staff is off for vacation this week after wrapping up the spring evaluation recruiting period."

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Article/Texas-Longhorns-Bru-McCoy-transfer-Texas-to-USC-Trojans-132351839/

Is it ok to somehow hope the NCAA makes him sit out 2 years now? 

Jokingly, of course. I just dont understand how someone would want to put themself through this much shit. But then again, I've never been an 18 year old 5 star athlete, either. 

Previous quote when Bru transferred to Texas:

"I applaud Bru and his courageousness to say, 'Hey, this is not where my heart is, and I'm going to do something to change that,'" Herman said of McCoy's decision to transfer from USC to Texas. "

Guess it's also true if a return transfer to USC occurs...

Will be interesting to see if he cares about public perception. After the first one, the general response was “good for him/lol USC” so it was seemingly easy for him follow through. But this time it seems to be (except for College Station) universally, “wow what a flake.” I doubt it will make a difference, but the decisions of 18 year olds have been shaped by less.