2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I guess the only thing I would point out is that we were supposed to be recruiting players who we thought were a good cultural fit as well. Though I guess I understand if exceptions are made for five star guys.

It's not like he's a criminal or a bad dude. Just wishy-washy. You'll happily take a chance with that for a five-star.

Hell, I did my freshman year at a school in the midwest, transferred to UT to start my sophomore year, transferred BACK to the same school because what I thought wouldn't be a big deal at UT (class size) seemed to overwhelm all the excessively positive characteristics (girls, weather, drinking age), and then came BACK to UT for grad school.

I get it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I guess the only thing I would point out is that we were supposed to be recruiting players who we thought were a good cultural fit as well. Though I guess I understand if exceptions are made for five star guys.

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It's not like he's a criminal or a bad dude. Just wishy-washy. You'll happily take a chance with that for a five-star.

What texifornia said.  A recruit can check all the character boxes, but you can't predict homesickness or unhappiness when they get on campus.  It happens.  I can't fault the coaching staff for not predicting this, even when the kid left USC after only a short period of time. 

Spoiler

10:50 AM UPDATE (TUES): Bru McCoy was not at a Texas team workout Tuesday morning kicking off summer conditioning. According to a source close to the situation, Texas receivers coach Drew Mehringer is in southern California trying to listen to and reassure Bru McCoy about any concerns he might have with regard to remaining at Texas. That source said the primary reason McCoy is wavering about whether to stay at Texas or return to USC is a severe case of homesickness. That source said McCoy has been feeling this way for a few weeks and began telling some friends on the USC team he was considering returning to USC about two weeks ago. The source said McCoy has been reluctant to sign the eligibility waiver Texas has been trying to file on his behalf (because he's been having second thoughts about staying at Texas), thus the waiver still hasn't been filed by UT. (Chip Brown)

This is Ship Brown's update. 

6 minutes ago, bigup2dahorns said:

It’s time for that poster (?) to come back and declare that he’ll stick his dick in some mashed potatoes if Bru decides to stay at UT. Seemed to work for something else awhile ago.

Here I am.

I’ll stick my dick in Drew Mehringer if Bru stays at Texas

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Fenves just sent us all an email about the leg session as it relates to UT. Guy doesn’t even have his eye on the ball right now wrt McCoy. So frustrating. 

David Boren would have been camping outside Bru's house for weeks. 

35 minutes ago, Barry_McCokiner said:
  Hide contents

10:50 AM UPDATE (TUES): Bru McCoy was not at a Texas team workout Tuesday morning kicking off summer conditioning. According to a source close to the situation, Texas receivers coach Drew Mehringer is in southern California trying to listen to and reassure Bru McCoy about any concerns he might have with regard to remaining at Texas. That source said the primary reason McCoy is wavering about whether to stay at Texas or return to USC is a severe case of homesickness. That source said McCoy has been feeling this way for a few weeks and began telling some friends on the USC team he was considering returning to USC about two weeks ago. The source said McCoy has been reluctant to sign the eligibility waiver Texas has been trying to file on his behalf (because he's been having second thoughts about staying at Texas), thus the waiver still hasn't been filed by UT. (Chip Brown)

This is Ship Brown's update. 

That timing in that update makes no sense. The waiver has been unsigned for months, not weeks.

It seems to me that his best chance of playing yhis year would be to stay at Texas.  He went through all of spring practice and played in our spring game.  He didn't go through any practices st USC before transferring here.

22 minutes ago, Get ln My Van said:

Here I am.

I’ll stick my dick in Drew Mehringer if Bru stays at Texas

Going out on a limb here, but I don't think his fiancee would appreciate you doing that - regardless of how much you and Mehringer would enjoy that.

If this is just homesickness, I really have to question Bru's father as a man if he isn't strongly encouraging his son to stay at Texas. Bru won't be able to live his whole life surrounded by friends and family in Southern California. Bru was justified in leaving USC after the okie-doke from Kliff, but there is no justification for leaving Texas. The lad needs a strong father figure guiding him here, and talking to him about honoring commitments. It doesn't look like he has one. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

If this is just homesickness, I really have to question Bru's father as a man if he isn't strongly encouraging his son to stay at Texas. Bru won't be able to live his whole life surrounded by friends and family in Southern California. Bru was justified in leaving USC after the okie-doke from Kliff, but there is no justification for leaving Texas. The lad needs a strong father figure guiding him here, and talking to him about honoring commitments. It doesn't look like he has one. 

Everything I've seen is the family would like for Bru to stay at Texas.  End of the day, Bru is 18 right? 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

Everything I've seen is the family would like for Bru to stay at Texas.  End of the day, Bru is 18 right? 

I thought his family didn't want him going to Texas but to stay at USC originally. I've seen/read nothing that would indicate they have changed their minds or are trying to do anything but get him to go back to USC.  If they wanted him at Texas I think he would be staying.

Pretty sure his dad was all in on this corner when he wanted out of SC after a week or so.  I would think his Dad would tell him he should stick to Austin after giving his word (again).  But maybe seeing his son not happy at all can change his stance.

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I thought his family didn't want him going to Texas but to stay at USC originally. I've seen/read nothing that would indicate they have changed their minds or are trying to do anything but get him to go back to USC.  If they wanted him at Texas I think he would be staying.

Somewhat of a blur to me, but I think Bru wanted to commit to USC.  Dad seemed to like us and BC so when coach Bro ducked out, there was his opening.  I'd be super surprised if dad is actually ok with him flipping.  Again.

5 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Good guy Bru! He transferred in for the semester so we could beat A&M in recruiting for 2019. Transfers back now that his job is done. 

Is he in the portal now? I thought Coach Meh was still working on him.

1 minute ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

I'm assuming it's over. Everything posted thus far indicates it's been in the works for awhile. 

I mean that would be logical. But then if the normal logic ruled in this thing it would have been over on February 6th.

So I need to see this dude's name in the portal before I believe anything.

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I mean that would be logical. But then if the normal logic ruled in this thing it would have been over on February 6th.

So I need to see this dude's name in the portal before I believe anything.

Even if he doesn't transfer this year, he's all but guaranteed to do it at some point in the future. Maybe when USC hires Urbs. 

dca77cfa686694eae3e1917bf6d94fa886b72598

Texas in January:  it’s ok to change your mind. We all make mistakes. We still want you. They’ll be fine, this is about what’s best for you. 

Usc in January:  things will be great here, just give it a chance. Don’t you want to be a man of your word?

—————————

Usc in January:  it’s ok to change your mind. We all make mistakes. We still want you. They’ll be fine, this is about what’s best for you. 

Texas in January:  things will be great here, just give it a chance. Don’t you want to be a man of your word?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1