2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

34 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Doesn’t the word “than” make either choice correct? I’ll admit, I’m usually on the fewer train, but this one has me flummoxed. 

If you can reasonably count it (games)= fewer.

Just now, MAUFRAIS said:

What about money?

Payfewer Shoes doesn’t have a great ring to it.

It's less for money, because even though you can count money, we usually speak or write about it in the abstract.

Examples:

• This item costs three dollars fewer than the other one vs. This item costs three dollars fewer than the other one.
  • I have less money today than I thought I had vs. I have fewer moneys today than I thought I had.
  • Or in the words of CTJ, "He makes less money than me."

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

What about money?

Payfewer Shoes doesn’t have a great ring to it.

If you're talking about dollars or coins= fewer.

Edit: KatFid's quicker on the draw but I used less words.

Edited by KYHorn

59 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Examples:

• This item costs three dollars fewer than the other one vs. This item costs three dollars fewer than the other one.

Really good example right here. I totally see the difference between the two.

I don’t know why all of you are so pessimistic right now. Drew motherfucking Mehringer is in California right now as we speak winning over the McCoys. I mean seriously, if you had to pin your hopes on one guy changing Bru’s mind, would it not be this guy?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIL2mwMQKuYsabRU2Xs74

Just now, Burt Macklin said:

I don’t know why all of you are so pessimistic right now. Drew motherfucking Mehringer is in California right now as we speak winning over the McCoys. I mean seriously, if you had to pin your hopes on one guy changing Bru’s mind, would it not be this guy?

Apparently Chip Brown was wrong (surprise) and Drew was not in California.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Apparently Chip Brown was wrong (surprise) and Drew was not in California.

He'll be in California tomorrow, unless something has just changed that. If McCoy is in the portal on Thursday, you'll know how the meeting went. 

Herman doesn't have a relationship with his players, and some of these prima donnas need just that. It isn't just McCoy and this isn't about some gf in Los Angeles. 

That all considered, this dude is showing himself to be a flake. I don't want him to leave, but it won't be the end of the world if he does.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

If you can reasonably count it (games)= fewer.

this is correct, with an asterisk.

"four games" is a hard deadline for redshirting, so there's an argument that can be made that "four games" is one finite limit of time played, and not just a "number of games."

if you said "if he plays _______ than 3 or 4 games" it would definitely be "fewer".  by using "four games" specifically, you could argue it both ways.

i don't necessarily agree with it, but in sports writing, i've seen people do this for hard limits, like, "if he pitches less than the required five innings, he doesn't qualify for the win."  you can count innings, it should be fewer, but i understand how some go the other way with it.  certainly not as egregious as other less/fewer arguments that get me all triggered.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He'll be in California tomorrow, unless something has just changed that. If McCoy is in the portal on Thursday, you'll know how the meeting went. 

Herman doesn't have a relationship with his players, and some of these prima donnas need just that. It isn't just McCoy and this isn't about some gf in Los Angeles. 

But what about all the kisses?

• Like 1

Really good example right here. I totally see the difference between the two.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSIL2mwMQKuYsabRU2Xs74td21ukWaXvf5wLmDNSFwVJf_NniIc

a6af9184cc587f1037c2a93a3ce8899d.gif

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That all considered, this dude is showing himself to be a flake. I don't want him to leave, but it won't be the end of the world if he does.

Is this where you drop the whittington bomb?