2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

It’s whatever man.

Good luck to the guy. It’s like he took a camp here and finally decided what he wanted. Hell, maybe it was his plan just to test the waters here the whole time, the rules seem to allow this as long as USC is Ok with it, which they apparently are. So cool.

i don’t really feel he cost anyone as far at ‘19 target numbers wise and he seemed like a decent enough guy so whatevs

Edited by Doc Reeves

6 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

It’s whatever man.

Good luck to the guy. It’s like he took a camp here and finally decided what he wanted. Hell, maybe it was his plan just to test the waters here the whole time, the rules seem to allow this as long as USC is Ok with it, which they apparently are. So cool.

i don’t really feel he cost anyone as far at ‘19 target numbers wise and he seemed like a decent enough guy so whatevs

He kinda seems like a pussy

Edited by irishtexan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Early in the season, after playing Stanford at home, here is USC's schedule:

at BYU

Home against Utah

at Washington

at Notre Dame

I see Helton getting fired after getting butchered by ND.

Who signs up for this shitshow?

Yep.  It's going to be a giant shit show. 

Bru's chances of playing for meaningful hardware will never see the light of day in LA because season one will be the shit show.   Then season two into three will be a rebuilding of the shit show.  And really SC hasn't really shown they have what it takes to rebuild from the end of the  Pete Carrol era  shit show, so what makes Bru and others think it's going to occur with the next four years?    ESPN??

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I don't think the law means "as long as every gift you get is $14,999 or less, you don't have to report any of it ever"

True, but it keeps this off the table as questioned in another post:

" how are there not dozens of them in Federal Prison for tax fraud? "

19 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I've tested out the concept of doing what it takes to land prized recruits in conversations with the regime, so to speak. They're delusional. They don't believe or understand that the basketball program has been doing what it needs to do on the recruiting front for two decades. They also believe there is some sort of moral high ground that has value to the alumni base because "we don't want to be in the headlines for the wrong reasons". They're living in fantasyland that anyone gives a shit - the NCAA, the Big 12, the media, the fans.

I remember Roderick Anderson driving around campus in a Land Rover with a burnt orange 12 on the back of it in 1995.  Maybe he had rich parents, but that wasn't what I suspected at the time.  Or maybe I am getting old and can't remember shit correctly.

I’m shocked this has dragged on this long. It’s also interesting to see how Bru has seemingly gone against his parents advise repeatedly.

I think he’s gone and I am Ok with that but I don’t like this decision being dragged out.

10 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

agree... I think Bru is a blue chip talent but not at slot receiver.  In this class, Smith being the next Jordan Shipley type will be hard to beat out. Whittington seeing time at a position of need (RB).  Bru should have realized that his natural position and probably best chance at the NFL is at LB, also a position of need at Texas.  If he wants to insist on being a slot at Texas, he's in for a lot of competition  and this was obvious from the beginning, IMO.

...but he doesn't play at slot or H? He played the X at the Spring Game

He wasn't playing the same position as LJH (the Spring Game had Josh Moore and Jordan Pouncey at H-Slot btw, which is the position that Jake Smith is expected to play)

8 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Yep.  It's going to be a giant shit show. 

Bru's chances of playing for meaningful hardware will never see the light of day in LA because season one will be the shit show.   Then season two into three will be a rebuilding of the shit show.  And really SC hasn't really shown they have what it takes to rebuild from the end of the  Pete Carrol era  shit show, so what makes Bru and others think it's going to occur with the next four years?    ESPN??

Bru is prepping for the NFL.   I'm sure he'd love to play on some great teams in college and compete for championships, but it looks like he'll put up with USC's downturn if he can be close to home, Lakers girl and his Mater Dei crew.

We were all shocked when he came here and for the same reasons shouldn't be surprised of the recent events.   We don't have to like it, but I can understand it from a teenager.

10 minutes ago, NoName said:

...but he doesn't play at slot or H? He played the X at the Spring Game

He wasn't playing the same position as LJH (the Spring Game had Josh Moore and Jordan Pouncey at H-Slot btw, which is the position that Jake Smith is expected to play)

JMO, but I dont think he has much chance at wide out. I think his best chance on offense is slot and there's a lot of competition for that spot

I think he's a talent playing the wrong side of the ball

Edited by Soldierhorn

Bru is prepping for the NFL.   I'm sure he'd love to play on some great teams in college and compete for championships, but it looks like he'll put up with USC's downturn if he can be close to home, Lakers girl and his Mater Dei crew.
We were all shocked when he came here and for the same reasons shouldn't be surprised of the recent events.   We don't have to like it, but I can understand it from a teenager.

No doubt about the NFL angle. He’d be a three year player anywhere he goes. And that will occur whether the so called experts at the time think he’s a go or not. I think at the end of the day the positives of him never wearing a UT uniform will outweigh the negatives.

28 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I think they just wanted an excuse to kick it in LA for a little while and tell Bru to figure it out ASAP.

Anything short of Herman and Mehringer snorting coke off a Song Girl's chest would be a huge disappointment

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

JMO, but I dont think he has much chance at wide out. I think his best chance on offense is slot and there's a lot of competition for that spot

i am glad you think that, however 1) the H-slot position in this offense was not "built" for guys like LJH, they are built for the Jake Smith/Percy Harvin style of player and 2) the Texas coaches disagree with you based on where he was lined up and what they see in practices.

No offense, but not sure why you think he is a slot outside of the fact that you saw LJH there last year. 

6 minutes ago, Fug said:

And another one...

It seems like Tom has successfully sanitized the locker room of the pussyitis that lingered like a staff infection for the past 10 years. 

Edit: yes I know how to spell. Think harder

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 8

Since our coaches (and best recruiters) are already in Cali why not stop by and say hi to some of our recruits out there?

In addition to a re-recruiting trip lets just turn this into a good old regular recruiting trip.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

If those tweets are about Bru, it does not sound like he made a very good impression during his time in Spring practice. As I speculated before, he may not have been a good culture fit. I can see why we recruited him anyway though.

Don’t start with this nonsense. Players welcomed him and supported him, treated him like a brother. He then chose to turn his back on the team. They probably don’t appreciate that. 

That’s all it is 

• Like 3

If those tweets are about Bru, it does not sound like he made a very good impression during his time in Spring practice. As I speculated before, he may not have been a good culture fit. I can see why we recruited him anyway though.

Don’t start with this nonsense. Players welcomed him and supported him, treated him like a brother. He then chose to turn his back on the team. They probably don’t appreciate that. 

That’s all it is 

That’s all it is