2019 ATH Bru McCoy

texifornia

1 hour ago, Doc Reeves said:

It’s whatever man.

Good luck to the guy. It’s like he took a camp here and finally decided what he wanted. Hell, maybe it was his plan just to test the waters here the whole time, the rules seem to allow this as long as USC is Ok with it, which they apparently are. So cool.

i don’t really feel he cost anyone as far at ‘19 target numbers wise and he seemed like a decent enough guy so whatevs

USC just sent him away to spring camp to get  Yancy'd into real football shape.  I wouldn't be surprised if the McCoy's high dollar attorney doesn't take a shot at immediate eligibility for Bru at USC...

giphy.gif

Shooter's got to shoot!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

from my usc buddy yesterday - "why anyone would want to be a part of this shitshow right now i will never understand".

i'd love to hear bru's thoughts in a year.

He just wants to hang with his Mater Dei buddies and go back to Palos Verdes on the weekend.

Nice, but kind of boring, life.

2 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Early in the season, after playing Stanford at home, here is USC's schedule:

at BYU

Home against Utah

at Washington

at Notre Dame

I see Helton getting fired after getting butchered by ND.

Who signs up for this shitshow?

So you're saying there's a chance that, between Dec 18 and Dec 19, he could play for: 

High school coach 

Helton

Herman

Helton

Interim USC nd

New USC hc Jack del Rio 

• Like 1

At Texas:

1.  Already splitting starter reps with Josh Moore at slot after 1 spring.

2.  Get to play immediately and gets the chance to ball out against LSU on national television for arguably the best non conference game of the season.  

3.  Gets to play for an offense that is set to put some good numbers this season.

4.  Gets to be developed by Yancy.

5.  Gets to play with a Heisman candidate QB for two more years.

6.  Texas is likely to play for the big 12 title the next two years and make a playoff run.

At USC:

1. Sit out a year

2.  Learn a new offense playing on the scout team.

3.  Helton gets fired.

4.  Next year has to compete for a starting spot against players already established.

5.  Will have a new OC and a new head coach.  Will need to learn a whole new system.

6.  Will never play for anything meaningful while USC rebuilds.

7.  Will get to play with JT daniel for only 1 year.

If the kid is stupid enough to pass up everything we have to offer and jeopardize his college career for some high school pussy and to hang out with his OC bros, then his father needs to step in and guide the young man.  Regardless, the damage has been done.  He’s flaking on his team and we’ve seen the reaction.  We have lots of instate and OOS players that come from some very tough upbringings like Gerald Wilson that don’t walk away from the team the minute they face adversity.  With his privileged upbringing, he seems to flake the minute he’s not being coddled or can’t handle adversity.  He needs to decide and commit to a program whether it’s Texas or USC.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

USC just sent him away to spring camp to get  Yancy'd into real football shape.  I wouldn't be surprised if the McCoy's high dollar attorney doesn't take a shot at immediate eligibility for Bru at USC...

giphy.gif

Shooter's got to shoot!!

Helton playing 4D parcheesi.

Sorry it's already been covered, but if he goes back to USC, he sits a year unless he can convince NCAA that someone called him some racial epithet in Austin right?

The justification for not sitting a year after switching to Texas was going to be that the USC staff lied to him about coach Bro being their OC.  But he's been in school, there's been no shenanigans on our part so now he's just a guy who wants to be somewhere else and sits a year right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neonmoon said:

Don’t start with this nonsense. Players welcomed him and supported him, treated him like a brother. He then chose to turn his back on the team. They probably don’t appreciate that. 

That’s all it is 

Ok cool. Hey I am all for trying to keep Bru around. I don't know anything, so I should probably shut up.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

What's the delay?  Red demanding his raptor back? His GF wanting him to go back to Austin to watch over her sister?

Sometimes there's a lag in showing up in the portal. If he requested it today after the visit yesterday, it might not show up until sometime Monday due to the weekend. 

27 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Sorry it's already been covered, but if he goes back to USC, he sits a year unless he can convince NCAA that someone called him some racial epithet in Austin right?

The justification for not sitting a year after switching to Texas was going to be that the USC staff lied to him about coach Bro being their OC.  But he's been in school, there's been no shenanigans on our part so now he's just a guy who wants to be somewhere else and sits a year right?

seems like he may have fucked up playing this year no matter where he is.

9 minutes ago, Fud said:

Yesterday he was put on the spot on the radio, is Bru staying or leaving? He guessed staying, without much conviction. 

He's a tough listen, tough time getting to the point or objectively criticizing any short comings shown by the staff. He's proven to pump sunshine, I would not have much confidence in his guess to what Bru will do.

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

from my usc buddy yesterday - "why anyone would want to be a part of this shitshow right now i will never understand".

i'd love to hear bru's thoughts in a year.

Doesn’t matter, had sex (with my Hs girlfriend that I love more than anything and can’t imagine living without)

Damn. If those tweets are about Bru, which is really the only logical assumption, he isn't going to be well received if he somehow did end up returning. 

Only tweet that seems out of place is Keondre's. "We don't kiss anybody's ass." If that's about Bru, it sounds like he expected everybody to worship him. Seems like we would've heard that rumor before if it were true.

11 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Damn. If those tweets are about Bru, which is really the only logical assumption, he isn't going to be well received if he somehow did end up returning. 

Only tweet that seems out of place is Keondre's. "We don't kiss anybody's ass." If that's about Bru, it sounds like he expected everybody to worship him. Seems like we would've heard that rumor before if it were true.

Could be a shot at Evans for not showing him enough love?

Edited by Thiefery

1 minute ago, texaslong said:

Agreed. Not sure the NCAA would allow him to play this year at Texas after this. 

If he stayed and sent his request for eligibility Friday morning, he'll get it or Tom will go berserk and dig up the body of Joe Jamail and sue ERREBODY

5 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Agreed. Not sure the NCAA would allow him to play this year at Texas after this. 

I think he would be almost guaranteed of getting to play if he stays st Texas.  He will also almost definitely have to sit if he goes back to USC.

4 minutes ago, texaslong said:

Was just thinking this earlier. He was so disgusted and hurt by being lied to by USC that he left after a week but then wanted to go back couple months later isn't really making his case for himself.

2 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Maybe he likes it a little colder, say 70 degrees instead of 98.6 from the starting point.

Body heat is a good treatment for hypothermia. Your friend must be a real altruist and I tip my cap to him. 

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Y'all are insane. Nothing legal can be used against his thoughts and emotions.

You're gonna have to be more specific.

Not sure what you mean about using legal measures against his thoughts and emotions.  Any legal or eligibility ramifications that come about due to his waffling are going to come from the NCAA, not us.  No one is trying to force him to stay through legal measures.  

Edited by Lhorn

4 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Y'all are insane. Nothing legal can be used against his thoughts and emotions.

Well it's not a "legal" process. The committee seemingly bases their decisions on whatever they want. The original argument - being lied to and having the coach bail - would have played to the crowd a lot better if he didn't just make it clear that he didn't care about the lies after all. 

Guys, please stop all this crap. These are 17 year old kids and everyone one of you and me did stupid crap at that age. If the young man is truly conflicted, thats his deal and not yours. Most of you are making judgements based on your experiences and not his. Nothing good comes from this and you look like a bunch of aggys who actually ran off a highly recruited young man years ago.

Start acting like We're Texas. If the young man comes back to Austin great, if not wish him well and move on and quit taking this stuff personally.

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, realgreggym said:

Guys, please stop all this crap. These are 17 year old kids and everyone one of you and me did stupid crap at that age. If the young man is truly conflicted, thats his deal and not yours. Most of you are making judgements based on your experiences and not his. Nothing good comes from this and you look like a bunch of aggys who actually ran off a highly recruited young man years ago.

Start acting like We're Texas. If the young man comes back to Austin great, if not wish him well and move on and quit taking this stuff personally.

We apologize Mr. McCoy. Give Bru a hug for us, please. We all assumed he was an 18 year old man by now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1