Archer: Season 9

smokebomb

36 minutes ago, Big_kat said:

Are they ever going to get back to the original story? They have lost me by doing the one off season set in different times. 

I don’t think so. I read an interview with a show creator where he mentions how boring it would be to write the same type of show over and over. 

The gang hanging around the office being assholes to each other was what made the show great.  Once they started veering off into other shit it went downhill quick.  Last season was just an all-around mess and completely unfunny. 

Don't really have high hopes for this upcoming season. 

This is what I was referencing:

http://deadline.com/2016/09/creator-of-fxs-archer-lays-out-plan-to-end-series-after-season-10-1201829509/

The plan is to end Archer after season 10. I don’t know that anybody has talked about that, but that is definitely my plan—to do 8, 9, and 10 and they’re gonna be each shorter seasons of just eight episodes, and then wind it up.…I was gonna end it after 8, but then I had sort of a brain explosion of a way that I could do three more seasons and really keep my interest up. So the three seasons that are coming up are gonna be pretty different from what has come before, and they’re gonna be different from each other.”

11 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

This is what I was referencing:

http://deadline.com/2016/09/creator-of-fxs-archer-lays-out-plan-to-end-series-after-season-10-1201829509/

The plan is to end Archer after season 10. I don’t know that anybody has talked about that, but that is definitely my plan—to do 8, 9, and 10 and they’re gonna be each shorter seasons of just eight episodes, and then wind it up.…I was gonna end it after 8, but then I had sort of a brain explosion of a way that I could do three more seasons and really keep my interest up. So the three seasons that are coming up are gonna be pretty different from what has come before, and they’re gonna be different from each other.”

I had to quote this just to read it something wonky about the text color at least on mobile 

early archer was possibly the funniest thing I’ve ever watched. Newer archer has been passable but not on the same level

Edited by RCRanger03

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 2:40 PM, BERT said:

I'm sure the real ISIS kind of fucked everything up. Couldn't really keep that name going after the beheadings started. 

I keep waiting for Malory to stroll in and say "People, ISIS has a branding problem."

Lana:  "umm, do you even watch the news?"

Malory: "Why is our name being used by some hip-hop floozy?"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

http://www.denofgeek.com/us/tv/archer/276819/archer-season-10-will-be-influenced-by-alien-and-star-wars

Archer: 1999

An exclusive first look at the season’s premiere teases a plot that involves a distress beacon, an alien invader, and space pirates (which make for a nice contrast from the literal pirates from Archer: Danger Island). Not only did this material really strike a chord with the audience, but the show’s animation continues to amaze. Everything that was shown from Archer: 1999 was straight up gorgeous and it’s satisfying to see that the show’s look only further refines what works for them.

In addition to the new setting and character models, it also looks like Archer: 1999 will make a return to the more serialized storytelling that dominated Archer: Dreamland and Archer: Danger Island. Thompson indicates thatArcher: 1999 will largely be one complex story that will continue to feed into what the other seasons have been doing and the slippery nature of the show’s “reality” at this point. He cites seminal science fiction films like Alien, Star Wars, and The Last Starfighter as all influences on Archer: 1999’s stories.

Archer’s tenth season will transport Archer and the rest of its cast to the space station, Seamus. Archer finds himself in the role of captain amidst all of these space rejects. These characters will find themselves occupying traditional science fiction roles that embrace the strangeness of the genre, like how Krieger is now an android who may or may not be evil (in an appreciated nod to Bishop from Alien, complete with his characteristic “milk blood”) and Pam is a hulking rock monster (Aisha Tyler eloquently describes the character as “if The Thing had a really bad case of eczema”). 

Mallory may receive the most unexpected change of all when she becomes a sentient ball of raw energy, but rest assured, Jessica Walter still kills the performance. If anything her snarky, condescending demeanor pacts even more impact when it comes out of a weird force of science. Thompson also promises the return of Barry in “full-on robot mode”, a weird, adorable green alien who’s voiced by Sam Richardson, and a robotic torture bird called Funby (no relation to Krieger’s Crackers from last season).