Mizzou really is SEC now

mdmost

2 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

UNC skated for 2 reasons:

1. They had to be dealt with under the old system not the new penalty matrix that is much more hard core

2. The NCAA had to punt on the issue of clustering and class work because they could not get anyone to roll that this was purely a no show gig for athletes. Lots of smoke, but not fire which was required under the old system.

I thought that a 3rd reason that UNC skated was because the classes were open to the entire student body, so the athletes "weren't getting preferential treatment just because they were athletes".

2 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I guess big 12 teams will have to find a new sec team to beat in their bowl every year.  Oh well.

Didn't mizzou just pick up two qb transfers?  Bryant and the interception machine from tcu?

you-have-chosen-poorly.jpg

The TCU QB has to sit out this year anyway (not a grad-transfer), so a year of probably doesn't mean anything to him.

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Sucks for Kelly Bryant??  Any idea who else he was considering??

he was looking at Arkansas too he made a visit there for a game even

he made a mistake not going there I realize they are terrible, but he could have gotten them bowl eligible most likely and maybe even 7 wins plus a bowl game and it would have really added to his resume

Missouri is stuck doing what they do which is 7 or 8 wins and a bowl loss and probably will not improve on that this year

2 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Did you miss the part about her being a rogue actor? I don’t believe there was any finding that anyone in a position of authority directed, encouraged, or even knew what the tutor was doing.

Right. Because they were all lining up to tell on themselves. Of course she was a "rogue actor."

Right. Because they were all lining up to tell on themselves. Of course she was a "rogue actor."

It was the NCAA’s opinion that she was a rogue actor, not Connelly’s.

From the NCAA findings:

The tutor, an individual hired by the athletics department and entrusted to guide student-athletes through their academics, took it upon herself to complete work on their behalf.

Again, that's the conclusion when no one else will talk. Doesn't mean that's what happened by any means.

And? Punishments must be based on the actual findings. Not what you suspect might have happened but found no evidence of.

And again, the NCAA found that the school demonstrated “exemplary cooperation.”

It appears Muslimgirl1973's attempt to blow up the Mizzou program has failed and has ruined her career.

I suppose you could say it was a...

60159518991d6a5c250a04a94467f536.jpg

... career suicide bombing.

She’s apparently been periodically offering to sell her story ever since she initially went public because she still owes Mizzou $3k and they won’t release her transcript.

Just now, Walden Ponderer said:

I want to know why the fuck Missouri is getting away with the narrative that this was a harsh penalty. It's a wrist slap for blatant and obvious cheating.

It's called Misery for a reason. If only Art Briles were available, they'd be back in the hunt for another SEC East title.

30 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

Just spitballin, but it seems like the NCAA would be a lot more effective (and far less susceptible to legal challenges) if their penalties automatically included the immediate granting of waivers for anyone who wants to transfer

except those that have been part of the cheating they stay and wallow in it

36 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

Does Missouri have a whistle blower law?  I would think a good lawyer could portray this as retaliation on the part of state officials.

If you're talking about Mizzery not releasing her transcripts, it's standard practice that transcripts are held if a student has an unpaid balance. UT threatened to hold my transcripts over a library fine. 

Looking through this, first of all, everyone should have some pity. Poor girl was starving to death. 

I have suspicions based on what's been posted in this thread of what went down. 

4 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I want to know why the fuck Missouri is getting away with the narrative that this was a harsh penalty. It's a wrist slap for blatant and obvious cheating.

Ask Dan Rydell. He and Billy Liucci clearly disagree that there’s anythig wrong with Mizzou cheating and think they should continue. 

Ask Dan Rydell. He and Billy Liucci clearly disagree that there’s anythig wrong with Mizzou cheating and think they should continue. 

I think they deserved probation, vacating wins, a fine, and some increased training and supervision of tutors if that hasn’t already occurred.

I think the severity of the sanctions is pretty insane for a situation where there was no finding of institutional wrongdoing or of wrongdoing by any person of authority. Particularly after the complete non-punishment of UNC.

I also think the NCAA is setting a terrible precedent by declaring that circling the wagons and deny, deny, deny is more fruitful for schools than self-reporting and cooperation.

The lesson from these sanctions vs. the treatment of UNC for any school who finds itself in this situation is to immediately task the tutor to also cheat for some non-athletes, cover everything up, and when caught, deny everything and refuse to cooperate.
  • Like 1

This was easy for the NCAA. Missouri doesn't matter but they have just enough name recognition that they can act like they will crack down on anyone.

Forget unc, forget that the FBI got guilty verdicts in a scandal that was to alter the college basketball landscape as we know it...

Nah, fuck all that noise... We hit a meaningless program with some bullshit because bitches are crazy and pussy is undefeated. Just look at us now. Now, this time, we are serious. For real. Promise. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I was about to post something similar.  I keep reading that they got hammered and shouldn't have cooperated.  It's 4 scholarships and they have to skip their bowl loss to a middling big 12 team this December.  Big deal

• Like 4