If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

Earth shattering news at the Freak this morning. Matt Cather is leaving the morning show today. That is all.

Major announcement? About as important as that call you get everyday about a free digital security system or telling you your car’s warranty is about to expire.

6 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

If you had given me odds that Greggo would outlive the Commissioner, I would've lost quite a bit of money. RIP. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

The ticket just saying nothing while Dan and Jake go missing for weeks is completely insulting to the listener. They think the p1s are a bunch of idiots. So disrespectful. 

They could easily announce there's an ongoing issue and they will be gone momentarily without giving specifics and everyone will know what it is. There's no legal issue with doing that. 

Fuck the ticket management

• Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The ticket just saying nothing while Dan and Jake go missing for weeks is completely insulting to the listener. They think the p1s are a bunch of idiots. So disrespectful. 

They could easily announce there's an ongoing issue and they will be gone momentarily without giving specifics and everyone will know what it is. There's no legal issue with doing that. 

It’s a radio schedule for human beings damnit

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, NOMAAA said:

haha.  man who gives a shit?  what does it matter if they leave or if they stay.  you will be able to hear them elsewhere.  relax.

If they let Jake walk it's pretty telling.  I can take or leave Dan personally (probably a minority opinion here) but Jake is pretty clearly the best talent under 40 and has been for years.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If they let Jake walk it's pretty telling.  I can take or leave Dan personally (probably a minority opinion here) but Jake is pretty clearly the best talent under 40 and has been for years.

i think you are discounting what TC brought to the station.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

1t1A.gif

Jake would be smart to maximize what money he can make in terrestrial radio.  All the others are in their 50s and from all accounts have been doing very well for at least a couple of decades.  There ain't a couple of decades left on the terrestrial radio ride for a younger guy like Jake.  

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Jake would be smart to maximize what money he can make in terrestrial radio.  All the others are in their 50s and from all accounts have been doing very well for at least a couple of decades.  There ain't a couple of decades left on the terrestrial radio ride for a younger guy like Jake.  

Agreed.  If he got a competing offer that Cumulus didn't match, that seems to indicate Cumulus is going to squeeze all the profit they can over the next 5-10 years without any real succession planning.  

Bummer if it’s truly the end of Dan and Jake on the ticket.

I’d assume their show will go somewhere and I’ll still listen, but the continued breakup of the core group of guys is sad, especially when thinking about the big group trips to the Super Bowl, campound, etc. Dan and Jake balancing out Bob, Junior, and Corby in those settings is noticeable.

Bummer if it’s truly the end of Dan and Jake on the ticket.
I’d assume their show will go somewhere and I’ll still listen, but the continued breakup of the core group of guys is sad, especially when thinking about the big group trips to the Super Bowl, campound, etc. Dan and Jake balancing out Bob, Junior, and Corby in those settings is noticeable.

Looks like they really held out for total ownership of the show on a digital platform which Cumulus wasn’t going to allow. If true Jake should have stayed and teamed with Donovan and rather than hardnosing a deal with Dan. They were the 12-3 team; it’s not going to get the money of a drive time crew.

Oh well they’re gone. Dont give a shit really. It’s a nonevent. If true they pulled the pin on themselves. Taking a hard stance in this day in the radio bidness just isn’t a strong position for 99.5% of radio personalities.

January 1, 2020

George Dunham, Craig Miller, Gordon Keith, Norm Hitzges, Donovan Lewis, Dan McDowell, Bob Sturm, Mike Rhyner, Corby Davidson  A line up that was pretty much unchanged since Donnie joined BAD in what? 2011?

August 1, 2023

George Dunham, Craig Miller, Gordon Keith, Donovan Lewis, Bob Sturm, Corby Davidson, Dave Lane.

Then there is the myriad of lower-tier changes.

Been quite the 3.5 years.