$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

8 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Gerry and Bobby have been buds forever, right? I wonder if this is more contractual. Bobby blew up with ON3 and as such Gerry can't work his channel anymore.

Looking forward to listening to tonight's live stream tomorrow. Honestly, if Bobby just gets a couple of recruiting dudes who can give the info and mix in knowledgeable former players or coaches to give analysis I'll listen. Would love to see how a Babers and Kelson Football Theory sounds. Bobby has all off-season to work some magic with his connections. 

Lawyers have to be involved for this to have gone down the way it has. Probably a squabble over revenue from EN at IT.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Shannon Terry started a thread and said this 

Reveal hidden contents

Insider Texas Members,

I've been getting a few calls and checking out messages, and I want to take a few minutes and help clarify the news on Gerry and Bobby.

I have a solid relationship with all the parties involved, and this community is becoming one of our industry's largest fan sites.

From inception, Gerry Hamilton and Bobby Burton have been employees of On3. Gerry remains under contract with On3.

I have worked with Gerry for years. He is loved and respected as a person and for his contributions to Inside Texas, On3, and our industry.

When we created On3, we took our previous experience from Rivals and 247, and we launched a dual team model where we have both Fan Sites (ex Inside Texas) and Team-specific Channels (Texas On3). We have team channels for all P5 schools and have been building a network of college fan sites with around 30 markets. 

The attribution is clear and divided. All content on the fansite is from the fan site partnerships and staff, and all content on the On3 Team Channels is from the On3 National Editorial Staff – a team that now exceeds 50+ content creators.

This model allows us to preserve the uniqueness and authenticity of the fan sites, but provide a wealth of team-specific content and productions from our On3 team. Essentially, the best of both worlds for the fans. This is one of the many ways we are different from 247.

Furthermore, it is expected and customary that our On3 National team posts and engages in the fan site message board communities.

While Gerry and Bobby could not work out a future specifically with Inside Texas, I want you to know that Gerry is staying. Gerry will continue to work as he always has – under contract for On3 – and will post content and analysis now on the Texas On3 Channel, no different than the other 50+ On3 creators. That content is included in your IT membership, and IT owners share in the revenue. Gerry will also be active in the message boards.

Simply put, Gerry isn't going anywhere. Gerry is hugely valuable to On3 and this Texas Fan Site Community.

Regarding Bobby, we wish him the best of luck in his video production venture. This opportunity for Bobby will no longer be part of Inside Texas or On3.

I've been doing this business for almost 30 years and the only constant is change. However, I can promise we will continue to march forward and provide a great product for all college football fans.

Hope this note helps.

Shannon Terry
Founder and CEO On3

Bump.... Great explanation, Thx Hookem2147

Edited by LTtxfan
I suck editing

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Lawyers have to be involved for this to have gone down the way it has. Probably a squabble over revenue from EN at IT.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Bump.... Great explanation, Thx Hookem2147

From reading that it kind of sounds like Bobby wants to branch out to do his own thing, probably wanted Gerry too, and Gerry doesn't want to leave that ON3 paycheck. 

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

From reading that it kind of sounds like Bobby wants to branch out to do his own thing, probably wanted Gerry too, and Gerry doesn't want to leave that ON3 paycheck. 

More like Nahlin tried to get revenue from Bobby's OTF and Burton said Fukoff.

It's likely that Gerry wanted to keep doing OTF, but he was told no by Nahlin.   So Gerry then called Shannon Terry and said move me to team Texas On3 and get me out of the middle of this "Inside Texas" bullshit.

Burton vs Nahlin

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

So are we thinking Gerry basically went to On3 and said give me another role for the time being so I can get away from Nahlin? No way his “promotion” to a national role being announced the same day as Bobby leaving was just a coincidence. 

Very likely. Bobby seemed pissed off about the whole thing. It's likely the cash got real, and Nahlin probably got jealousy and wanted a piece because it was created originally under the IT umbrella.

Here's a pretty decent explanation...

Spoiler

If he puts out 200+ daily shows per year and averages 10K views per show, that’s 2 million views per year to the channel. (This excludes the pod mediums which are also popular.) You can make $0.03 per view, so that’s $60K+ per year off just YouTube views. Add in another $10K for superchat revenue.

Then you have pod revenue, which could be similar to YouTube, maybe higher.

Then you have ad revenue on YouTube and the pod. This is an attractive audience with higher than average wealth, income and education. OTF ad revenue is probably multiples of the usage revenue (views/listens).

All, in I wouldn’t be surprised if OTF generates $200K+ in all-in revenue per year (and growing… it’s early stages). And with only a couple full time employees.

I think Bobby can make a living out of OTF for sure.

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Very likely. Bobby seemed pissed off about the whole thing. It's likely the cash got real, and Nahlin probably got jealousy and wanted a piece because it was created originally under the IT umbrella.

Thought it was interesting that Shannon Terry said Bobby also left On3, not just IT.

Bobby was the reason IT went under the on3 umbrella. Not sure what type of agreement IT and on3 have but I’d bet they will separating whenever it expires.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Bobby has the money to pay Gerry. If he doesn't, he knows plenty of people who do. My best guess is this a contractual thing. Gerry isn't on to avoid issues with lawsuits. Just a guess by me though. Makes the most sense to me. You can tell, Gerry really enjoyed doing these things. Or perhaps he is just a good actor.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

I doubt Nahlin has the skill to take "Inside Texas" away from Shannon Terry and On3. 

Don’t think it works that way. Nahlin has majority ownership of IT. They operated as an independent site for a long time before going under the On3 umbrella.

It’s why you see sites shuffle places from time to time. The OU 247 platform moved to Rivals a while back and the Rivals platform moved to On3.

4 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Don’t think it works that way. Nahlin has majority ownership of IT. They operated as an independent site for a long time before going under the On3 umbrella.  It’s why you see sites shuffle places from time to time. The OU 247 platform moved to Rivals a while back and the Rivals platform moved to On3.

Maybe you're right...  But money changed hands when On3 brought "Inside Texas" in.   Again, I don't think Nahlin wants to go to battle against Shannon Terry.  

Edited by LTtxfan

It's likely that Gerry wanted to keep doing OTF, but he was told no by Nahlin.   So Gerry then called Shannon Terry and said move me to team Texas On3 and get me out of the middle of this "Inside Texas" bullshit.
Burton vs Nahlin
giphy.gif

This seems likely. But it doesn’t explain why Bobby left On3 instead of just separating from IT.

29 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Burton vs Nahlin

giphy.gif

Actual Burton vs Nahlin

tumblr_mq0kgxFuDM1s2dkmso1_250.gif

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

This seems likely. But it doesn’t explain why Bobby left On3 instead of just separating from IT.

Bobby doesn't go on the road and chase stories anymore.  He was an employee of "Inside Texas".  With Gerry now going to the Texas team On3 roster, it's likely that Bobby just isn't needed at On3 if he leaves "Inside Texas".

Found this article when Bobby left 247 to go to "Inside Texas".... 

AUSTIN, Texas, Nov. 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Bobby Burton, a 30-plus year college recruiting expert has joined InsideTexas.com. Burton's move marks the first major development for Inside Texas since the news service announced its new ownership team on Monday.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bobby-burton-joins-inside-texas-301177092.html

Edited by LTtxfan

7 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

I would assume it had something to do with him wanting to pursue On Texas Football on YouTube Independently. 

I wonder how long Gerry’s deal is for. Even if Nahlin takes his ball and goes home at some point, the only thing we could hope for is Bobby to come back in as an owner and  he runs the site. No one wants or needs Chip Brown(247) or Ketchum(Rivals) at on3. Is there any other UT 9.95 ers out there trying to break through that might have connections to Gerry that Bobby could set up interviews with.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

I would assume it had something to do with him wanting to pursue On Texas Football on YouTube Independently. 

I wonder how long Gerry’s deal is for. Even if Nahlin takes his ball and goes home at some point, the only thing we could hope for is Bobby to come back in as an owner and  he runs the site. No one wants or needs Chip Brown(247) or Ketchum(Rivals) at on3. Is there any other UT 9.95 ers out there trying to break through that might have connections to Gerry that Bobby could set up interviews with.

Duhhh…Mike Roach obviously.  

Pretty sure Bobby is/was an investor with ON3 and was likely contributing to IT.  Bobby has made plenty of money and believe his kid/s are in college where as Gerry still has a som that is younger.  Guessing Bobby can grow his YT channel and probably doesn’t need money where as Gerry likely still needs a full time job.  I imagine Bobby will grow his channel and then bring Gerry on once it can make enough money to pay people full time.  Inside Texas will lose tons of subscribers.  Bobby and Gerry have a much bigger network.  Those two bring in former Texas players, recruits, Sankey, Finebaum, Greg Sankey.  Who the fuck are Eric Nahlin and Justin Wells going to bring for content? Darius Terrell? Lmao.  

This sucks bc I really enjoyed quad group of Bobby, Gerry, Rod, and Drew Kelson.  

I’m curious if that Terry guy and Bobby are still good.  Hopefully Nahlin and those fuckwads didn’t cause a falling out with long time friends.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HtownHorn said:

Here's a pretty decent explanation...

Hide contents

If he puts out 200+ daily shows per year and averages 10K views per show, that’s 2 million views per year to the channel. (This excludes the pod mediums which are also popular.) You can make $0.03 per view, so that’s $60K+ per year off just YouTube views. Add in another $10K for superchat revenue.

Then you have pod revenue, which could be similar to YouTube, maybe higher.

Then you have ad revenue on YouTube and the pod. This is an attractive audience with higher than average wealth, income and education. OTF ad revenue is probably multiples of the usage revenue (views/listens).

All, in I wouldn’t be surprised if OTF generates $200K+ in all-in revenue per year (and growing… it’s early stages). And with only a couple full time employees.

I think Bobby can make a living out of OTF for sure.

Yup, like I said. YT is super lucrative. getting to 50k subs basically is enough to live off of a year. anything 100k and above and you're making quality money. If they're lucky enough to get a million subs then they're beyond well off.

Nahlin's stupidity is truly staggering... The Longhorns are a game away from playing for a national title with a level of hype and media attention the team hasn't enjoyed in ~15 years... His business was getting ready to boom, but he sabotages his relationships with Bobby / Gerry instead (the only 2x personalities people subscribe to listen to)...  

Hope that Bobby / Gerry build an empire and IT becomes a ghost town.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

I can’t remember the name of the dude that was on the “On Texas Football” pod when Bobby or Gerry didn’t host. (He was an ex-sportswriter/broadcaster) but he was an absolute beating. Just sucked and seemingly knew zero about the Longhorns. 

13 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

Ray Peters. I would never watch the Wednesday night show with him, Wells and Babers.

I thought BrazilHorn was talking about either Tommy Yarrish or Trey Elling. 1 or the other would fill in for Bobby during the 2022 season.

But I agree with you about Ray Peters. I watched part of the 1st livestream with with Ray Peters & never watched the Wednesday night IT livestream after that. 

• Fuck You 2

14 hours ago, Levi said:

I remember in Sarks first year Paul had a weird obsession with the S&C program and he hasn’t mentioned it much since. He still is a better read post game than Boyd by a wide margin tho. I bet the subs that do stay on IT are doing so because of his insight/interaction. 

During the 2022 offseason, Nahlin reported that the S&C staff consulted outside help (from a UT alum/legend that has an Olympic & S&C background) to fix the S&C issues from Sark's 1st year. I guess the changes made worked becuz nobody has complained about S&C since than.

Edited by TheMailBox357
  • Fuck You 3

5 hours ago, TheMailBox357 said:

I thought BrazilHorn was talking about either Tommy Yarrish or Trey Elling. 1 or the other would fill in for Bobby during the 2022 season.

But I agree with you about Ray Peters. I watched part of the 1st livestream with with Ray Peters & never watched the Wednesday night IT livestream after that. 

When I was in HS Ray was the sports guy on Channel 25 here in Waco and he would do the Friday night HS football show.  He was really good.  

I don't think he's done much TV or radio since but this isn't the best setting for him 

• Like 1

This OTF/IT thing is interesting.  Maybe it's just me, but I noticed Bobby and Gerry having some issues over the last two weeks during their shows.  There was this weird dynamic where Gerry would interrupt Bobby or vise versa.  It even appeared that Bobby would steal things that he knew Gerry was going to say, based on pre-show conversations.  The last time Eric was on with Bobby, and he's been on less and less (thankfully), you could cut the tension with a knife.  I'm not so sure Gerry will be back, but maybe he and Bobby are still cool and this was just tension from the situation spilling over into the show.  

IMO, their morning podcast along with 1-3 additional others every day was too much, and I quit listening awhile ago because it was too much to keep up with

I consume a ton of podcasts while driving, working, doing chores, etc and 2-3 days a week is a good diet for most pods. Bobby's is essentially a morning radio show, and it dilutes the content 

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

IMO, their morning podcast along with 1-3 additional others every day was too much, and I quit listening awhile ago because it was too much to keep up with

I consume a ton of podcasts while driving, working, doing chores, etc and 2-3 days a week is a good diet for most pods. Bobby's is essentially a morning radio show, and it dilutes the content 

very interesting to see if things change with a content schedule for him now that he's on his own vs IT.

with so many other Texas-based YT videos/pods out there there is a place for someone to go the other way and do fewer per week with higher quality. idk if that's what he is going to do or not but someone should

20 minutes ago, Fud said:

5 minutes ago, NoName said:

very interesting to see if things change with a content schedule for him now that he's on his own vs IT.

with so many other Texas-based YT videos/pods out there there is a place for someone to go the other way and do fewer per week with higher quality. idk if that's what he is going to do or not but someone should

Maybe they won't be doing 3 a day since it's all Bobby now but they did 2 Friday, 2 Saturday, 2 Sunday and 1 so far this morning. 

Don't seem to be slowing down too much yet

18 minutes ago, Fud said:

I don’t mind the morning show being a bit longer. They have a lot of chats they get through, the latest stuff, it’s a good general breakdown. 

everything else during the day is a bit shorter like 30 mins or so. 

the nightly shows are a little longer to cash in on the chats and larger live viewer pool. 

I can understand IT being a little disgruntled bc OTF was growing and honestly the videos covered 90% of the IT shit for free. Missing on Gerry Hamilton will hurt Bobby so I hope he is able to get him back on at some point. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Texasborn91 said:

I don’t mind the morning show being a bit longer. They have a lot of chats they get through, the latest stuff, it’s a good general breakdown. 

everything else during the day is a bit shorter like 30 mins or so. 

the nightly shows are a little longer to cash in on the chats and larger live viewer pool. 

I can understand IT being a little disgruntled bc OTF was growing and honestly the videos covered 90% of the IT shit for free. Missing on Gerry Hamilton will hurt Bobby so I hope he is able to get him back on at some point. 

Imo, all of that content can be covered by Bobby more efficiently in about a quarter of the time he's on air/video

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'll be cancelling by IT sub today, as soon as I figure how to navigate all the ways to make it impossible. I might just call my credit card company and tell them to block the charge.

with them being part of on3 now, can you cancel through the on3 settings? link below

https://on3.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402366768155-Cancel-Subscription

To cancel your subscription:

• Tap your profile icon (upper right corner) or visit https://www.on3.com/my/settings/
  • On your settings page, select the second tab titled "Subscriptions."
  • To the right of the screen, click the Manage button
  • Select "Disable auto renew" from that menu

did IT move to whatever hosting service on3 uses for their message boards? if so that is going to make it significantly more difficult to transition away from the service.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

with them being part of on3 now, can you cancel through the on3 settings? link below

https://on3.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402366768155-Cancel-Subscription

did IT move to whatever hosting service on3 uses for their message boards? if so that is going to make it significantly more difficult to transition away from the service.

You're going to be shocked to hear this, but their on3 settings aren't working effectively for me. For example, it says I have zero payment methods on file, zero active subs despite being charged regularly, and there's no "Manage My Subs" button on my account section. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You're going to be shocked to hear this, but their on3 settings aren't working effectively for me. For example, it says I have zero payment methods on file, zero active subs despite being charged regularly, and there's no "Manage My Subs" button on my account section. 

I cancelled because for some reason I could not read half the premium posts even though I was paying.  That website is a shit show from a tech standpoint.  Nahlin is worthless.  Wells is worthless.  Boyd is worthless.  I cannot imagine paying them a penny now that Gerry and Bobby are gone.  What a joke.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

of course it isn't.

guessing a lot got fucked in the transition over to on3. i can't login even with my old login (pre on3) which is fine but was going to poke around in settings to try and make it easier for everyone to unsubscribe.

if the only option is a chargeback, then guessing they get more than a few of those.

10 hours ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

What’s the old 247 guy that got hired at Vandy? Obvious his expertise is not really shining through there! Would be an interesting post mortem after the coach inevitably gets fired,to get his thoughts on player evaluation on the team side and why it didn’t work and Vandy at all.

Barton Simmons

image.thumb.png.adb78ce935618c821173f48ed1f215e1.png

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Just call your credit card company. It’s better than having to go through On3. 

38 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I had a credit card number change and I simply never updated my payment method. Otherwise, it’s impossible to cancel without calling. Maybe that is the business model?