Top 5 candy rankings

Pancho

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Every Christmas, Valentine's, and Easter I look forward to the Butterfinger bells, hearts, and eggs. This year, I checked everywhere, including online, and they were nowhere to be found.

In what can only be described as a national tragedy and crime against humanity, Butterfinger has discontinued all of them:

Instead, they just put the "minis" in different-colored packaging. Disgusting.

image.png.64416a5476b6d0f72e347065d2db806e.png 

• Rage+1 1

Didn’t butterfinger change hands recently? Like from Nestle to that…. Ferraro pan or whatever company. I don’t eat candy bars frequently but remembered noticing that in the Halloween Candy.

speaking of that candy company - my number one

AC863F90-B31C-4420-9C96-034CC4F09EDF.thumb.jpeg.3719f9a8974e3e21678683e2550663b5.jpeg

Atomic firebombs, that’s probably a years worth. Keeps me awake during drives or meetings. Spicy, long lasting, stick a handful in my backpack for a plane ride. My jam. Those little gin gin homies are great too.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I love those fireballs. I haven’t seen them in years. I wasn’t sure they were even still around. Can’t say I’ve looked for them, but I buy the occasional chocolate bar and I see the seasonal candy displays on the shelves. It’s probably been over 20 years since I had one. 

You'll see them (and jaw breakers, which are now called something slightly different) sometimes in the bulk section of your grocery store or at a candy shop. I buy the 5lb bag from Amazon. Like I said - for me I never eat something like nerds, smarties, etc where it's just ingesting candy. If I'm in europe for some reason I'll go hard on the haribo. But I like a hard candy that will keep me low level occupied for a minute and maybe gives me a bit of a pick me up. I had forgotten about atomic fireballs too, but wound up going down an old person candy path (lemon drops, root beer barrels, cinnamon drops) and then found some jawbreakers and then remembered about fireballs. They are still spicy AF.

I mentioned Gin Gins - any variant of these ginger candies (Gin Gins, Gem Gems, Chimes, Reed's Ginger Chews) are great

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSWDvXgVFdw2kzaMwA63Zj

6387670095_6d6c437cce.jpg

don't chew them though unless you like getting that shit stuck all up in your teeth. I feel like these are good as an appetite suppressant too - one of them lasts a while and they're probably not crazy calorically on a small scale.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 10:02 AM, Celery Man said:

Atomic firebombs, that’s probably a years worth. Keeps me awake during drives or meetings. Spicy, long lasting, stick a handful in my backpack for a plane ride. My jam.

On 4/7/2023 at 9:01 PM, WhatTheBuck said:

I love those fireballs. I haven’t seen them in years. I wasn’t sure they were even still around. Can’t say I’ve looked for them, but I buy the occasional chocolate bar and I see the seasonal candy displays on the shelves. It’s probably been over 20 years since I had one. 

I love these... when I was coaching football, I would pop one in my mouth at the start of each game. By the end of the season (and playoffs), I'd managed to develop an ulcer on the inside of my cheek.

On 4/7/2023 at 1:02 PM, Celery Man said:

Didn’t butterfinger change hands recently? Like from Nestle to that…. Ferraro pan or whatever company. I don’t eat candy bars frequently but remembered noticing that in the Halloween Candy.

speaking of that candy company - my number one

AC863F90-B31C-4420-9C96-034CC4F09EDF.thumb.jpeg.3719f9a8974e3e21678683e2550663b5.jpeg

Atomic firebombs, that’s probably a years worth. Keeps me awake during drives or meetings. Spicy, long lasting, stick a handful in my backpack for a plane ride. My jam. Those little gin gin homies are great too.

Yup. Don't worry, I contacted Ferrero and Butterfinger to express my displeasure. (They did it to "keep our products interesting and create innovative flavors.") That's why the only seasonal Butterfinger products available are Butterfinger minis with colorful packaging...

2 hours ago, Underdog said:

Went to Wal-Mart (gasp!) earlier today and was surprised they had a good amount of Reeses pb eggs still in stock, needless to say I snagged a couple of packs for the freezer. 

Yeah, got a nice stash of the eggs for 50% off today.

I completely separate chocolate/peanut butter treats from “candy” in my mind, if am jonesing for M&Ms I don’t even look at gummy bears and vice versa. 

@Helobious is close with his rankings, its pretzel, peanut butter, almond, peanut, plain M&M in the rankings. Reese’s pieces and Reese’s eggs belong with the peanut butter M&Ms, hard to rank those all properly. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The peanut m&m is the undisputed champion of the world. All other flavors are posers or never weres. Just another brand extension that if they convince everyone to buy a bag to try they score a huge win. Like weird lays flavors.

Just ate a handful. Can confirm. Best variety of M&M

On 4/11/2023 at 8:38 PM, GoPokes83 said:

I’m a Hot Tamale’s man. Bummed when I saw on the news last week that the dye used in them and colored (non yellow) Peeps causes cancer. I mean what doesn’t? But being called out by name means I’ll be looking for an alternative.

what about the 711 knockoff?  still cancer?

• 3 months later...
I'm a simpleton.

Hershey Bar with Almonds
Twix
Hershey Bar Special Dark Chocolate
Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
Hershey's Krackle

Honorable Mention: Kit Kat
Hershey's with almonds is acceptable and their special dark is pretty good. The regular is almost inedible after having good chocolate though.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1