Man turns in his girlfriends for murder. They're sisters.

ajax

tl;dr - man is fucking two sisters. He secretly records them confessing to killing their father, and he alerts the cops.

I have so many questions, almost none of them having to do with the murder. The dude probably thought it was only a matter of time before they got around to murdering him.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sisters-charged-murdering-their-father-after-one-confesses-their-shared-n980011

Two sisters in Florida almost got away with the "perfect murder" of their elderly father until one of them confessed to the man they were both romantically involved with, authorities said.

Linda Roberts and Mary-Beth Tomaselli were arrested Tuesday and charged with first-degree murder, four years after their father, Anthony Tomaselli, 85, died in their Palm Harbor home.

Detectives began investigating Anthony Tomaselli's death as a homicide last month after a man dating both sisters called the sheriff's department and said Roberts, 62, had confessed to him that she and Mary-Beth Tomaselli, 63, "euthanized" their father because he was ill and would not go into an assisted living facility.

Deputies were called to the home March 6, 2015, for a report of a man not breathing and were told by Roberts and Mary-Beth Tomaselli that they awoke to find their father lying on a couch not breathing, Pinellas County Sheriff Bob Gualtieri said during a news conference Tuesday.

The sisters told deputies they performed CPR and called 911. Anthony, who had cancer, dementia and heart problems, was pronounced dead at the house, and it was initially determined that he died from natural causes, Gualtieri said.

“There were no signs of foul play, no signs of criminal activity," he said. "Nothing to indicate anything other than Anthony’s death was of natural causes given his advanced age and medical condition.”

The boyfriend secretly recorded both women, who allegedly detailed how on the night of March 5, 2015, they gave their father a concoction of alcohol and sleeping pills to try and kill him, officials said.

Gualtieri said that Mary-Beth Tomaselli added too much alcohol to the mixture and diluted the sleeping pills, so it did not work. The sisters then allegedly tried suffocating their father with a pillow, and when that did not kill him, Roberts stuffed a rag down his throat while her sister held his nose and arms until he died.

Roberts, who is married, also gave her adult daughter, who was in the home at the time of the alleged murder, sleeping pills so she would not wake up and catch them in the act, Gualtieri said. In another recording taken by the boyfriend last week, Roberts confessed to also wanting to kill her husband, according to authorities.

After their father's death, the sisters and their brother sold their father's house and split a $120,000 profit. The brother was not involved in the murder, authorities said.

"In some respects, as we sometimes call these things, it’s the perfect murder because there was absolutely no sign of struggle, no sign of foul play," Gualtieri said. “It’s terrible they put that much thought and effort into killing their dad."

Roberts and Mary-Beth Tomaselli are being held at the Pinellas County Jail.

Gualtieri said that Mary-Beth Tomaselli added too much alcohol to the mixture and diluted the sleeping pills, so it did not work. The sisters then allegedly tried suffocating their father with a pillow, and when that did not kill him, Roberts stuffed a rag down his throat while her sister held his nose and arms until he died.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Murdered in a Palm Harbor home.

By two daughters that we're fucking the same guy.

That ratted themselves out.

This could not have happened anywhere else.

Even Ohio is like WTF.

Reeeeally now. NTTAWWT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh do us a favor.

I can’t, it’s against regulation.

9 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

More home for your money. 

But, guy was 85 with cancer and dementia AND heart problems.  Is first degree murder really the most appropriate charge here?  They put him out of his misery. 

Yeah, stuffing a rag down dear old dad’s throat and pinning down his arms so he can’t resist just screams mercy killing.

4 hours ago, formermav43 said:

Yeah, stuffing a rag down dear old dad’s throat and pinning down his arms so he can’t resist just screams mercy killing.

I'd prefer having my brains blown out, but they didn't have that option. There's a tacit agreement to kill terminal patients near the end with morphine. That wasn't available, either.

Sounds like they didn't want him to suffer. Their best idea didn't work so they had to go Plan B.

It's a gray area as far as I'm concerned. I would happily sign a document permitting euthansia should I slip into dementia. It will be easy to surprise me in my sleep. Do it, and make it quick.

25 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

drugging your adult daughter as well.  reminder me to never drink anything at the Tomeselli house.

The married one's husband after hearing about this:

giphy.gif

Yep. He was next on the kill list.

I want to know the age of the boyfriend. Was he some older guy who snagged 2 60 year old sisters? And did they do threesomes. And other questions. 

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'd prefer having my brains blown out, but they didn't have that option. There's a tacit agreement to kill terminal patients near the end with morphine. That wasn't available, either.

Sounds like they didn't want him to suffer. Their best idea didn't work so they had to go Plan B.

It's a gray area as far as I'm concerned. I would happily sign a document permitting euthansia should I slip into dementia. It will be easy to surprise me in my sleep. Do it, and make it quick.

That’s all well and good for you. But it ignores the part in this case where 1) dad refused to go to an assisted living facility and 2) the married one wanted to kill her husband too.

This wasn’t about him not suffering. This was about them being inconvenienced. It’s murder, not euthanasia.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, formermav43 said:

That’s all well and good for you. But it ignores the part in this case where 1) dad refused to go to an assisted living facility and 2) the married one wanted to kill her husband too.

This wasn’t about him not suffering. This was about them being inconvenienced. It’s murder, not euthanasia.

Maybe her husband was on his way out, too. Frankly, I don't give much of a shit about this local murder story.

6 hours ago, formermav43 said:

People with dementia often don’t want to do things like leave their house for assisted living. 

20 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

For some reason it bothers me when people over 30 use the term girl or boy friend.  Especially these old people.  They aren't boys or girls.  They are old ass people.  

• Like 1