2019 MLB thread

spystud13

26 minutes ago, spystud13 said:

7 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 10 K with a broke-ass nose. 

My guess is he finishes the season in the Bronx. He is just incredibly tough mentally and is still a bad ass on the mound. I figured he would pitch, but I don't think anyone who follows him even in the slightest bit thought he would miss this start though...lol. 

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27016429/sources-rays-explore-playing-montreal

The Tampa Bay Rays received permission from Major League Baseball's executive council to explore a plan in which they would play early-season home games in the Tampa Bay area and the remainder of the year in Montreal, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.

imgur

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/27016429/sources-rays-explore-playing-montreal
The Tampa Bay Rays received permission from Major League Baseball's executive council to explore a plan in which they would play early-season home games in the Tampa Bay area and the remainder of the year in Montreal, sources familiar with the situation told ESPN.
imgur>

The what now?

8 minutes ago, thestud said:

Fuck the Cardinals.

Doesn’t Albert have a kid with DS? Pretty sure I saw an interview with him about doing some extensive work with a DS foundation or something. He seems to be a good human being.

Fuck saint louis.

Fuck the Cardinals indeed.

As for Albert:

Marquise Goodwin-level human being. Can't have any ring but live for him, Cardinal and all. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, thestud said:

Fuck the Cardinals.

Doesn’t Albert have a kid with DS? Pretty sure I saw an interview with him about doing some extensive work with a DS foundation or something. He seems to be a good human being.

Fuck saint louis.

Are you aware that Pujols plays for the Angels and has since 2012?

man. i must have watched that 60 Minutes piece on Pujols 5 or 6 times and it still gets me every time. 

•All-time great player

•Adopts and raises a DS child when he's 18

•Extremely active in the DS community including/especially the Pujols Family Foundation prom

•Is on the ground in shantytowns in Hispaniola providing beds, clothing, food, medical aid, etc

•quietly donates his personal time and memorabilia to sick kids

seriously. they don't make people like this guy very often. if you've never watched that 60 Minutes clip stop what you're doing and go spend 11 minutes falling in love with Albert Pujols. /"11 Minutes Falling In Love With Albert Pujols"- the name of Santiago's sex tape 

30 minutes ago, WBT said:

Wow, game just ended in St Louis with the tying run picked off of 2nd.  That was immediately after the non-tying run was almost thrown out at the plate on an idiotic send by the 3rd base coach.

You forgot to mention it was a pitcher pinch-running because Yadi is slower than Mo Vaughn's grandma.  Christ...

Edited by Beau Vine

3 hours ago, Goo Punch said:

Frankie Montas out 80 games for PED use.

Fangraphs did this on him two days ago: https://blogs.fangraphs.com/the-marvelous-mr-montas/

Conclusion:

Frankie Montas is largely looking like the latest example of why you should always let a player prove you wrong. When we talk about teams bringing in Kyle Kendrickor Homer Bailey and calling it expensive, it’s not just a money thing, but an opportunity cost issue. Would a richer team than the Oakland A’s, coming off a 97-win season, be as willing to give Montas an extended stint in the rotation? Whether it’s luck or skill, the Oakland A’s have likely unearthed a hidden gem in Montas.

Edited by Beau Vine

37 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Something called Matt Beaty walks it off for LA

Another day, a different player.  The depth is what makes me think maybe this is the team to bring it home.  We need bully help though.

Edited by Sbbruin

3 hours ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Yelich has 29 HRs already.

I thought the main reason Major League Baseball cared so much about the steroid era was because they cared about the validity of the home run numbers and how nobody could respect those numbers. In a lot of ways, isn’t the “juiced ball era” going to get the same response? If you’re a retired player, you have to feel like you’re watching a different game all together, and a big part of that is the new baseball. I know guys are trying to hit more home runs now, but we’re going to have some ridiculous end of season HR numbers. Maybe I’m way off base (wouldn’t be the first time), but I wonder if they were actually expecting the HR numbers to take off as much as they have. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup
  • Like 2

It’s getting harder and harder to watch for me personally.
I still love it but there was a section in the Astros/Yankees game last night that went 38 pitches between a ball in play (and that 38th pitch was a foul pop out to first base).
Box score read like this during that stretch:
Top 2: BB, BB, K, K, K.
Bottom 2: K, K
It was a total of 20 minutes real time counting commercial breaks.
For 20 minutes you needed four people to run a baseball game (pitcher, catcher, batter and HP ump) and I’m sure this example is not unusual in the least.

• Like 1

I think the juiced baseball is causing the swing changes (and therefore more HRs and more strikeouts) and not the other way around.  Dejuice the ball and turn a bunch of these HRs into warning track fly outs and guys will start valuing contact more again.

• Like 1