2019 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

Just now, henrygandorf said:

when we were down 7-3, i texted at least 2 people saying if we won this game we would win the world series.

we will win the world series.

This is like that game against the Twins in 2017. 

"We're gonna win this one, and the next, and the one after that!"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Yep.  They can get some mileage out of this one.  

if this isn't the good version of that garbage ruiz walkoff in baltimore, then nothing fucking is.

for all the bitching about "we don't score any runs for verlander (or whomever)", it's also nice to know you could give up 5 without recording an out and the offense will not only bail you out, but end up winning the fucking game.

no correa.  no springer.  no problem.

8 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

when we were down 7-3, i texted at least 2 people saying if we won this game we would win the world series.

we will win the world series.

I was getting nervous because my new Astros trucker hats were in a huge hole for their first game. Great work all around. 

First of all thanks to hank for the hats. You've brought much entertainment and insight the past 15 years. I grew up outside nyc and much like ou in well ever it sucks to have a top rival in the same league. It's not my fault bud seligs an asshole. I will be at mmp in the ALCS with a yankees hat on but got damn is this team not so much fun to watch. Either way, fuck the daah jers/ vin

Games like that can do a lot for a team's psyche, regardless of which players made key contributions. Tucker's single to tie it back up was epic. On top of his homer, that's exactly the sort of game that can get a kid going. Doesn't change who he is, but could well change how he performs these next few weeks...and beyond.

3 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Lilsheps buddy has been money for the A's this year. He carried the pitching for month plus in 2017 7884d695f1e82b37542546b40b506081.jpg3b23d99ae341f7a76ac6284d8b20ba6b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Fiers doesn’t get enough love from Astros fans.  He’s no CFM, but he kept things afloat when the rotation was taking on a LOT of water with injuries.  He earned that WS ring as much as anyone on the 2017 roster.   

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Someone needs to tell Carlos and Daniella that their post career depends heavily on a successful playing career 

They can circus fuck all they want to from November through the end of February. The rib crunching back twisting succubus needs to calm down to regular sex during the rest of the year if she wants to prolong the major money years. JMO, 😁