The Dead Don't Die -- Zombies, Murray, Driver, Swinton, Buscemi, Glover

Beau Vine

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, bamachine said:

Is Tilda living or dead?

In real life, or her character? Her skin tone makes it difficult to discern at times.

I hadn’t heard of this film, and missed this thread in April, so my first knowledge of it was in the Paris metro earlier this month, posters are slapped up everywhere. I’m guessing Jarmusch plays well there. They kept the name the same, while the Seth Rogen-Charlize Theron romcom was given some even dumber French title. But marketing for both was $$$$$.

• 4 weeks later...

Just saw it. This movie was a good time and while it may have missed the mark on a few things, I really enjoyed it. It doesn't take itself too seriously and while there are some pretty gruesome scenes, there's enough comedy going on to keep it from being too intense. Interested to see what you guys think. 

I got a very Twin Peaks/Donnie Darko/Stranger Things vibe from it (plus zombies).

• 1 year later...

Saw it at an early release in New York (Chelsea area) with a crowd obviously amped up to see a Jarmusch flick.  I had been overserved prior and was kinda caught up with the pouty/chucklehouse hipster vibe of the other audience members (I was traveling solo).  And as such, I enjoyed it.  Watched it on HBO with the wife recently, sober.  It fucking dragged and the fucking lighting of most of the film was a fucking beating.  I know it was part of the plot, but you've got a great cast...find a plot device to fucking light their faces since they're all great facial expression actors.  

Soundtrack is holding up really well though.  

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

That’s a shitload of movies.

it was a whole thing, a resolution that got out of control with being laid off and pandemic times. Out of all those, it was the one I was most disappointed in. If there was any substance to the artiness of it, I didn't find it.

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

it was a whole thing, a resolution that got out of control with being laid off and pandemic times. Out of all those, it was the one I was most disappointed in. If there was any substance to the artiness of it, I didn't find it.

I’d be curious to hear what your top ten were.