Israel

SmokeyBear1861

2 hours ago, Nivek said:

It isn't hysterical to serious people when real individuals are dying.  This (appeal) might by how you try to win the narrative back, but you have clearly lost and you are quite prone to insults, strawman and other fallacious thinking especially when challenged by someone who clearly likes to do even a modicum of homework on the subject.   

What are you even talking about?

On 11/4/2023 at 8:50 PM, Captain Obvious said:

Out of line?  Yes.  But at the same time it looks pretty shitty of Biden to largely sit back while borderline genocide is happening.  Maybe he's using stronger language behind the scenes, but publicly it sure looks like he's just going through the motions of asking for Israel to pull back a bit.  Like a parent asking a fussy toddler to behave once, and when they say no, throwing up their hands and saying "I tried, what more do you want me to do?"

1. Israel has the right to defend itself.

2. Israel has asked for the return of the hostages.  No stopping the invasion until that happens.

3. Blinken said that Hamas has promised another attack as soon as they can.

So, no, Biden isn't telling Bibi what to do, nor should he.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/5/2023 at 2:09 PM, UpperWestside said:

Well yeah it’s all of them. Descended from the same people arguing over land that ceased to be beautiful forest land centuries upon centuries ago. The European continent owns the record for most bloodshed in recorded history with war after pointless war, but these folks own the record for longest held grudges that lead to wars and battles that never will have an end point. No one wants to be the bigger person and talk peace. The human ego is one heckuva drug.

if we're talking just wars in a geographic area i'm pretty sure china's death toll is bigger than europe's.  every dynastic transition had 25,000,000 deaths.

spanish are probably pound for pound champs

Edited by elfenix
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, elfenix said:

if we're talking just wars in a geographic area i'm pretty sure china's death toll is bigger than europe's.  every dynastic transition had 25,000,000 deaths.

spanish are probably pound for pound champs

Yeah, probably, with Belgium a good running based just evilness. And their French fries suck. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 11/4/2023 at 10:49 PM, freyguy said:

You mean like when the previous shithead-in-chief gassed protesters so he could have a photo op of him holding a Bible upside down?

It wasn’t upside down. That misconception needs to die. I know it never will.

But yeah, Biden using security forces to violently disperse the crowd would draw the obvious comparisons. 

On 11/5/2023 at 9:20 AM, TexArcher said:

Disclaimer: I've been pretty clearly anti-Israeli leadership and anti-radical Islam.  I don't see a good guy in this thing; I see two bad guys, and I think the most anyone could reasonably argue is that it's a bad guy and a worse guy, and take your pick which is which.  So, I'm definitely not taking sides here.

Now, to those arguing that Israel should show restraint.  What are they supposed to do when 1,400 of their civilians have been murdered?  We're talking about grandmothers raped, teenagers blown to pieces while cowering in a bomb shelter, babies with their heads cut off.  Medieval cruelty in the 21st Century.  How do you demand restraint in response to that?  And, do you understand that Israel has airblast MOABs that could have flattened all of Gaza in that first weekend?  It can be argued that they have shown restraint.

And, to those saying Biden should be doing more to get Israel to calm down.  Have y'all forgotten 9/11?  Nobody could tell us shit.  We went and killed 600,000 civilians in a country that didn't even have anything to do with 9/11.  I mean, at least Israelis are operating in the right place.  How are we, of all nations, in a position to tell Israel to show restraint?  And, even if we do, does that blatant and overwhelming hypocrisy actually help with the rising anti-American sentiment in that region?

It's just a clusterfuck, guys.  We all want it to stop, and it's not going to.  It's going to get worse.  Hamas are a bunch of pieces of shit who threw the mother of all sucker punches.  The Israeli right wing are a bunch of pieces of shit who don't believe in an eye for eye, because they don't even see Palestinians as human beings, so they are going to kill 20+ for every dead Israeli, as they always do.  And, Hamas are hiding in hospitals and schools with civilians, to force the Israelis to kill an unspeakable amount of civilians.  This is the perfect storm for a war.  And we are powerless to do anything about it.  

This right here.

It really hurts to see former heroes of mine like Eric Clapton and Roger Waters go down these conspiracy-addled rabbit holes.

Israel:  Hamas murdered a bunch of innocent civilians. Look, here's the video.

Hamas: We murdered a bunch of innocent civilians. Look, here's the video.

Roger Waters: Who's to say what really happened?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

2 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Who gives a fuck what this dude thinks. 

I do, because it is indicative of the rabbit holes I've seen quite a few intelligent people disappear down over the last 20 years or so. 

I've got a friend who's convinced he has little threads growing out of his body. 20 years ago he would have had no idea that such a thing as Morgellon's disease was even a thing that some people believe is real. But now, having done his own research on the internet, he's convinced it's happening. This dude has a master's degree in civil engineering from UT.  

• Hook 'Em 2

Wow ... the LA Times has a pretty good article about what I was just speaking of --- rock star conspiracy assholes.

Spoiler

Over two nights in late September, Eric Clapton used his music-industry connections and his decades of classic-rock hits to draw thousands of fans to Crypto.com Arena in downtown Los Angeles.

The occasion was the Crossroads Guitar Festival: a once-every-few-years event for which the English singer and guitarist convenes an all-star cast of players — this one included Stevie Wonder, John Mayer, Sheryl Crow, H.E.R. and ZZ Top, among dozens of others — to raise money for the Crossroads drug treatment center Clapton founded a quarter-century ago on the Caribbean island of Antigua.

For lovers of 1960s rock, the show’s high point may have been back-to-back appearances by Roger McGuinn, with whom Clapton performed the Byrds’ “Eight Miles High,” and Stephen Stills, who joined Clapton for a rendition of Buffalo Springfield’s “Bluebird” — a trio of Rock & Roll Hall of Famers reviving a couple of the tunes that helped define the baby boomer generation.

On Friday night, the Rock Hall, which Wenner helped start in the mid-1980s, will induct its latest class of members, including Willie Nelson, Kate Bush and Missy Elliott, in a ceremony at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center. Yet Wenner is unlikely to be there: One day after the New York Times published its interview with the media mogul — in which he wondered, “What didn’t the rock ’n’ roll generation do?” — the board of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation ousted Wenner in a vote that reportedly took just 20 minutes to complete. Wenner promptly apologized for his “comments that diminished the contributions, genius and impact of Black and women artists.” But Rolling Stone, which his son Gus now oversees, more or less disassociated itself from the founder and went on to publish a series of hand-wringing mea culpas in which editors laid out the magazine’s evolution since Wenner’s days.

Each of these examples differs in its particulars — and stands in stark contrast to the likes of Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, neither of whom has put their music back on Spotify after pulling it last year to protest the platform’s star podcaster, Joe Rogan, spreading vaccine misinformation. But together they raise the question of whether members of a generation that “made striking changes socially and morally and artistically,” as Wenner proudly described the boomers even as he undercut their legacy, have betrayed the implicit promise of the ’60s counterculture. And if they have, should we be surprised?

“Look, many people get more conservative as they get older,” said Douglas Brinkley, the prolific author and Rice University history professor. “And millions have fallen prey to conspiracy theories and misinformation. Just because you wrote ‘Astral Weeks,’” he added of Morrison’s classic 1968 LP, “that doesn’t mean you’re immune from bad science.”

Indeed, though Clapton has been inspiring outrage since at least 1976, when he went on a notorious anti-immigrant tirade onstage in Birmingham, England, the pandemic appears to have been a radicalizing event for him and for Morrison. The latter has framed his response to COVID and various corresponding public health measures as a matter of personal liberty — of freedoms trampled on by “Imperial College scientists making up crooked facts,” as he sang in 2020’s oddly jaunty “No More Lockdown.”

“We think of rock ’n’ roll stars as traveling around the world in a caravan, and here somebody was telling them they have to put a brake on what they do,” Brinkley said — one way to describe the lucrative touring business that legacy acts have wholeheartedly embraced as ticket prices soar and their own record sales decline. “A kind of selfishness ensues.”

Clapton, meanwhile, has focused on vaccines and what he views as their dangerous side effects, which he says he experienced firsthand after receiving two AstraZeneca shots. In 2021, he was photographed backstage at a concert in Austin with Texas’ strongly conservative governor, Greg Abbott, who’s signed legislation prohibiting vaccine mandates and who passed one of the country’s most restrictive abortion laws. (Clapton’s business manager told the Washington Post that the photo with Abbott “should not be interpreted as him supporting a ban on abortion,” as the Post put it.)

However shaped the guitarist’s stance was by his personal medical history, it’s not hard to detect a political dimension to Clapton’s thinking.

“The backlash to COVID presented an anti-establishment sensibility among people who weren’t politically right, who weren’t Donald Trump supporters, but who were able to use that to tap into the same sentiment that Trump always got to,” said Philip Bump, author of “The Aftermath: The Last Days of the Baby Boom and the Future of Power in America.” Added Bump: “You weren’t aligning with Trump, necessarily, but you were able to express this frustration you had about the changing world around you and the ways in which you feel imposed upon.”

That perceived imposition is the thing that seems to unite these men, whose birth years, it’s worth noting, put them in the same generational category as Trump, even if the former president never had a countercultural impulse to speak of. After all, COVID was just one front of a larger generational war that’s pitted boomers against millennials and Gen Z — remember “OK boomer?” — on issues of gender identity, climate change and financial inequality. As Bump pointed out, the economic and technological gains of the postwar era combined to “give boomers a sense that everything was oriented around them” — a sense of blinkered self-importance only bolstered by global rock stardom for those who achieved it (or, in Wenner’s case, something adjacent to it).

“What they feel is that they’ve earned the right to speak their mind,” Brinkley said, “and that they’re not beholden to these shifting cultural norms.”

Are they, though? One seasoned music-industry insider who spoke on condition of anonymity said that if 2016’s boomer-centric Desert Trip festival were held today, they doubted that Waters — an unapologetic critic of Israel known for wearing Nazi-style costumes that he says are “quite clearly a statement in opposition to fascism, injustice, and bigotry in all its forms” — would be booked as he was seven years ago.

Yet fans at the Crossroads festival and at a Morrison gig at the Greek Theatre in September — a self-selected sample, of course — seemed largely untroubled by the musicians’ more controversial pronouncements.

Jack Freimann, who’s 62 and said he’s seen Morrison at least a dozen times since the ’80s, was sympathetic to the singer’s complaint that COVID lockdowns were keeping him from doing his job. “He’s always been a working-class guy, so I think his take wasn’t so much from an ideological standpoint,” Freimann said. “Little more practical.”

Aubrey Williams, 37, had traveled to L.A. for Crossroads with her husband, Matt, from their home in Charleston, S.C., and said she found it easy to separate the art from the artist. “They’re not shaping policy,” she said of Clapton and the rest. “At the end of the day, it’s music, and that’s what matters.”

A former major-label president offered a variation on that view, saying that these graying icons haven’t seen substantial damage to their touring businesses because few still regard them as anything like the thought leaders they once were.

“These days they’re just peddling nostalgia,” this person said, “along with the crazy stuff.”

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

55 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

It really hurts to see former heroes of mine like Eric Clapton and Roger Waters go down these conspiracy-addled rabbit holes.

I don't really take the same exchange away from the contents of that video.  But David Corn calling anyone out for going down conspiracy-addled rabbit holes is certainly hilarious. 

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I do, because it is indicative of the rabbit holes I've seen quite a few intelligent people disappear down over the last 20 years or so. 

I've got a friend who's convinced he has little threads growing out of his body. 20 years ago he would have had no idea that such a thing as Morgellon's disease was even a thing that some people believe is real. But now, having done his own research on the internet, he's convinced it's happening. This dude has a master's degree in civil engineering from UT.  

We all know those people. But do we listen to them? I also don't listen to most actors/actresses/models. I mean do you care what a Kardashian says? LeBron's take on China? Elon on anything? Jimbo on how to win? Well on how to fleece a University, yes. Listen to that man.

My point is we, the collective we, should give zero fucks about what celebrities say. 

One reason I like this thread is for the most part people bring sources vs. BS. And BS should be called out. 

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

My point is we, the collective we, should give zero fucks about what celebrities say. 

I KNOW you are not diminishing the joy of listening to the clever thoughts, voiced in dulcet tones, of Ms. Sela Ward.  I will indeed give a fuck about what she has to say.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

I KNOW you are not diminishing the joy of listening to the clever thoughts, voiced in dulcet tones, of Ms. Sela Ward.  I will indeed give a fuck about what she has to say.

Sir, you need to get over her. She left, onto greener pastures. And Rules Counselor. Bring her up, better post some pics. 

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Roger Waters has been an asshole for a long time. He’s been openly pumping Russian narratives about how they were provoked into attacking Ukraine for almost two years now. Ditto Glenn Greenwald, and ditto the Gray Zone cited in the video. 

Russia and Ukraine is the clearest test of a moral compass and computing power to come along in about seventy years, if you fail it then you are only capable of being accidentally right about anything. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

personal rant, feel free to skip...so i feel like the gen z person in my life is close to off-the-rails on this topic and i'm really worried she's going to end up arrested and/or expelled in the middle of her senior year of college for crossing a line in her efforts to protest. she is beyond passionate at this point 😒

her enthusiasm is right in line with her Type A/ocd/eating disorder mental issues... she grabs hold of something and gives it 1000% and just won't let go. she's also a leader so she's actually organizing some shit this weekend...i don't even want to really know details but ngl... i'm worried how it might turn out. i actually admire her passion and commitment, and i don't think she's even wrong (i share many of her sentiments)... but not if she ends up sabotaging her future. 

a sample - 'i can't sit back and lavish in my cushy american privilege and future while innocent men women and children are bombed and their history erased! that's horrifying and i can and will sacrifice so that they can have a chance. those kids deserve to grow up as much as i do!'

she and her mother haven't been speaking for a while (nothing to do with this, mostly her moms alcohol/histrionics) and her dad is a wet-brained moronic maga-type (i mean thank god she doesn't actually drink, amirite)... i'm literally the only one she talks to. luckily we are super close, and she does listen to me, i spent the morning counseling her on how her skills and resources could be put to good use in this effort in productive ways versus... whatever she's got planned. but this is a topic she's honestly probably more informed on than i am so i'm not sure what to say or how. i have to freakin google half the shit she talks about so i can at least try to discuss it... but of course some of it is just horrible and i don't know what to say. i read this and the other thread to try and stay informed of developments. but i stg if i have to fly to Texas to bail her out i'm gonna lose my shit 😳 any words of advice??

tl/dr my niece is damn near radicalized and may blow something up this weekend, what should i tell her to get her to not? lol (kidding. sort of. 😐)

• Hook 'Em 3

Have you considered offering something else to do? Getting her to you and even a productive alternative that is still supporting the cause she’s wanting to back that very same weekend? 

I don’t want to say the trite “touch grass” but getting out of the college and online environment has a way to cool people down. I’m constantly amazed at the ability this one particular conflict has to gin people up to go scream in the streets as there’s a world of people hurting that doesn’t provoke that.  It’s manufactured outrage, and it’s super effective for its target audience. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

personal rant, feel free to skip...so i feel like the gen z person in my life is close to off-the-rails on this topic and i'm really worried she's going to end up arrested and/or expelled in the middle of her senior year of college for crossing a line in her efforts to protest. she is beyond passionate at this point 😒

her enthusiasm is right in line with her Type A/ocd/eating disorder mental issues... she grabs hold of something and gives it 1000% and just won't let go. she's also a leader so she's actually organizing some shit this weekend...i don't even want to really know details but ngl... i'm worried how it might turn out. i actually admire her passion and commitment, and i don't think she's even wrong (i share many of her sentiments)... but not if she ends up sabotaging her future. 

a sample - 'i can't sit back and lavish in my cushy american privilege and future while innocent men women and children are bombed and their history erased! that's horrifying and i can and will sacrifice so that they can have a chance. those kids deserve to grow up as much as i do!'

she and her mother haven't been speaking for a while (nothing to do with this, mostly her moms alcohol/histrionics) and her dad is a wet-brained moronic maga-type (i mean thank god she doesn't actually drink, amirite)... i'm literally the only one she talks to. luckily we are super close, and she does listen to me, i spent the morning counseling her on how her skills and resources could be put to good use in this effort in productive ways versus... whatever she's got planned. but this is a topic she's honestly probably more informed on than i am so i'm not sure what to say or how. i have to freakin google half the shit she talks about so i can at least try to discuss it... but of course some of it is just horrible and i don't know what to say. i read this and the other thread to try and stay informed of developments. but i stg if i have to fly to Texas to bail her out i'm gonna lose my shit 😳 any words of advice??

tl/dr my niece is damn near radicalized and may blow something up this weekend, what should i tell her to get her to not? lol (kidding. sort of. 😐)

• Fuck You 6

On 11/7/2023 at 9:56 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

On 11/7/2023 at 10:14 AM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

On 11/7/2023 at 12:09 PM, 956 Worldwide said:

Roger Waters has been an asshole for a long time. He’s been openly pumping Russian narratives about how they were provoked into attacking Ukraine for almost two years now. Ditto Glenn Greenwald, and ditto the Gray Zone cited in the video. 

Yeah, it turns out that every accusation is a confession with Waters, especially when you go back and listen to The Wall.  He's who he has always been.  He's the school teacher, he's the overbearing mother who wants to crush her son's dreams. I have a friend who claimed that The Wall broke him, but I think it just manifested what has always been there.

Be happy that David Gilmour is not an asshole like Waters, and is also an active supporter of Ukraine (helps that his daughter-in-law is Ukrainian).

• Hook 'Em 1

🙄 ok allow me to restate...she's not literally going to blow anything up. that was a hyperbolic joke.

but i could see her getting involved in altercations with either counter-protestors or law enforcement that could end up with her hurt or in trouble. she was already pepper sprayed or gassed or whatever by APD back during the 2020 summer of covid and BLM, and she was just barely out of high school then. 

ironically she almost was committed her freshman year but that was related to the eating disorder/harm to herself. she's not actually violent...just really impassioned, highly focused, and rn she's super angry at the situation. 

i told her to write my number on her arm so she could call me if she gets in trouble. haha. 😐

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, mchookem said:

I know this is a bit long but watch it and see if having her watch it might help. It's a pretty good (IMO) synopsis on the conflict and the political aspects to it not only for Israel and Hamas but also other countries in the region and the US. 

Bremmer does a pretty good job of looking at it from different vantage points. I'd talk to her about how everyone in this world has bias and it's up to her to analyze what bias is inherent in the information she's receiving. Also how there's absolutely nothing wrong with her enjoying her life here right now, and ruining her life or ruining the lives of others isn't going to help Palestinian and Israeli civilians one bit. 

She sounds like the type of person that needs to self impose cool down periods from emotional reactions. It's important she realizes it's vital not to let yourself become a puppet strung along by disinformation aimed at attacking people's emotional vulnerabilities. Good luck. 

• Hook 'Em 5

One of however many of you guys that understands this more than I do dumb it down for me. Israel is going to call a humanitarian time out for 4 hours a day, with a 3 hour notice of when these 4 hours will start basically giving Hamas somewhere between 16 and 29% of the day to prepare or regroup. Is this basically the start of Israel signaling that there’s no real way to win this war? When you’re fighting against a non uniformed enemy that’s easily blended with the civilian population it’s hard enough without allowing them unhindered movement.

22 minutes ago, mchookem said:

well my niece wasn't in NYC, i swear!

😄

LOL.  It just took forever.  They have been doing this for two weeks.  I support their right.  I just want them to support my right to not get caught up in their protest.  I am also not a fan of them chanting, "From the River to the Sea," as I am not sure they understand the complicated back story behind that chant.  But as long as they stay peaceful, I support their right to say it.  

On 11/8/2023 at 2:04 PM, mchookem said:

Learning about US aided genocide can be troubling.

But like all of us here actually, we can't make much impact.  As there is complete bi-partisan agreement (re: the masters want it). edit: last few minutes of this one are a bit to polly-ana-ish for me.  Money and might rule all.

The lack of true power and impact we all have in this duopoly can be frustrating for sure.  

Perhaps contributing to humanitarian causes is the way to go.  I give to this one:

https://www.anera.org/

Edited by MC Fresh Breath
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Learning about US aided genocide can be troubling.

But like all of us here actually, we can't make much impact.  As there is complete bi-partisan agreement (re: the masters want it). edit: last few minutes of this one are a bit to polly-ana-ish for me.  Money and might rule all.

The lack of true power and impact we all have in this duopoly can be frustrating for sure.  

Perhaps contributing to humanitarian causes is the way to go.  I give to this one:

https://www.anera.org/

Serious question, do you realize you’re sharing pure, uncut agitprop and disinformation? It doesn’t make it better when it’s delivered by a smarmy guy in glasses using the buzzwords that get you going.  Fucking up the map of U.S. military installations this badly in the CENTCOM AOR alone is reason enough to tune out:

image.thumb.png.5bfef39c832b57c29316299bccfdc0a3.png

Here’s a hint: all those alleged installations northeast of India and up from the Persian Gulf? They don’t fucking exist except in leftist fever dreams and Russian disinformation maps.  Neither does the capability to “invade any corner of the globe in a matter of hours” although I’m sure there are people at the Pentagon who’d like to hear this guy’s pitch on how to do it. 

Speaking of Russian disinformation, what was “Breakthrough News” concerned about before October 6?

image.thumb.jpeg.1bbeac3b9c3777c40aeb2962f8a7444f.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.0917500ef43de07e2198a19bb6258c37.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.806ffcf262bcb54e823fc8c3fe5dd8c3.jpeg
Oh, carrying Russia’s water and advocating for the end of aid to Ukraine. That actually….tracks perfectly.  Totally on-brand and easy to spot within the first fucking two minutes of watching your video.   

It is not better or smarter to fall for this shit from an “anti-imperialist” perspective.

• Hook 'Em 5

But maybe “Breathrough News” are just peaceniks.  Maybe they just really believe all war is bad.  That’s a good take, right? What else are they caring about besides…….

Celebrating Wagner Group organized coups in Africa.

image.thumb.jpeg.f65742e379239f99ffd6d884d78d861f.jpeg

Calling Zelenskyy a welfare queen (note Russian spelling of his name in the screengrab)

image.thumb.jpeg.d37c4f89bd79cd85956a863437c26dcd.jpegHyping the Putin-Kim Jong Un alliance. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7287b0b874c1bd012da01550802b4698.jpegEurope needs to undo sanctions against Russia! 

“The Eritrean government is good, actually….” Is a take. It is a take. 

image.thumb.jpeg.b57cd35e73326d60253333279b162c6f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

Although, this has been an instructive insight into how information manipulation works, it’s as easy as sending out something that’s well produced and that vibes with your biases and all of a sudden you’re sharing content from an outlet stocked with Kremlin and PRC shills. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/neville-singham-funded-breakthrough-news-is-pushing-moscow-beijing-propaganda

Since it started posting to Instagram and Youtube in early 2020, nearly all BreakThrough News’ camera-facing personalities have been veterans of Kremlin-backed outfits: former Radio Sputnik host Eugene Puryear; pundit Rania Khalek of video generator ‘In the Now;’ Kei Pritsker, Abby Martin, and Brian Becker of defunct propaganda organ RT America. BreakThrough’s earliest productions lambasted America’s presidential system and persistent racial inequality, and attacked the American and Brazilian responses to the COVID-19 outbreak while praising policies in China.

But beginning in January 2022, amid the build-up to Russia’s unprovoked assault on Ukraine, the channel began sharing videos with titles like “Risking World War III with Russia: Why?” and “If NATO Goes to War, U.S. & European Soldiers Will Be Called On to Kill & Die.” More recent clips have carried such headlines as “Leaked Pentagon Docs Show US Elites Want Never-Ending Ukraine War” and “G7 Sends F-16 Jets to Ukraine: Flirting with Disaster, Direct War on Russia.”

These themes are familiar to observers of a particular fringe of the Western political spectrum, where the U.S.’s domestic and international abuses have kindled sympathy for hostile autocracies—and have even tempted a few to accept paychecks and platforms from their state media.

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Fucking up the map of U.S. military installations this badly in the CENTCOM AOR alone is reason enough to tune out:

image.thumb.png.5bfef39c832b57c29316299bccfdc0a3.png

Here’s a hint: all those alleged installations northeast of India and up from the Persian Gulf? They don’t fucking exist except in leftist fever dreams and Russian disinformation maps.  Neither does the capability to “invade any corner of the globe in a matter of hours” although I’m sure there are people at the Pentagon who’d like to hear this guy’s pitch on how to do it. 

nORtHeAsT Of inDiA aNd uP FRoM tHe GUlF! dEy dON't ExiST. 

Jesus Christ, speaking of disinformation. Or maybe just poor geography skills. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

And you’re a Kremlin troll.

Well that is of course false, but totally unexpected type of rhetoric from a state department talking head. You got a drum you beat it, even and esp when it is nonsensical. Regurgitate some more talking points for us Ned Jr. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Well that is of course false, but totally unexpected type of rhetoric from a state department talking head. You got a drum you beat it, even and esp when it is nonsensical. Regurgitate some more talking points for us Ned Jr. 

You have nothing to add to any discussion except pure edgelord bullshit and defense of Kremlin shit, every time. You’re a troll who carries their water. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

You have nothing to add to any discussion except pure edgelord bullshit and defense of Kremlin shit, every time. You’re a troll who carries their water. 

You've been part of the political discussion on these boards since what, late 2020? I am unsurprised that you feel secure in making an assessment of anything given that window. Matches up well with the short attention span expectation. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

One of however many of you guys that understands this more than I do dumb it down for me. Israel is going to call a humanitarian time out for 4 hours a day, with a 3 hour notice of when these 4 hours will start basically giving Hamas somewhere between 16 and 29% of the day to prepare or regroup. Is this basically the start of Israel signaling that there’s no real way to win this war? When you’re fighting against a non uniformed enemy that’s easily blended with the civilian population it’s hard enough without allowing them unhindered movement.

Israel's in a catch 22. Don't allow humanitarian aid to the millions of Palestinians who had no part in attacking them and they'll be seen as sadistic ghouls the world over. They also risk waning US support as Biden can't be seen as the president siding with genocide in an election year. 

I feel they may be on the cusp of making similar mistakes as the US after 9/11. Initial support at being the victim of attack flips when you spend years invading lands and killing women and children. There really isn't any good course of action, ol' Benji fucked up by falling asleep at the wheel and allowing their defenses to be defeated that easily and severely. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1