Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

5 hours ago, Oakbrook said:

I’ll just leave this here:

http://apple.news/AkPVqS7L8RI6JV7aGbv0qig

Probably standard practice in small town UIL football, but you think he would tread a bit more lightly.  At least for a year or two.

So Allen and Katy are exempt from UIL rules?

(rhetorical)

Edited by Iceman
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 9/14/2019 at 9:10 AM, Xian said:
That fucker is going to be in college football again, isn’t he?  

yep. gonna replace jimbo next year. with a 150 mil 15 year garonteeeed contract.

There's an interesting take.  And the more I think about it, the better it fits.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Hope you weren't helping the troops get their Observation badge.

Q1 Q2 Q3 Q4 Final
Canton 0 0 0 0 0
Mt. Vernon 29 7 21 0 57

Nope; however, maybe I can help you with your reading comprehension “badge.” . 

I wasn’t at the game. 

I can only rely on and relay what I was told. Perhaps I should have gone over to the stadium to verify the score, but frankly there wasn’t enough of an interest in doing that. 

• Fuck You 6

49 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

Nope; however, maybe I can help you with your reading comprehension “badge.” . 

I wasn’t at the game. 

I can only rely on and relay what I was told. Perhaps I should have gone over to the stadium to verify the score, but frankly there wasn’t enough of an interest in doing that. 

you post something that is complete bullshit and takes 5 seconds to research, but the guy that calls you out is the dumbass?  

• Like 5
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

14 hours ago, futureman said:

it won’t change anything.  he’s still gonna make the playoffs and possibly win a state title.

Not if Brock and Cameron Nellor get disqualified for the rest of the year.
How did 2 brothers from Thompson Valley High School in Loveland, Colorado end up moving to Mt. Vernon, Texas of all places this summer? And end up playing?
I mean, I doubt it has anything to do with the guy known for developing system quarterbacks at all, right?

How did 2 brothers from Thompson Valley High School in Loveland, Colorado end up moving to Mt. Vernon, Texas of all places this summer? And end up playing?
I mean, I doubt it has anything to do with the guy known for developing system quarterbacks at all, right?

Supposedly, her job gave her an option to transfer down there because it was closer to relatives. It’s being reopened because they are renting a house instead of buying one I guess.

Talked to someone from MV this am that’s been a part of this.

Mount Vernon school Superintendent Jason McCullough told the newspaper that Briles and the district received a public reprimand but no forfeitures. However, the UIL executive committee can still forfeit five games in which the two played.

What?

If there's anything that will teach Art Briles a lesson, it's a public reprimand.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

I don’t think you can just ignore the economic opportunities offered by the east texas corridor. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jkwellborn said:

Supposedly, her job gave her an option to transfer down there because it was closer to relatives. It’s being reopened because they are renting a house instead of buying one I guess.

Talked to someone from MV this am that’s been a part of this.

I didn't think renting in the new place was a problem.  I know the UIL requires that you sell/market the house in the place you're moving away from.  

4 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

her job gave her an option to transfer down there because it was closer to relatives.

Interesting. I'm looking at her Facebook friends and I only see 1 that appears to be in Texas. She's from Wisconsin originally. Must be some distant relatives.
And her mother in law lives in Portland, Oregon. Wonder who these relatives are that made them move 1000 miles, must be important!

Edited by relapse98

21 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

So one of these boys is a senior -- based on the highlights, Briles uses him as a running QB.  The other is a soph and has been the passing QB.  

https://longmontobserver.org/lifestyle/at-home-opens-store-in-longmont/

Longmont Store Director Jeff Nellor

There is an At Home in Tyler, that's the closest, about 100 minutes away.. same as the closest Home Depot, thought I doubt an HR manager would work in a store.

Also interesting:
Trey Kreikemeier (13) high-fives coach Jeff Nellor next to catcher Trenten Reihl during Thompson Valley’s game Thursday, July 19, 2018 at Constantz Field in Loveland. (Sean Star/Loveland Reporter-Herald)

spacer.png

I wonder if the non full time district employee assistant coach is also the dad.  Would kind of make sense that Art recruited the kids and hired the daddy.

35 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

The mom is Sandi Nellor.

https://www.facebook.com/sandi.nellor/

https://twitter.com/nellorsandi

Must have found a pretty important job in 3k person Mt Vernon to move there, hell she was the District HR Manager for Home Depot back in Denver, must be an amazing job in that podunk East Texas town.

Well, she's definitely got the face for east Texas. She'll fit right in 

55 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

you post something that is complete bullshit and takes 5 seconds to research, but the guy that calls you out is the dumbass?  

I didn't say he was a "dumbass."  I posted that I was repeating what I was told by people that had left the game.  I didn't give enough of a sh*t to research it.  Thanks for your misinterpretation though. 

The moving-for-athletic-purposes cases almost always have enough gray area that you could see that being reversed. But..

In addition, the team is accused of using a coach who was not employed by the school district, which is another violation.

Art has extensive experience coaching high school, and this has always been a rule in this state.  Not much wiggle room in this one.  Maybe the UIL will take it easy on MV, seeing as how this is the first illegal, immoral, or unethical thing Art Briles has done in his life.

• Like 1

There is an At Home in Tyler, that's the closest, about 100 minutes away.. same as the closest Home Depot, thought I doubt an HR manager would work in a store.

Also interesting:
Trey Kreikemeier (13) high-fives coach Jeff Nellor next to catcher Trenten Reihl during Thompson Valley’s game Thursday, July 19, 2018 at Constantz Field in Loveland. (Sean Star/Loveland Reporter-Herald)
072118_TVSummer_HighFive-L.jpg
I wonder if the non full time district employee assistant coach is also the dad.  Would kind of make sense that Art recruited the kids and hired the daddy.

There’s a Home Depot in Sulphur Springs and Mount Pleasant. Probably 15 minutes away.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

Interesting. I'm looking at her Facebook friends and I only see 1 that appears to be in Texas. She's from Wisconsin originally. Must be some distant relatives.
And her mother in law lives in Portland, Oregon. Wonder who these relatives are that made them move 1000 miles, must be important!

Could those relatives have different last names?  Like Franklin?

10 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I thought I heard Craig Way say on the radio this morning, that the non full time employee was some guy Briles hired to shoot a documentary... but he was also providing video research. Or something of that nature... don't think it was the father. 

Edited by DreadHead

1 hour ago, relapse98 said:

In other, probably already discussed news, the superintendent's wife is a fucking milf. I'd post a picture but most of them have one of her granddaughters in them.

Given the info in your post, that’s technically a GYLF. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DreadHead said:

I thought I heard Craig Way say on the radio this morning, that the non full time employee was some guy hired to shoot a documentary... but he was also providing video research. Or something of that nature... don't think it was the father. 

"also" may be doing a lot of work here. Sounds like the documentary was perhaps just a cover for paying someone they couldn't actually hire. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chopper said:

"also" may be doing a lot of work here. Sounds like the documentary was perhaps just a cover for paying someone they couldn't actually hire. 

The Baylorfans thread said that Lynx Hawthorne was one of the guys working on the film.  

2 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

The Baylorfans thread said that Lynx Hawthorne was one of the guys working on the film.  

f49c-9e7c-4b63-8555-20cb65a61768

https://www.reporterherald.com/2017/02/02/megan-kamrath-and-lynx-hawthorne-to-wed-may-28-2017/`

Hmm, Hawthorne married a girl (Megan Kamrath) from Loveland, CO who went to Thompson Valley HS.  

Mama Nellor has 11 Facebook friends named Kamrath.  Megan is Facebook friends with all of the Nellors.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

https://www.facebook.com/dan.kamrath/about?section=relationship

Check out that relationship, Jeff Nellor is Dan Kamrath (Megan Hawthorne nee Kamrath's) brother in law.
So the camera guy played for Art, met Megan at Baylor where she was a cheerleader, and followed Art to Italy when he was coaching there and just happens to be making a documentary, working on the side for Art doing a little illegal assistant coaching, and look at that.. his semi-relatives follow him to Mount Vernon.

I guess we found the 'family' that's in Mount Vernon that caused the boys to move there. Oh yeah, and a coach well known for developing system quarterbacks also happens to live there.

spacer.png

• Like 1

spacer.pngspacer.png

What do you get when you cross the controlling leader of a Power 5 conference school hell bent on transforming it into an elite Baptist University, the crushing pressure of over $200 million in bond debt to get there, a football team and its Coach striving to go from the Conference doormat to top national rankings, and a Conference Commissioner (and host of jealous Presidents from the other conference schools) withholding television revenues from Baptist University to force it into getting “institutional control” over alleged athlete-related sexual assaults? A “Bear Trap.”

Edited by relapse98

19 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Check out that relationship, Jeff Nellor is Dan Kamrath (Megan Hawthorne nee Kamrath's) brother in law.
So the camera guy played for Art, met Megan at Baylor where she was a cheerleader, and followed Art to Italy when he was coaching there and just happens to be making a documentary, working on the side for Art doing a little illegal assistant coaching, and look at that.. his semi-relatives follow him to Mount Vernon.

Sandi Kamrath was class of '85 at Pepin High School, strange our Sandi Nellor went to Pepin and started her career in 1990 according to Linkedin. Well, I'll be. Looks like Sandi Kamrath is Megan Hawthorne's aunt. What a fucking wicked web we weave.

I guess we found the 'family' that's in Mount Vernon that caused the boys to move there. Oh yeah, and a coach well known for developing system quarterbacks also happens to live there.

This is the best surly detective work since the Demond Demas eligibility case.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, relapse98 said:

Sandi Kamrath was class of '85 at Pepin High School, strange our Sandi Nellor went to Pepin and started her career in 1990 according to Linkedin. Well, I'll be. Looks like Sandi Kamrath is Megan Hawthorne's aunt. What a fucking wicked web we weave.

Damn man that's impressive work!