Art Briles: New Head Coach of Mount Vernon High School in Texas

Landomatic

While yes it’s stupid to think that these kids will just start raping other students immediately due to Briles, the point is that Briles fostered a culture/atmosphere around his program that football players were above the rules/law.  While rape is obviously an extreme, it starts with the little things like getting a player a lesser punishment, or a better grade to keep them eligible  since they play football.  Over the months/years this can turn into a culture of entitlement where player feels they are figuratively untouchable due to their status and participation with the football team.  That can absolutely lead toward a Baylor situation, which is why I would immediately be looking to move if I had children at that school.

That happens at practically everywhere that sports are played.

For the record, besides the steroids at Stephenville, Briles was accused not just of playing a rapist on that high school team, he was also accused of trying to intimidate the victim.

witter.com/dansolomon/status/1132073741184323

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 'stache said:

Yep, all clear. And with all of the job offers he had in front of him, he chose the prestigious job of Mount Vernon. I mean, if he was all clear, he certainly had 100+ job offers, right?

Maybe "all clear" just means, "we hope this makes it past the Memorial weekend news dump"..? (I think so)...

• 3 weeks later...

“We vetted Coach Briles to the best of our ability.”

Anyone with any common sense would realize that it's impossible to adequately vet someone who's tied up in multiple lawsuits, because every answer is going to be, "I cannot comment on that because of pending legal action."

2 hours ago, orangecat92 said:

So I just read a story on the dallasnews.com that the public is supposed to be coming to the next school board meeting, evidently tomorrow.  

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2019/06/16/mount-vernon-made-statement-hiring-art-briles-now-community-chance-speak?f=r

ross2.png

• Like 3

On 5/27/2019 at 2:57 PM, Tex Long said:

(1) rulz

(2) you either spelt "what" wrong, or you meant "who"

On 5/27/2019 at 5:51 PM, 'stache said:

Pics aren’t loading.

Wife:

46485400_1753407498120014_49434795263079

43035981_1689787967815301_34650859325861

Marina lady:

22894182_1915818085125397_11621934146904

44893318_2498473380193195_88704449448257
Edited by campcrunk
Putting up pics instead of links.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Armybrat said:

What happened at the public meeting with the school board? Animal House style?

They all got together, declared the rapes at Baylor “fake news”, lauded Briles for his high Baptist Christian character and prayed he’d win them a state championship.

meeting adjourned 

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
  • Like 2

Jesus fucking christ. 

"I'm a native Texan. But I spent 15 years in Norman, Oklahoma. I became a Sooner fan."

Go fuck yourself, you fucking POS. And don't bother lecturing anyone here in the value of advertising and value, with I'm sure what is years of experience trying to advertise your shitty podunk gas station in Norman, Oklahoma.

It's a SCHOOL. It's not a fucking business enterprise. 

• Like 1

To be fair, it's all about business as far as the Baylor BoR and their fans are concerned, Christian morality be damned.

Tone deaf morons. Too bad the #metoo movement is only focused on celebs & politicians and not some jerkwater college/high school in Bumfuck, Texas.

• Like 2

I talked to a Baylor grad in a NYC bar last night ( I know).  He had a new take that I found refreshing in its blatant, open evil.  

Effectively it went like this.  “Women have been raped throughout history by men of power and influence, be they kings, star football players, or whatever.  Men know it, women know it.  It’s disingenuous to suddenly be all high and mighty and judgmental.  You can’t pull the rug out on these guys by taking what everyone tacitly knew and accepted and suddenly act like that was never true, you’re horrified, and you never knew.”

And yes of course he was hammered.  Baptist. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I talked to a Baylor grad in a NYC bar last night ( I know).  He had a new take that I found refreshing in its blatant, open evil.  

Effectively it went like this.  “Women have been raped throughout history by men of power and influence, be they kings, star football players, or whatever.  Men know it, women know it.  It’s disingenuous to suddenly be all high and mighty and judgmental.  You can’t pull the rug out on these guys by taking what everyone tacitly knew and accepted and suddenly act like that was never true, you’re horrified, and you never knew.”

giphy.gif

Edited by TrashMaster G
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

I assume you hit him in the face?

19 minutes ago, drt said:

I assume you hit him in the face?

No. He was pitching my team on a deal that we passed on.  He probably lost out on  a few hundred grand due to that conversation.  

I did order MacAllan 30 double as my next drink.  He went a bit pale.  

I do have regrets but I’m ok. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

No. He was pitching my team on a deal that we passed on.  He probably lost out on  a few hundred grand due to that conversation.  

I did order MacAllan 30 double as my next drink.  He went a bit pale.  

I do have regrets but I’m ok. 

You know how I know you never drink Macallan? 

4 hours ago, Liquor and Poker said:

So he's trying to say that the girls at Mount Vernon are going to get raped no matter what and singling out Art Briles isn't fair because the alternative would still allow their players to rape? If that's not pure evil I don't know what is...

3 hours ago, Eggo said:

You know how I know you never drink Macallan? 

you gonna give him capitalization grief, really?  The liquor movement has gotten that snooty?  

Hmmm... my #1 son, semi-retired from Blizzard, is pursuing a Doctorate in Anthropology at Oxford, brought back from his last trip to the UK a bottle of 18-year-old, and the label has it The MACALLAN, so I'd have to say both wrong so far, capitalism-wise.

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

Hmmm... my #1 son, semi-retired from Blizzard, is pursuing a Doctorate in Anthropology at Oxford, brought back from his last trip to the UK a bottle of 18-year-old, and the label has it The MACALLAN, so I'd have to say both wrong so far, capitalism-wise.

Leave cloak room economic systems out of this. 

Via company website: 

https://www.themacallan.com

The Macallan Sherry Oak 30 Years Old forms part of our Sherry Oak range which features a series of single malt whiskies matured exclusively in hand-picked sherry seasoned oak casks from Jerez for richness and complexity. Deliciously smooth with a long, rich finish, the natural dark mahogany colour of the 30 Years Old is the richest in the range.

Yeah dude, I quoted whisky with whiskey.  As a continuance of the thread's dismissal of improper beverage talk. 

hence the winkey face.  Oh sorry, the winky face.