1/2 cup crushed pork skins/ Bakenets

1/2 cup shredded mozzarella

2 eggs, slightly beaten

1 medium onion, sauteed

4 jalapenos, sauteed

3 tablespoons minced garlic, sauteed

oregano, basil, crushed red pepper

2_ 8oz cans jalapeno tomato sauce from Mexican section

Mix everything except tomato sauce, in a large bowl, then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and form about 15 medium sized meatballs and place on sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Pour both cans of tomato sauce in deep skillet, with one of those cans of water. After meatballs have baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and place in skillet.  Simmer for about 10-12 minutes on medium heat, turning meatballs at least once.

Meatballs-fork.jpg

Meatballs-Skillet.jpg

Edited by slorch

Keto/ Low Carb Meatballs
1 pound ground beef
1 pound ground sausage
1/2 cup crushed pork skins/ Bakenets
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 medium onion, sauteed
4 jalapenos, sauteed
3 tablespoons minced garlic, sauteed
oregano, basil, crushed red pepper
2_ 8oz cans jalapeno tomato sauce from Mexican section
Mix everything in a large bowl, then line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, and form about 15 medium sized meatballs and place on sheet.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes.
Pour both cans of tomato sauce in deep skillet, with one of those cans of water. After meatballs have baked for 20 minutes, remove from oven and place in skillet.  Simmer for about 10-12 minutes on medium heat, turning meatballs at least once.
Meatballs-fork.jpg
Meatballs-Skillet.jpg

Looks great. You can be lazy and just make a meat loaf out of that.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 1/14/2024 at 4:57 PM, Tailgate said:

Sorry. Posted it in 2007 on Hornfans. Thought most of y’all had seen it. \m/

https://www.hornfans.com/threads/carne-guisada.9802/

This thread is incredible. I love it.

I made the Carne Guisada tonight with a few tweaks. I basically merged this recipe with the Robb Walsh Tex Mex version. I added chili powder, red potatoes, Serrano peppers with seeds, diced tomatoes, garlic cloves and powder. It came out really good. I have the cooking skills of an eleven year old. Pics aren’t great but the meal came out really well. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3fcb553d7a96703d56cae231d0f8491f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.33101ffd126a9a0951863999e1f1307f.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

Recipe for the rice, please? Central Market has something very similar in their pre-made meal section and I pick it up every once in a while.

Yes! Exactly the inspiration I used, even if mine has fewer ingredients. Just steamed the following:

- jasmine rice
- cilantro
- lemon juice
- lemon zest

Finished with olive oil and poppy seeds.

Tonight’s meal - Plank sockeye atop northwest Brussel rice with a ginger/honey/tamari/chili glaze:

7fbaaa6a9c9f2ac6ee5edec4e91bd0ae.jpg
7f454f9c96c0688feee7a69ec56c9618.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Recipe for grilled Caesar salad? Hmmm…I’m gonna go with:

Slice a heart of romaine in two, throw the halves of lettuce face down on the grill. Might want to brush them with extra virgin olive oil first. When they’ve got a little char on them, remove them and top with Caesar dressing, Caesar croutons, and fresh grated Parmesan cheese. Fresh ground black pepper would be nice too.

That about cover it?

13 hours ago, Incredulity said:

lay it on me, what occurred?

I found an Island Teriyaki bottle half full in my pantry, but it wasn't enough, so I poured about 1/4 cup of juice from a jalapeño jar into it and then rummaged up one of those spice shakers of powdered ranch dressing you get from Costco.  Shook up the bottle and bathed those wings in that stuff then coated them with the ranch.  At first I put the wings on the top shelf of the grill at medium heat to render out some of the fat (maybe 12 -15 min) and then I moved all of them to the bottom shelf and turned up the heat full blast to get them charred up.  After that I put all of them back into the pyrex that I marinated them in and then put that back on the grill in the pyrex at low heat to render down all of that marinade and kill whatever salmonella was creeping around in there.  Once that started to caramelized I pulled the whole thing off, let it cool down, mixed the wings around in that gooey sauce, and then ate the ever livin' shit out of them.

Best I've ever had bar none and it was all mainly just an accident.  I had no plan.

Edited by Cajun
Metal pan, not pyrex. But you get the idea
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

Picked up big pack of boneless country pork ribs at costco. Started in the oven, then finished on the grill. Delicious 

IMG_9094.jpeg

https://ww2.kqed.org/essentialpepin/2011/09/18/puerto-rican-pork-and-beans/

This is a really bad ass recipe to use with country style ribs. I use a pressure cooker and this can all be done in like 45-60 min. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hell yea. Hamburger steaks are one of my favorite meals from when I was younger that shit always hits. 

This. This was a splurge meal in college. My typical meals were 75 cent -1$ meals poor man deals every decent restaurant in Memphis had back then. Turnip greens, green onions, and cornbread at lunch at a steakhouse. Beans rice and enchilada gravy at the TexMex joint. Fried rice and an egg roll at the Chinese joint. A bbq baloney sandwich. Leftover knishes at the Jewish deli.

I’ve been wanting to try making Tahdig, so last night was the night. Girlfriend had a TikTok recipe for some middle eastern-ish chicken thighs, so she made those and a little cucumber salad. I’m sure someone’s Persian grandmother could tell me the 10 things I did wrong, but I thought the Tahdig turned out pretty damn good. 
IMG_5788.thumb.jpeg.1ca58cd3ed498fbac2e462d319a4591b.jpeg

IMG_5789.thumb.jpeg.b27c203c557a076d2a281fd38f7e142d.jpeg

IMG_5791.thumb.jpeg.9800dff051cc2d474b5dbb06a574a6ee.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1