The Supremes

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

wait, didn't Jack Smith already petition the Supreme Court months ago to make a ruling on this whole Presidential immunity thing and they passed, saying : "Naww, go ahead and have the lower appellate court take this one."

Then, the appellate court takes the case and rules two weeks ago unanimously 3 - 0 that the President would NOT have immunity.

The Supreme Court then sits on it's hands for two weeks and then says : "you know, maybe we do want to rule on this case. Let's see how, how about we listen to oral arguments in 7 weeks, sound good?"

Makes a guy wonder.

To be fair, that is pretty typical. Taking things out of order is the atypical way to approach it. 

21 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

To be fair, that is pretty typical. Taking things out of order is the atypical way to approach it. 

They are just putting their finger in the scale to help him delay.  

• Hook 'Em 3

But I have been assured repeatedly that the supreme court is not in the bag for trump? Why else would they be dancing to the tune being hummed by the fascists and working to drag things out as long as possible?

If the court was trying to help out trump, it would look nothing like this, right? RIGHT??

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

But I have been assured repeatedly that the supreme court is not in the bag for trump? Why else would they be dancing to the tune being hummed by the fascists and working to drag things out as long as possible?

If the court was trying to help out trump, it would look nothing like this, right? RIGHT??

If it really was going all out for him, it would have taken the appeal earlier and have granted him immunity by now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

If it really was going all out for him, it would have taken the appeal earlier and have granted him immunity by now. 

This feels like someone saying "well if Tony Brothers really wanted to help them, he would have shaved more points!" No duh it could be worse. It could always be worse. 

The problem is that it's happening at all, and that it's occurrence is incredibly damaging to the basic concept of a single justice system - not the two tier justice clown fiesta we've been observing for a fucking while now. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Depressing amount of fuckery being done by this Court. The irony is that the lower courts at least held up against Trumps "steal" lawsuits.

We should be have been debating over the last two years how the courts arguably overreacted to Jan. 6 and imprisoned too many  and barred Trump from ever running all before Jan. 6, 2022. 

Much like we are discussing Covid overreach, our debate now should be about insurrection overreach, and how depressing it is that Meatball Ron is going to claw his way to the nomination.

Not the high likelihood of everyone being fucking pardoned.

• Rage+1 1

15 hours ago, hornmpa96 said:

Should I be concerned with the Court’s order which mentions reviewing Presidential Immunity for alleged official acts?

Can they just assume his actions were official and therefore grant immunity?

Given the falsehoods utilized to support other decisions of this Court, I have no confidence they get to the right decision here.

This is the worst case scenario. No way they approve blanket and unlimited immunity. I can see an argument that they should weigh in on issues of great importance, but it’s also likely that 4 of the six shitstains took it for delay.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

This feels like someone saying "well if Tony Brothers really wanted to help them, he would have shaved more points!" No duh it could be worse. It could always be worse. 

The problem is that it's happening at all, and that it's occurrence is incredibly damaging to the basic concept of a single justice system - not the two tier justice clown fiesta we've been observing for a fucking while now. 

The primary problem is the timing. I think the most likely result is affirming the appellate decision. Frankly, this was always getting to the Supreme Court, whether now or on appeal from trial. 

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

This is the worst case scenario. No way they approve blanket and unlimited immunity. I can see an argument that they should weigh in on issues of great importance, but it’s also likely that 4 of the six shitstains took it for delay.

Probably, yes. I'd say two of them took it to give Trump near blanket immunity and two for delay, but to ultimately rule against him. 

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

1 hour ago, Dahobbs said:

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

This is the same kind of shit the Big12 refs pull on Texas.

You mess around the edges enough and call subjective shit to give yourself enough cover / plausible deniability to be explained away.

Putting your thumb on the scale may not effect every outcome to the one you want, but do it enough and you'll win the numbers game.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, yoladu said:

wait, didn't Jack Smith already petition the Supreme Court months ago to make a ruling on this whole Presidential immunity thing and they passed, saying : "Naww, go ahead and have the lower appellate court take this one."

Then, the appellate court takes the case and rules two weeks ago unanimously 3 - 0 that the President would NOT have immunity.

The Supreme Court then sits on it's hands for two weeks and then says : "you know, maybe we do want to rule on this case. Let's see now.... how about we listen to oral arguments in 7 weeks, sound good?"

Makes a guy wonder.

9781541602649-1.jpg?fit=435,675

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

I was thinking about Dred Scott the other day.

One thing AP history drilled down in us is that it was a terrible decision. Maybe the worst ever by the Supreme Court. It upended a tenuous ‘peace’ created by the Missouri compromise… and set us on the path to the civil war. And that’s outside of the abhorrent moral aspect of it.

All that being said, I am 100% sure this court in its make up would have ruled the same way. Maybe not 7-2 but sure as shit 6-3. 

The Supreme Court is undoing the protections of a post civil war / post Jim Crow / post civil rights era that helped America rise to be the leader of the free world. Without those protections we rot from within and ultimately face the same fate as we did in the mid 19th century.

I fundamentally do not understand how the federalists society, fascists, conservative catholic bloc, and Crow disciples think that this leads to a better America.

Or maybe they don’t and they just want to hoard their billions. And their calculation is that they’ll be the ruling class / on the winning side of any civil conflict. It’s so dystopianly unAmerican 

Yep. This is why I can’t square it. Are they really that obtuse?  

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

Or maybe they don’t and they just want to hoard their billions. And their calculation is that they’ll be the ruling class / on the winning side of any civil conflict. It’s so dystopianly unAmerican 

I think it's as simple as this.  They want a Russian-type oligarchy. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

I think it's as simple as this.  They want a Russian-type oligarchy. 

It’s this but with a coating of christofascism. They call it “dominionism” but it’s simple. Their god knows what’s best for everyone and they are conduits to that god. The money is a happy side effect of working for god.
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Dnaguy said:

I was thinking about Dred Scott the other day.

One thing AP history drilled down in us is that it was a terrible decision. Maybe the worst ever by the Supreme Court. It upended a tenuous ‘peace’ created by the Missouri compromise… and set us on the path to the civil war. And that’s outside of the abhorrent moral aspect of it.

All that being said, I am 100% sure this court in its make up would have ruled the same way. Maybe not 7-2 but sure as shit 6-3. 

The Supreme Court is undoing the protections of a post civil war / post Jim Crow / post civil rights era that helped America rise to be the leader of the free world. Without those protections we rot from within and ultimately face the same fate as we did in the mid 19th century.

I fundamentally do not understand how the federalists society, fascists, conservative catholic bloc, and Crow disciples think that this leads to a better America.

I think the last sentence is the ultimate goal--a ruling class.  However, it's been said many times before here, they never control the autocrat monster they create. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

alito was part of the coup 

Mad Arthur GIF by MOODMAN

49 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

How would an individual sc justice issue an injunction?

Alito is definitely compromised, but that comment from Powell isn’t all that nefarious, I’m actually surprised she knew the procedure. I assume she’s referring to Pennsylvania. Justice Alito has responsibility for the Third Circuit (Pa., NJ, De.) and can issue temporary injunctions. They’re only temporary though and there has to be a legitimate argument and likelihood of success on the merits. It’s a small part of what they refer to these days as the “shadow docket.” Temporary injunctions from the shadow docket aren’t all that problematic in my opinion, procedurally at least, it’s only problematic when shit heels use it for more substantive relief. I didn’t hear her say that Alito was definitely going to do it, and if he really was on board, it probably would have happened. He’s a piece of shit on multiple other levels and is going to show his ass again soon dissenting to the immunity cases.

IMG_3003.jpeg

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Keep in mind, Powell is crazy. I think we need to be skeptical of anything she says.

I say we take a shot of this every time she divulges another part of the scheme to lessen the blow in case it is true…..

spacer.png

alito was part of the coup 

Bombshell! You don't get more credible than Sidney Powell.

IMG_9175.jpeg

why do their heads look photoshopped, too?