2020 DT Vernon Broughton

KYHorn

11 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

OH YEAH.... 🤘  

Didn't I tell you that if you posted any more pictures of my old lady I was going to kick your ass?

On a serious note hook em Vernon and welcome to the 40🤘

12 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

giphy.gif

OH YEAH.... 🤘  

I came to this page to welcome the big fella, but instead I have been staring at this for 15 minutes.  Damn.

Welcome VB!  Hook'em

• Haha 1

Broughton has some sick, sick talent.  When you watch his video notice how much damage he's doing and how little use he is making of hand technique while doing that damage.  He usually just puts a shoulder into the blocker then either bull rushes behind it or spins off that shoulder.  It shows both how raw he is and how much better he can become with additional development.  Adding just a swim and a rip move to his repertoire would increase his effectiveness quite a bit from an already high level.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
3 minutes ago, 6th Street said:

What happened to this guy? Saw him play a few snaps at DE and DT against OU and was easy pushed around. Looked like a complete non factor.

I always thought he was a project.. his lower legs look like a JV high school basketball players.  Needs to get his base stronger.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

I always thought he was a project.. his lower legs look like a JV high school basketball players.  Needs to get his base stronger.

I don't remember but how was strength training last season with covid? He is a true soph with experienced guys around him.  Shut even Fred Collins has struggled this season. 

Wait just remembered that Big Murph and sorrellhave looked better then most of the line as freshmen 

Edited by Coach pop a bitch
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

He made plays as a Freshman when his assignment wasn’t just to eat up double teams so our unathletic LBs and Safeties could miss open field tackles.  

Lol wut. How the fuck does this post have 4 upvotes already? he played in six games and had two tackles last year. He got a sack last year because he went nowhere and the edge guys pushed the QB right into him. He was also terrible in the spring game. 

He sucked as a freshman and was overrated out of HS. There are guys who have the talent to be playing better on this D. He’s not really one of them. 

• Hook 'Em 2