Nice Guy Eddie

Texas 2020 general election

in Harris county I was impressed with the new process to quickly scan your ID to check you in.  Previously the olds had to look you up in the paper docs in front of them.  As much as I know the Voter ID laws were about preventing poors from voting, it does allow for more efficiency. Not to mention that it helps facilitate voting from any location.

In theory, you shouldn't even be required to register to vote any more, and we don't need as many election workers.  In the future, I see us walking up to the booth, swipe your ID which knows who you are and your address, match your fingerprint to the DPS data, then your ballot is presented.

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

PSA to Travis voters: The new machines are a vast improvement and the touch screen makes it go really quick. No more turning the dial to scroll, scroll, scroll, push to click.

Very impressed and liked how clear the paper trail is.

2 hours ago, bolverk said:

PSA to Travis voters: The new machines are a vast improvement and the touch screen makes it go really quick. No more turning the dial to scroll, scroll, scroll, push to click.

Very impressed and liked how clear the paper trail is.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In theory, you shouldn't even be required to register to vote any more, and we don't need as many election workers.  In the future, I see us walking up to the booth, swipe your ID which knows who you are and your address, match your fingerprint to the DPS data, then your ballot is presented.

In a sane/rational/fair country where we ensure everyone has equally easy access to current ID and is automagically registered, that general type of process should be a complete no-brainer. I'm pretty sure DPS knows whether I'm a non-felon citizen.

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

in Harris county I was impressed with the new process to quickly scan your ID to check you in.  Previously the olds had to look you up in the paper docs in front of them.  As much as I know the Voter ID laws were about preventing poors from voting, it does allow for more efficiency. Not to mention that it helps facilitate voting from any location.

Glad to see the big cities are streamlining the process. The last thing we need is people not voting because of long lines.

Weird...didn’t even need my voter registration card.

that was a fucking hassle to get but she didn’t even look at it.

voted for turner. Fuck buzbee

hqdefault.jpg

Lol - I wonder if he wore his senior boots and/or drove his tank to headquarters. 

That one got smoked in my County.  It is always weird to see the random ones that strike a nerve with people.  That one would have probably been one of the more helpful amendments in this batch.

Edited by kevwun

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

What are Gov Hotwheels and Texas Republicans up to now?

The party never ends. 

So Democrat counties get appointed judges but republican counties, for the most part, get elections?

when that pendulum swings back, state democrats might make it a crime to vote republican. 

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Just goes to show that it was never about ID, voter fraud or whatever spin Republicans want to lie about.

3 hours ago, Pancho said:

Texas republicans are hell bent on keeping this state red. They are literally doing all they can.

they have passed voter ID laws. They got rid of straight ticket voting. Before 2016, the business class GOP and the tea party were “battling it out” for republican supremacy in Texas. Since the 2018 election, everything has changed. The party is suddenly unified and they’re end goal is to keep the democrats down as long as possible. Goeb even endorsed Cornyn. If the democrats weren’t threatening, I bet the Texas tea party would’ve tried to primary Cornyn.

I hope the democrats can break through and get a big statewide win in the next few years because this current regime is insufferable and crooked as fuck. 

If Texas Republicans wanted to keep Texas red the last thing they should have done is supported Donald Trump.

I found it interesting that there are a large number of counties where the over 65 year olds are a relatively small percentage of the eligible voters. While some of these are already blue the others could turn blue if enough younger voters actually vote, at least in counties where the young aren't totally brainwashed too.

Brazos 11.2%, Travis 12.3%, Coryell 13.0%, Denton 13.1%, Gaines 13.5%, Garza 13.5%, Loving 13.6%, Hays 13.8%, Webb 13.9%, Harris 13.9%, Ector 14.1%, Dallas 14.3%, Midland 14.5%, Collin 14.6%, Bell 14.7%, Fort Bend 14.7%, Tarrant 15.0%, Walker 15.0%, Andrews 15.2%, Bee 15.4%, Moore 15.5%, Reeves 15.5%, Waller 15.6%, Brazoria 15.7%, Chambers 15.8%, Frio 15.9%, Reagan 15.9%, Bexar 16.0%, Lubbock 16.0%, Williamson 16.1%, Ochiltree 16.1%, Hidalgo 16.2%, Howard 16.4%, Dallam 16.5%, El Paso 16.5%, Kaufman 16.5%, Potter 16.8%, Martin 16.8%, Maverick 16.9%, Starr 16.9%, Rockwall 17.0%, Crane 17.0%, La Salle 17.0%, Kleberg 17.1%, Ellis 17.3%, Liberty 17.3%, Yoakum 17.4%, Winkler 17.5%, Montgomery 17.5%, Pecos 17.5%, Erath 17.6%, Karnes 17.9%, 

There are also some counties with a lot of older folks 65+ where Republican support is dying off.

Llano 42.1%, Sabine 37.9%, Motley 36.7%, Gillespie 36.6%, Menard 36.5%, Mason 36.2%, Jeff Davis 36.1%, Terrell 36.0%, Kimble 35.6%, Edwards 35.1%, Real 34.7%, Throckmorton 34.5%, Mills 34.5%, Kerr 34.0%, Foard 33.7%, Coke 33.7%, Wood 33.6%, Aransas 33.6%, Stonewall 33.5%, Kent 33.2%, Trinity 32.7%, Hamilton 32.0%, Cottle 31.9%, Bandera 31.8%, Concho 31.8%, San Augustine 31.7%, Baylor 31.6%, Briscoe 31.6%, Coleman 31.2%, Fayette 31.1%, Hood 31.1%, Marion 31.1%, Comanche 31.1%, Bosque 31.0%, Leon 31.0%, Presidio 30.9%, Hall 30.7%, Fisher 30.4%, Lavaca 30.3%, Red River 30.3%, Rains 30.3%, Donley 30.2%, Borden 30.0%

Data from the Texas Association of Counties

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Holy shit the Hill Country is old.

The Hill Country is like the Texas version of Florida for old people from Houston and Dallas instead of New York. 

mpu

Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion