2020 Coaching Staff

Scott Frost didn’t exactly make a normal transition either. Who knows...

I just know the history of it, and there aren't many surprises after bowl season. Shit's usually settled and out in the open, just up to them and current employer as to whether or not they coach in a bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Texas doesn’t exactly hold a position of power at the moment. If he’s who they want, they’ll compromise with him. Just speculating because I don’t know shit, as usual.

This is some horse shit, even if true. How can we carry around a check for $6 million and somehow still resort to begging? 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

(Eric Nahlin) Fact Patterns and Inside Info: 12/8/19

On the DC search, Barry Odom is a real candidate but he may get Memphis, which is a good job. He'd be a great hire for them. Texas has always seemed more intent on landing Harrell first then focusing on the DC search.

sell me on odom.  let's see some data.  recent trends last 3 jobs, before/during/after.  strategy to get to the qb.  coaching tree.

and if he goes he goes.  we need to have a dozen candidates on the board.  as guys take other jobs, somebody else goes up on the board.

last week don't remember what page what thread, there was a candidate whose before/during/after rankings showed improvement after he go there and a regression after he left, in his last 3 jobs.  how many of those guys are out there?  5? 10? 20?  come on 995ers, do some fucking work.

he we are now.

entertain us.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

sell me on odom.  let's see some data.  recent trends last 3 jobs, before/during/after.  strategy to get to the qb.  coaching tree.

and if he goes he goes.  we need to have a dozen candidates on the board.  as guys take other jobs, somebody else goes up on the board.

last week don't remember what page what thread, there was a candidate whose before/during/after rankings showed improvement after he go there and a regression after he left, in his last 3 jobs.  how many of those guys are out there?  5? 10? 20?  come on 995ers, do some fucking work.

he we are now.

entertain us.

He's the SEC version of Ash, without the championship. He's coached at 2 schools, Memphis and Missouri. He appears to be getting the job at Memphis.

He is a question for all of y'all NCAA rules aficionados? If we were to announce Harrell as our OC, how would that affect Bryan Carrington's recruiting status? Would that for e us to take him off the road? 

Carrington could still be on the road. You can have up to 10(?) out on the road recruiting. He could stay until we have a full staff again.

Carrington could still be on the road. You can have up to 10(?) out on the road recruiting. He could stay until we have a full staff again.

Nope. He would have to immediately dive into a holiday inn and proclaim it his permanent residence. Ncaa rules.
  • Like 1

On 12/7/2019 at 9:53 AM, Hiphopopotamos said:

Drinkwitz is an interesting name - he’s a Malzahn disciple who has put together a pretty impressive resume in a short time. Spent some time with Harsin at Boise St. and killed it this year at App St as Head Coach. 

Looks like Eli is Mizzu bound...

Here to eat my crow on Drinkerseinkwitzki. Figured the best bet would be one more year at App then parlay that into a better HC gig.

Nm. Was under the impression Mizzou had already hired HC and Drinkwitz would be going as a coordinator. My bad. No crow eating for me.

2 minutes ago, TheMailBox357 said:

Some poster on IT is is claiming that USC is throwing some prospective HCIW stuff to keep Harrell around. LMAO, USC might as well just fire Clay Helton now if that was true.

Lulz. The head coach is 47 years old and he already has a HCIW behind him.