DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt

2020 Coaching Staff

26 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I wonder if he’ll put the chips on the outside of the bowl to contain the cheese, or will he have the chips placed on the inside, looking for a fork or spare fingers to the responsible for containment. Or perhaps a blockade of tomatoes.

Well on your 3rd bite your going to have to get a fork from a few vendors away. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He may have turned us down already. How would we know?  He’s not required to run to social media to publicly reject a job offer. 

He would have advertised it to USC targets if that were the case. That's a pretty strong piece of circumstantial evidence.

Meanwhile, you know what's weak? Our program, because we're reduced to rejoicing over circumstantial evidence related to whether or not our top OC target did or did not accept a counter-offer from his current employer.

It's almost like we don't know how to make nachos or something.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

He may have turned us down already. How would we know?  He’s not required to run to social media to publicly reject a job offer. 

He might not but if USC knows he's staying they're going to be putting that out everywhere. 

8 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Because unless he's considering another offer it makes a ton of sense to publicly announce that you're staying at USC on an OV weekend.

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Because unless he's considering another offer it makes a ton of sense to publicly announce that you're staying at USC on an OV weekend.

Or, you privately announce internally and to the recruits like it’s all one big secret that they’re in on, but yeah I’m overthinking this. 

I guess we're all assuming it's really down to UT and USC. So if he's returning to USC, then both he and the university are out of their got damn minds not letting their recruits know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if he is coming here.

Bet they wouldn't announce Harrell before early signing day, to give USC the opportunity to keep their early commitments.

Edited by pacman

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Edited by cochamps
Delete. Already covered.

Bet they wouldn't announce Harrell before early signing day, to give USC the opportunity to keep their early commitments.

Fuck that. Announcing Harrell early gives UT a bump in their recruiting, why would they throw away that advantage to help USC?

I hope the coaches don’t give a shit about USC’s class.

you miss targets you aim high at. 
shit. 

Not if you're shooting beyond your sighted-in distance. Cmon now

Just now, UncleBuck said:

Fuck that. Announcing Harrell early gives UT a bump in their recruiting, why would they throw away that advantage to help USC?

Texas likely wouldn’t get a bump in recruiting over the next couple weeks no matter what. Relationships take time and maybe plans are being communicated to the recruits already committed. 

Because Harrell says so and there isn't much boost to be gained in 2 weeks..

Fuck that. Why would Harrell say so? That's not how this works.

Texas likely wouldn’t get a bump in recruiting over the next couple weeks no matter what. Relationships take time and maybe plans are being communicated to the recruits already committed. 

Sure, "likely" not, but you would still want that information out there for any recruits on the fence.

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

Sure, "likely" not, but you would still want that information out there for any recruits in the fence.

Texas doesn’t exactly hold a position of power at the moment. If he’s who they want, they’ll compromise with him. Just speculating because I don’t know shit, as usual.

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Okay, but that's not how this normally works. You know that.

Scott Frost didn’t exactly make a normal transition either. Who knows...

5 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Kafka is a non-starter. If he comes to the college game at all, he's clearly a TCU guy.

What about a bovine metamorphosis?  Or do you not believe in Bevolution?

(Eric Nahlin) Fact Patterns and Inside Info: 12/8/19
doesn't seem likely
I can't see
I don't think
Perhaps not.
Probably so.
I think
likely
It was never likely
That tends to happen
I feel confident
I still believe
I think it's likely

Lots of hard hitting facts. $9.95 please

Apparently Harrell has serious concerns about the Texas concession stand food choices. Don’t shoot the messenger.

Scott Frost didn’t exactly make a normal transition either. Who knows...

I just know the history of it, and there aren't many surprises after bowl season. Shit's usually settled and out in the open, just up to them and current employer as to whether or not they coach in a bowl game.

9 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Apparently Harrell has serious concerns about the Texas concession stand food choices. Don’t shoot the messenger.

I hear his real concern is the student seating issue.  He won't sign until that issued is fixed.

31 minutes ago, Casual Encounter said:

Texas doesn’t exactly hold a position of power at the moment. If he’s who they want, they’ll compromise with him. Just speculating because I don’t know shit, as usual.

This is some horse shit, even if true. How can we carry around a check for $6 million and somehow still resort to begging? 

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

(Eric Nahlin) Fact Patterns and Inside Info: 12/8/19

On the DC search, Barry Odom is a real candidate but he may get Memphis, which is a good job. He'd be a great hire for them. Texas has always seemed more intent on landing Harrell first then focusing on the DC search.

sell me on odom.  let's see some data.  recent trends last 3 jobs, before/during/after.  strategy to get to the qb.  coaching tree.

and if he goes he goes.  we need to have a dozen candidates on the board.  as guys take other jobs, somebody else goes up on the board.

last week don't remember what page what thread, there was a candidate whose before/during/after rankings showed improvement after he go there and a regression after he left, in his last 3 jobs.  how many of those guys are out there?  5? 10? 20?  come on 995ers, do some fucking work.

he we are now.

entertain us.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

It's almost like we don't know how to make nachos or something.

There are enough people on this board, old enough, from north texas, that the glory of arlington stadium nachos in 1977 can be remembered and celebrated.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

sell me on odom.  let's see some data.  recent trends last 3 jobs, before/during/after.  strategy to get to the qb.  coaching tree.

and if he goes he goes.  we need to have a dozen candidates on the board.  as guys take other jobs, somebody else goes up on the board.

last week don't remember what page what thread, there was a candidate whose before/during/after rankings showed improvement after he go there and a regression after he left, in his last 3 jobs.  how many of those guys are out there?  5? 10? 20?  come on 995ers, do some fucking work.

he we are now.

entertain us.

He's the SEC version of Ash, without the championship. He's coached at 2 schools, Memphis and Missouri. He appears to be getting the job at Memphis.