Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

54 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Fucking Austin.

Matt's El Rancho?

The goddamned Luby's of Tex Mex.  sigh

Not the best in these towns, but a few places that I've enjoyed...

A few in DFW

• Joe T Garcia's
  • Javier’s
  • Blue Goose
  • Manny's 
  • Mi Cocina

A few in SA 

• Acenar on The Riverwalk 
  • El Mirasol for margarita's 
  • Mi Tierra's
  • El Jarro's.
  • La Fogata
  • El Chaparral's  (Helotes)

Edited by LTtxfan

Might just be me but Sanders signing and enrolling early could be an indication of where things stand...why would you sign and enroll early if you had no idea if your position coach, head coach and DC were going to be there next year? Me thinks Urban's onboard & CDC relayed that to recruits and now we're just waiting on the news to break. That's just the eternal optimist in me.

He may just really really hate the process and love what Texas has to offer outside of football. But for a dude who was on decommit watch the past couple of months.. I chose to believe Urban's onboard. 

41 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Ok luck was drunk speak but at the same time is he a proven upgrade that we need to spend money buying out Herman and an entire staff for? No one wants Herman gone more than me but Franklin doesn’t move the needle in the a absolute slightest especially compared to the other cristobals/campbells/fickells of the world. He’s just not it

Maybe I’m an idiot but at no time in the last 6 years did I ever say- damn- if only we had franklin coaching here. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Today couldn’t have gone better...we didn’t get a “NO”...if we make it through fox pregame tomorrow our chances get infinitely better...until Herman isn’t fired by late Monday and they get infinitely worse 

if he gets to the monday presser its not good.  I still think we are going to say the KU game reschedule isn't part of the timeline and we will have an interim coach that game and any potential bowl game.  

2 hours ago, Dilligas said:

Just had to look up different scotches to remember one of my favorites, Glenfarclas.

Enjoyed a few of those at Nates Seafood in Addison.

Glenfarclas 25 is the best thing in the average upscale American liquor store.  Better than any of them costing many hundreds more. And the 12, which you can get for only about $45, is better than 95% of the other bottles in that store. 

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Sounding like KU & Texas actually have every intention of playing next weekend. If that’s the case there really shouldn’t be any news for another week right? Pretty clear Herman’s finishing out the year at this point.

You're gonna be really disappointed tomorrow night. 

2 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Might just be me but Sanders signing and enrolling early could be an indication of where things stand...why would you sign and enroll early if you had no idea if your position coach, head coach and DC were going to be there next year? Me thinks Urban's onboard & CDC relayed that to recruits and now we're just waiting on the news to break. That's just the eternal optimist in me.

He may just really really hate the process and love what Texas has to offer outside of football. But for a dude who was on decommit watch the past couple of months.. I chose to believe Urban's onboard. 

I like the optimism, but if a recruit knew UM was coming, I have to imagine that would leak like crazy

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

he sounds smart.  He's picking a school mainly(whether for business or emotional reasons) and a coach second.

that said, CDC is not going to tell a recruit about Urban.

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe I’m an idiot but at no time in the last 6 years did I ever say- damn- if only we had franklin coaching here. 

Fully agreed. I’m not a Franklin guy, I think he is a marginal at best hire if we went with him over Herman. Prob in the same situation right now

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No way in hell could this happen. Who really thinks a high school senior could keep his mouth shut?

• Hook 'Em 1

Here's my best attempt at squid's latest. Does feel like a timeline of a trip this week. Doesn't feel super informative on our situation, even considering my gaps in interpretation here.

- squid = him
- home of music? Austin?
- Flight
️ - Played golf
- drank
- definitely rose bowl
- hook'em, maybe with ut people?
- drove to the mountains and ate
- drove to Vegas
- I've got nothing here
- Cesar's palace, maybe?
- ate and drank till he's sick
- feels like maybe random Vegas shenanigans? Cards, drinks, food, girls, money, and a hospital? I don't know.
- he flies back to the home of music, presumably Austin.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

if he gets to the monday presser its not good.  I still think we are going to say the KU game reschedule isn't part of the timeline and we will have an interim coach that game and any potential bowl game.  

I’m leaning this way too. Give UM 10 days or so to flip a few guys before NSD1.

Edited by CowtownHorn

Yeah, if Herman is still the coach come Monday presser time, it ain't happening. Kansas gamne don't make a shit at this point. If we move to a plan B or C that isn't as flashy, they'll wait until after the "season" is over to do it. I think Meyer would be the only one able to move the needle i.e. the first early signing day.

Edited by Hmbre97

7 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Today couldn’t have gone better...we didn’t get a “NO”...if we make it through fox pregame tomorrow our chances get infinitely better...until Herman isn’t fired by late Monday and they get infinitely worse 

Yep, today did feel like a danger zone so I’m happy to make it through with everything all quiet. Would have been nice if some $9.95ers had been hinting that they liked the direction things were trending or something like that but genuinely nobody seems to know anything. 

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Not the best in these towns, but a few places that I've enjoyed...

A few in DFW

• Joe T Garcia's
  • Javier’s
  • Blue Goose
  • Manny's 
  • Mi Cocina

A few in SA 

• Acenar on The Riverwalk 
  • El Mirasol for margarita's 
  • Mi Tierra's
  • El Jarro's.
  • La Fogata
  • El Chaparral's  (Helotes)

I will never understand the love for Joe T Garcia’s. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Yes, clearly different seats, along with a number of other changes. All renovations post-2015 purchase - you can swap out seats. As said, the bones are the same, including the seat configuration. Not to mention there aren't a ton of F 50s out there flying around (they were also discontinued over 10 years ago), particularly those registered to TX owners.

In fact, there's a single F50 (of any year) registered to an Austin owner. This one. 

I don’t know what your job is, but you may end up with some offers for a different line of work after this is all said and done.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:
3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:
I'm losing hope, fellas. 

I'm on the train until Sunday. We go to Monday with no news, I'm checking out until something is official.

If we don’t have a credible report of Herman being fired by Sunday afternoon/evening, that’s when I start worrying.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

They aren’t firing Herman with a game left, I feel pretty certain. It sucks, but it is what it is.

In a normal year yes.  KU got rescheduled and puts it too close to signing day.  our recruits need to see some certainty.

6 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Here's my best attempt at squid's latest. Does feel like a timeline of a trip this week. Doesn't feel super informative on our situation, even considering my gaps in interpretation here.

emoji1653.png - squid = him
emoji445.pngemoji537.png - home of music? Austin?
emoji928.pngemoji3575.pngemoji929.png - Flight
emoji466.png️ - Played golf
emoji482.png - drank
emoji257.pngemoji3046.png - definitely rose bowl
emoji869.png - hook'em, maybe with ut people?
emoji604.pngemoji903.pngemoji488.png - drove to the mountains and ate
emoji604.pngemoji906.pngemoji620.png - drove to Vegas
emoji1629.pngemoji3523.pngemoji2113.pngemoji2148.pngemoji445.pngemoji482.png - I've got nothing here
emoji620.pngemoji553.png - Cesar's palace, maybe?
emoji483.pngemoji488.pngemoji895.pngemoji1640.pngemoji2961.png - ate and drank till he's sick
emoji895.pngemoji488.pngemoji1640.pngemoji2148.pngemoji453.pngemoji506.pngemoji482.pngemoji377.pngemoji874.pngemoji482.pngemoji483.pngemoji763.pngemoji453.pngemoji482.pngemoji620.pngemoji541.pngemoji482.pngemoji483.pngemoji453.png- feels like maybe random Vegas shenanigans? Cards, drinks, food, girls, money, and a hospital? I don't know.
emoji928.pngemoji927.pngemoji929.pngemoji537.pngemoji445.pngemoji1653.png - he flies back to the home of music, presumably Austin.

So squid is hedging?

Edited by lemonandaturd

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic