Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Might as well provide some background on why I kept saying Urban was a no and was a wet blanket. My source of info was the best possible source you could think of. I can’t go into any more detail on how I had this visibility. I just did, but I’ve known since the beginning of December he passed and posted it on here multiple times. 

Futureman is full of shit on Urban never being in play. He was and Texas wanted him. He just said no. Like everyone, I was just hoping Urban was lying to those around him. He wasn’t. 

oh jesus, man.  don’t be a bitch just because I knew before you did.  so petty.  sad!

5 minutes ago, PDX_Horn said:

I’m more than willing to bet donors were sold on the idea of Urban, Kelly, etc. and this happened. 

Gonna be a lot of ill will moving forward when this inevitably crashes and burns. 

If that's true, CDC and Hartzell are masters at separating gullible rich people from their money.

I think the donors are smarter than that, but you could be right.

I will embrace this hire as the best that I can.  For the most part it is a "meh" for me but will let the other hires for the staff be the true test.  I am at a point where I just want stability.  Since the latest round is just now taking off I hope that we are not in this position again in 3 to 4 years.  I can only spend so much time on Surly!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, derpyhorndog said:

He met with UT brass, deal terms were proposed and negotiated. You don't even get to that point if it "was never a maybe."

You do if you want to see the offer even though you know the answer will always be no. Urban Meyer has nothing to lose by stringing Texas along.

Just now, David Dennison said:

You do if you want to see the offer even though you know the answer will always be no. Urban Meyer has nothing to lose by stringing Texas along.

Your deductive skills are as solid as the day of CDC's press release when you deduced that Herman would coach Texas in 2021. Keep up the good work.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, David Dennison said:

As someone involved in negotiations for a living and that expects Urban has plenty of better and less taxing things to do with his time, agree to disagree. 

31 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

A program's success sets the narrative, not vice versa, but you're still too stupid to figure that out. If we were winning the talking heads would say different things. So go ahead and cry about media people "setting the narrative" which doesn't mean anything to anyone except for caterwauling vaginas, mewling quims, and crying pussies.

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

There's no such thing as a sure thing, even Urban wasn't 100% to win at Texas he was just the most obvious candidate. Beyond him everyone was a roll of the dice and I'd say Sark and Fickell were the best odds at hitting big. Kelly and Mullen might have gotten us in the playoff picture but that was their ceiling.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, futureman said:

oh jesus, man.  don’t be a bitch just because I knew before you did.  so petty.  sad!

Face it, you didn't honestly know. You made an educated guess based on whatever you thought you had, or just simply took the opposite side because you could. I'll give you the props for never backing off that, but really in the end, you took a side and happened to end up on the one that came true. It wasn't like you actually knew for fact, or anything like that. So yes, props for sticking to your guns, but don't make it out to be more than it really was.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Face it, you didn't honestly know. You made an educated guess based on whatever you thought you had, or just simply took the opposite side because you could. I'll give you the props for never backing off that, but really in the end, you took a side and happened to end up on the one that came true. It wasn't like you actually knew for fact, or anything like that. So yes, props for sticking to your guns, but don't make it out to be more than it really was.

simply not true, guy.  months ago I talked to the few people who would know and they said unequivocally that urban was a non-starter.  I understand that you are sad and angry right now.  but you’ll get over it. 

1 minute ago, futureman said:

simply not true, guy.  months ago I talked to the few people who would know and they said unequivocally that urban was a non-starter.  I understand that you are sad and angry right now.  but you’ll get over it. 

Um, I have it on good internet message board authority that Urban Meyer was personally negotiating terms up until the very moment he decided he didn't want the job.

Are you saying those sources are wrong?

3 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Um, I have it on good internet message board authority that Urban Meyer was personally negotiating terms up until the very moment he decided he didn't want the job.

Are you saying those sources are wrong?

Way to spin it, dipshit. He met in-person with UT brass in October, never said he was first-hand negotiating the whole way. Don't care if you believe me, on to the next thing.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

Anyone gloating about people in this thread setting themselves up for disappointment never really understood the point of this thread.

Sure, we all really did want urban meyer to be our coach, but after the news broke that he said no hopefully most of us knew it was an extreme longshot at best.

It was still fun in a time when not much and texas football has been. In the end, the only outcome that I would've been unhappy with is Herman returning, and that's not happening.

Hopefully sark can give us more than a ridiculous thread to enjoy about texas football, but for the tail end of this shitty season this has been a fun distraction regardless of the outcome.

Amen, Bill. 

4 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Anyone gloating about people in this thread setting themselves up for disappointment never really understood the point of this thread.

Sure, we all really did want urban meyer to be our coach, but after the news broke that he said no hopefully most of us knew it was an extreme longshot at best.

It was still fun in a time when not much and texas football has been. In the end, the only outcome that I would've been unhappy with is Herman returning, and that's not happening.

Hopefully sark can give us more than a ridiculous thread to enjoy about texas football, but for the tail end of this shitty season this has been a fun distraction regardless of the outcome.

All true.

I think what bothers many on here is the number of “insiders” that continued to confirm he was coming after the “no”. Debeasy stuck by his reporting of the no and is safe in my book. The others (caddox orange 1 and reneg (or something like that) among others should be called out for their lies or at a minimum admit they have shit sources. 

29 minutes ago, futureman said:

This is 100% bullshit, confirming he is nothing but an unfunny troll. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, futureman said:

I’m a man of my word. but when urban doesn’t come to UT all the cowards here (>99% of the posters) will retreat into the shadows instead of giving me the credit I deserve for breaking the truth of the story months before even the most high profile media members knew what was going on.

I am the top insider here. period. get over it. 

i joined team fisterman when it was clear that flightaware was part of the simulation.

but here's the problem, rex fister.  you claim you knew it was dead long before what ever happened actually happened.  and based on the way this broke, it was locked the fuck down.  you have been here too long and posted too much to actually have a connection to Top Men.

and because of your history, and your attackitude, good luck getting anybody to shower accolades on you, even if you were right in a binary equation.

• Like 3

@derpyhorndog feel free to disclose everything we tracked and figured out. I got the delisted plane’s info and gave it to derpy and he did the rest. It checked out with the rumors of meetings in Fort Collins and LA. It was the plane used by Eltife and/or his people when talking to Meyer directly. 

That all said, I don’t know why any of you gave the David Dennison guy visible. I saw enough of his abject stupidity in a day’s worth of his posts to convince me to put him on ignore and move on. He’s a cloak room douche that wouldn’t have a handle if it wasn’t for the “sky is falling” circle jerk that those dipshits have working in that shithole. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

I get it, you’re pretty butthurt about all this.  how about you chill out and just admit you were second to the party?

I want you to admit you were doing the same thing as RapGame Larry. There was no source just an educated guess that was going to have you look like a genius or complete moron. That's all it was. It's OK.