Jump to content
Vic Mackey

The Worst City In Every State

Recommended Posts

Bettendorf or Davenport, IA (the quad-cities area also includes the equally shitty Moline and Rock Island, IL)

See above for IL 

Williston, ND

Huron, SD

I’ve been to MN enough to know it’s not Edina

Cut Bank, MT (maybe it was Shelby...it was on the Rez)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, SizzleChest said:

El Paso anyone?

 

2 hours ago, Parliament said:


 

 


Harlingen needs to be in the discussion.



Woah there, Son. I grew up close enough to Lima to hear the gunfire. And Lima > Dayton.

But can we agree Youngstown and East Cleveland are worse than both?
 

 

 

Other than the horrible horrible air quality, El Paso isn't so bad.

 

And anyone claiming Harlingen is worst, but not McAllen or Brownsville is suspect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bullshit:

Dallas, TX: I would nominate Beaumont, College Station, Waco, Lubbock, and about 20 other places before I get to Dallas. 

Birmingham, AL: Pretty much anything in AL is rough but there are some very cool spots in Birmingham as compared to other cities there that have nothing but racism and poverty

Spokane, WA: WTF? Spokane is a pretty cool town, beautiful setting. If you're going to shit on somewhere in WA I'm surprised they didn't pull Tacoma or Yakima

Kalihi, HI: It's not even a city. It's in the middle of Honolulu. 

Correct: 

Pueblo, CO

Camden, NJ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

"Based on some guy's instagram followers responses"- What could possibly go wrong.

 

Several of those cities aren't even in the top 10 worst in those states. 

Yeah, exactly.

Virginia Beach sucks ass, but it's not even in the bottom half of the worst of the state, much less THE worst.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Graham is North Carolina's rock bottom.

I haven't lived in North Carolina since 1994, but from what I remember, Gastonia is one of the shittiest shitholes in that state, so its designation on this map is not that far off.  Fayetteville (a/k/a Fayettenam) is also a pretty big pile of excrement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, South Austin said:

I haven't lived in North Carolina since 1994, but from what I remember, Gastonia is one of the shittiest shitholes in that state, so its designation on this map is not that far off.  Fayetteville (a/k/a Fayettenam) is also a pretty big pile of excrement.

Fayettenam is in Arkansas.  Been there.  We won. Not going back.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I haven't lived in North Carolina since 1994, but from what I remember, Gastonia is one of the shittiest shitholes in that state, so its designation on this map is not that far off.  Fayetteville (a/k/a Fayettenam) is also a pretty big pile of excrement.

Picking on Gastonia seems like picking on Manor to me. Sure, it's a poor suburb of a city that it doesn't really have much in common with, but it's not like it's intentionally shitty or anything. Graham is were the KKK folk who are wealthy enough to be able to eat at restaurants where black people live, but don't want to actually live with them choose to live.

And Fayetteville, NC, is certainly a blah little burg, there's no question. But I'd call it bottom 10%, just not necessarily bottom 1%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol Mesa is a 5 minute drive away from Scottsdale, one of the most beautiful cities in Arizona. Queen Creek or Apache Junction are a lot worse in the Phoenix area alone. Then there’s the rest of the state outside of Sedona, and Tucson. 

Edited by youdunnf'dup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

And everyone falls for the clickbait. 

No shit. Obvious troll bait too. City trash talk can be fun but “worst” city in Texas for Dallas is laughably stupid even by clickbait troll standards.

Edited by 'stache

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, youdunnf'dup said:

Lol Mesa is a 5 minute drive away from Scottsdale, one of the most beautiful cities in Arizona. Queen Creek or Apache Junction are a lot worse in the Phoenix area alone. Then there’s the rest of the state outside of Sedona, and Tucson. 

I know people who named one of their daughters Mesa, presumably because of its Americanized use to describe a flatland. 

I wonder, but will never ask, if they know it means table. I also wonder what reaction she will get if she ever visits a Spanish speaking country or even a Hispanic neighborhood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know people who named one of their daughters Mesa, presumably because of its Americanized use to describe a flatland. 

I wonder, but will never ask, if they know it means table. I also wonder what reaction she will get if she ever visits a Spanish speaking country or even a Hispanic neighborhood. 

Maybe they were going for Mensa, but were too stupid to spell it correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Dallas?  

 I would think Port Arthur or Beaumont would win the honor?

 

that MSA is certainly shaped properly:

 

2019-10-31-11-36-51.png

Edited by elfenix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Topeka is spot on.

Modesto and Stockton would have to be a tie in NoCal an Bakersfield/Victorville/Twentynine Palms being SoCal.

Birmingham is actually a nice place. There are way worse places in Bama. Jackson is spot on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, 'stache said:

No shit. Obvious troll bait too. City trash talk can be fun but “worst” city in Texas for Dallas is laughably stupid even by clickbait troll standards.

Internet is serious business bro! Especially polls with people's opinions. Hence why the thread is in Lulz. But hey, take an Instagram poll serious if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Internet is serious business bro! Especially polls with people's opinions. Hence why the thread is in Lulz. But hey, take an Instagram poll serious if you like.

So what are best BBQ restaurants in each state?  Dickey’s for Texas? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tfoolry said:

So what are best BBQ restaurants in each state?  Dickey’s for Texas? 

Soulman's bro!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

And anyone claiming Harlingen is worst, but not McAllen or Brownsville is suspect.

Yeah, my parents lived in Harlingen for several years.  While it was after I was in college, so I was never a true resident, I've spent enough time down there to know that Harlingen is one of the better towns in the Valley (understanding that's a low bar).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Yeah, my parents lived in Harlingen for several years.  While it was after I was in college, so I was never a true resident, I've spent enough time down there to know that Harlingen is one of the better towns in the Valley (understanding that's a low bar).

 

I lived in the RGV for an eternity in hell 4 years. Low bar is pretty fucking low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, honolulu horn said:

Bullshit:

Birmingham, AL: Pretty much anything in AL is rough but there are some very cool spots in Birmingham as compared to other cities there that have nothing but racism and poverty

 

Montgomery is infinitely worse than Birmingham. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually just noticed Spokane was on there. I thought that was pretty interesting spot the one time I was there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, High Plains Drifter said:

 

I lived in the RGV for an eternity in hell 4 years. Low bar is pretty fucking low.

I could handle the RGV.  It is a sportsman's paradise.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

 

 

Other than the horrible horrible air quality, El Paso isn't so bad.

 

And anyone claiming Harlingen is worst, but not McAllen or Brownsville is suspect.

I grew up in the RGV and Harlingen is probably one of the better places along with McAllen.  It's the outlying smaller towns that have issues and mostly they involve corruption. I mean it's very much like Chicago/Illinois  like corruption down there. 

There are more than a handful of places in McAllen where if you didn't know you were in South Texas, you'd think you were in (fill in the blank) upper to middle class suburb, Texas . Same goes for some of the shopping venues you won't find in Corpus, Beaumont, Port Arthur, Collie Station or a number of other shit holes here in Texas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I could handle the RGV.  It is a sportsman's paradise.  

Not as much as it used to be back in the day.  Development has taken over some of the good hunting areas such as where citrus orchards used to be located.   Plus it's hard to hunt dove or quail close to the river now thanks to the border mess.   Used to be you could ride the back dirt roads and not be bothered or worry about being shot at from someone across the river.   It's not happening as much as it was a few years ago, but I still wouldn't chance it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lubbock may be an flat souless shithole, but Beaumont is an unwashed dirty infected shithole. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bettendorf or Davenport, IA (the quad-cities area also includes the equally shitty Moline and Rock Island, IL)
See above for IL 
Williston, ND
Huron, SD
I’ve been to MN enough to know it’s not Edina
Cut Bank, MT (maybe it was Shelby...it was on the Rez)
Ok but every city in the state hates edina.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At least The Beaumont area has great fishing in the Gulf. What does Wichita Falls have outside of tornadoes and Okies?

Edited by SimonBolivar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 77horn said:

What? Wichita Falls not even getting honorable mention on Texas worst list!

l22nzjvdwedz.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

At least The Beaumont area has great fishing in the Gulf. What does Wichita Falls have outside of tornadoes and Okies?

The world's smallest skyscraper. Duh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

So not Delhi then?

El paso had the worst air in Texas today('cept for @Brisket's post lunch location of course)    when it was pretty clean throughout the state.  The area south and west of Wichita Falls has some of the best air in Texas on average.  Couldn't find the database that showed that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, zork said:

El paso had the worst air in Texas today('cept for @Brisket's post lunch location of course)    when it was pretty clean throughout the state.  The area south and west of Wichita Falls has some of the best air in Texas on average.  Couldn't find the database that showed that.

Cooper Breaks State Park out by Quanah is also a Dark Sky area where stargazing is optimal.

Edited by SimonBolivar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Cooper Breaks State Park out by Quanah is also a Dark Sky area where stargazing is optimal.

yup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

At least The Beaumont area has great fishing in the Gulf. What does Wichita Falls have outside of tornadoes and Okies?

There is some pretty badass whitetail hunting within an hour's drive of WF for remarkably cheap prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

At least The Beaumont area has great fishing in the Gulf. What does Wichita Falls have outside of tornadoes and Okies?

Beaumont is by far the worst fucking shithole in Texas, unless you're counting Vidor. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

At least The Beaumont area has great fishing in the Gulf. What does Wichita Falls have outside of tornadoes and Okies?

Red draws and a one armed stripper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Ok but every city in the state hates edina.

Especially the shitty ones.  It's akin to naming Alamo Heights, Westlake, Hills, or River Oaks the worst cities in TX.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Newy25 said:

And everyone falls for the clickbait. 

Aren't you the cool and smart one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beaumont, Killeen and Odessa are equally shitholes. Odessa wind cause it’s in the middle of fucking nowhere surrounded by shitty towns. 

In Pennsylvania, nothing is worse than Johnstown. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Parliament said:



Woah there, Son. I grew up close enough to Lima to hear the gunfire. And Lima > Dayton.

But can we agree Youngstown and East Cleveland are worse than both?
 

 

Living in the area, I agree that Youngstown is the worst in Ohio. East Cleveland has to be the most depressed in the country, but it's a suburb and the city of Cleveland is working to annex it to help it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lateshow said:

Montgomery is infinitely worse than Birmingham. 

In Montgomery there is a tiny sliver of land near Huntingdon College where one could cling to civilization like the last person on an island chain crumbling into a rising tide of Montgomery-ness.

But in general, if you stuck me in Montgomery, I'd walk to Birmingham. Hell, I'd walk to Selma. Selma's got crime, but it's happy friendly how's-your-mama-doin type crime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...