We’re Going Bowling!

FORTY NINE TO ZERO

Lulz that was the bowl game at the end of my freshman year.  We got beat, I lost my wallet at the game, and several drunken hours later I got a panel van sliding door slammed on my hand in the parking lot of the Yucatán Liquor Stand.
Good times....
hey my ex brother in law robbed the yucutan liquor stand. went in as a hpd cop at closing and cleaned em out. he had burgled a cleaners a few weeks prior and snagged the cop uni. he is now a long term guest of the state of Texas.
  • Like 1

CFP rankings

1 Ohio State 12-0 1
2 LSU 12-0 2
3 Clemson 12-0 3
4 Georgia 11-1 4
5 Utah 11-1 6
6 Oklahoma 11-1 7
7 Baylor 11-1 9
8 Wisconsin 10-2 12
9 Florida 10-2 11
10 Penn State 10-2 10
11 Auburn 9-3 15
12 Alabama 10-2 5
13 Oregon 10-2 14
14 Michigan 9-3 13
15 Notre Dame 10-2 16

With following assumptions:

LSU beats Georgia

Utah beats Oregon

Oklahoma beats Baylor and jump Utah in rankings

tOSU wins

tOSU, LSU, Clemson, and OU in playoffs

Georgia vs Baylor in Sugar

Utah vs Penn State in Rose

Florida vs Virginia in Orange

Auburn vs Memphis in Cotton

We likely play Oregon in the Alamo

If Utah gets to 4, then

Georgia vs OU in Sugar

Oregon vs Penn State in Rose

Florida vs Virginia in Orange

Auburn vs Memphis in Cotton

We likely play Notre Dame in the Camping World.

per ESPN: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28221695/college-football-bowl-projections

Camping World Bowl
Camping World Stadium, Orlando, Florida
Noon, Dec. 28, ABC

Bonagura: Notre Dame vs. Texas
Schlabach: Notre Dame vs. Oklahoma State

Valero Alamo Bowl
Alamodome, San Antonio
7:30 p.m., Dec. 31, ESPN

Bonagura: USC vs. Oklahoma State
Schlabach: Oregon vs. Texas

Academy Sports + Outdoors Texas Bowl
NRG Stadium, Houston
6:45 p.m., Dec. 27, ESPN

Bonagura: Texas A&M vs. Kansas State
Schlabach: Texas A&M vs. Kansas State

Going to laugh my ass off if KSU whoops that maroon stain aggie yet again.  

Edited by Mdhorn

^
Makes sense.  If Utah is there, Alamo bowl needs a school like Texas (who even with 20% of the fanbase giving a shit) could fill up that place and get TV eyeballs.  With USC there, OSU or KSU could make for a compelling matchup and Alamo Bowl can save up to bring us there next year (which is a stretch since I can't find 8 wins on Herman's slate in 2020).  

Is the general consensus still Notre Dame goes to the Camping World bowl instead of an ACC team?  I can't see Alamo and CW Bowl taking Ok-St. AND K-St. over us, dropping us to the Texas Bowl.  

Pac-12 may squeeze Alamo to take Utah though to save face that Utah had no business in the CFP discussion, and should only fall one spot down their pecking order.  Plus Utah was in the Holiday Bowl last year (the Pac-12's third pick), so doubtful they want a repeat in Utah (which doesn't travel nearly as well as most Pac-12 teams).  USC wasn't in a bowl game last year and has a good enough Texas presence, they'd make an alluring Alamo Bowl pick.  So I'm very curious to see who the Pac-12 sends to San Antonio, starting to seem like Utah with these other misc. facts.  In that case, I think they need the longhorns in the Alamo City.  

33 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Why not aggy?

Because there is a next to zero chance both the Alamo and Texas bowl pass on Texas.

Alamo Bowl not my preference.   NYE game (why in that timeslot??) and a bad match up.  Both Notre Dame and Utah likely beat us handily but Texas/Notre Dame as the lead in to the CFP games could be fun.   I would think some in San Antonio would push for KSU just to sell hotel rooms.  But if everyone projecting Alamo seems like word has leaked and that's where it will be.

34 minutes ago, Rabidhorn said:

Why not aggy? a Shitty Texas team being a supposed almost MNC team would make my Christmas bright.

Because there is next to no chance Texas is still available when the Texas Bowl gets to choose.

Alamo or Camping World. USC, Utah, or Notre Dame. I can live with it, given how shitty the season was.

I know the Alamo Bowl is supposedly more prestigious, but there's something kind of depressing about getting in a bus and going down the road for your bowl game. "Come to Texas and you'll get to go to places like Lubbock, Stillwater, and now San Antonio!"

Playing Notre Dame in Florida all day if we have a choice. Which we don't. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

I know the Alamo Bowl is supposedly more prestigious, but there's something kind of depressing about getting in a bus and going down the road for your bowl game. "Come to Texas and you'll get to go to places like Lubbock, Stillwater, and now San Antonio!"

Agreed.  Although Alamo Bowl typically has a solid time slot.   Hate NYE for a good bowl game.  That should be reserved for the Liberty Bowl or Cheez-It Bowl or something.  There is a reason the CFP abandoned NYE once ratings tanked.

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, I'd much rather play Notre Dame in a new location where the players get some nice experiences than another trip to the Riverwalk. There's value in playing Notre Dame, as shitty as we are. There's not much value in playing Utah. I'd rather USC get the nod if we're going to the Alamo. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Chuba is still going to run wild against them. 

No real rumors, but I can see Chuba sitting out for the draft. What does he stand to gain? The risk of injury is higher. The bowl system is flawed on that respect, it means literally nothing but momentary pride.

Our backup has had a bad year. I’m not looking forward to the bowl especially if we might lose to fucking aggy. Any other year I’d be fine with beating their aggy ass.

Edited by 'stache

1 minute ago, 'stache said:

No real rumors, but I can see Chuba sitting out for the draft. What does he stand to gain? The risk of injury is higher. The bowl system is flawed on that respect, it means literally nothing but momentary pride.

Our backup has had a bad year. I’m not looking forward to the bowl especially if we might lose to fucking aggy. Any other year I’d be fine with beating their aggy ass.

God dammit Chuba! Playing that aggy defense might improve his draft stock when he rips off 200 yards. But yeah, you're probably right. Dammit. If I had my pick, I'd put KSU against aggy in that one. 

11 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I find it hard to believe that any stadium would be empty when the two teams playing are Notre Dame and Texas. 

so much history in this matchup, mostly bad for Texas, which is why ND is on my very short hate list, aside from OU.

I know I’m getting my hopes up only to have them deflated but how great of a day would it be to have us against ND in the Camping World Bowl that Saturday as the noon game and to have it then lead into the two playoff games that afternoon/evening (OU getting crushed and then a good Ohio State-Clemson game as the nightcap)?

f37e88c4823434fa86798b3f041efb04.jpg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Goddammit. Really dont want the Alamo bowl.. if thats where we land, i have to attend. Plz let it be camping world bowl

It may not be a playoff game but there is a lot of fun in drinking overpriced drinks on the Riverwalk and then stumbling over the Alamodome to see a bowl game. I'm not a UT or Utah fan and I may go. It's really the only time I'll ever go on the Riverwalk.

Edited by SimonBolivar

2 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

It may not be a playoff game but there is a lot of fun in drinking overpriced drinks on the Riverwalk and then stumbling over the Alamodome to see a bowl game. I'm not a UT or Utah fan and I may go. It's really the only time I'll ever go on the Riverwalk.

You know what's even more fun?  Drinking overpriced drinks on the Riverwalk and then NOT stumbling over the Alamodome to see a bowl game.