11.25.19 Coach Herman press conference Noon

bigup2dahorns

11 minutes ago, Burntcowboy said:

well he has nothing else.  he lost back to back, he's 1-2 vs. Texas teams, rape scandal Baylor is better, got blown out for the first time, his offense(calling card) is being made to look like little league, he lost at home this year, his awesome WR isn't even a Biletnikoff semi finalist, His "in the heisman talk" QB has completely regressed, his awesome DC is getting pantsed weekly.

he's got bowl eligible and that is it.  

I'd talk for 7 minutes about practice schedule, 5 about short week issues, and another 5 about injuries if I could as well.

• Like 1

we've done it.  we have actually crossed over in to bizarro world longhorn football.  that was about as bizarre as anything aggy has concocted.  every day we start going more and more aggy leads to an event horizon of karmic convergance.... where we play aggy, with this squad, and this coach, at this time.

dear god, save us all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

ravioli is the plural of ravioli. just one is a raviolo. 

Yep the nuance of Italian much like lasagne and lasagna with the former being one sheet of pasta and the latter being more than one.

I wish someone would have asked Herman about the playoffs...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

well he has nothing else.  he lost back to back, he's 1-2 vs. Texas teams, rape scandal Baylor is better, got blown out for the first time, his offense(calling card) is being made to look like little league, he lost at home this year, his awesome WR isn't even a Biletnikoff semi finalist, His "in the heisman talk" QB has completely regressed, his awesome DC is getting pantsed weekly.

he's got bowl eligible and that is it.  

I'd talk for 7 minutes about practice schedule, 5 about short week issues, and another 5 about injuries if I could as well.

and don't forget 6 minutes of love.  unconditional love.  showering love (no pedder).  love. love. love.

all you need is love.

If Tom Herman was my client here are the talking points I would make him commit to memory or at least write down to stay on point.  He is failing at the most basic part of his job which is to be a salesman for the program.  It's especially more important when you are losing:

1.  We can get to 8 wins with a victory Friday and  a bowl win, right now that is our focus and our message to the team. We cant hit our goals obviously, but we can set the tone for the off-season starting Friday.  Friday is our most important game for many reasons.

2. This season has not played out like we wanted, obviously, but we have to keep driving and working hard

3. Injuries have played a major role, no doubt, but we every program has to deal with them, we cant sulk or make it an excuse; we have to overcome. That is why its critical we develop depth and make recruiting a priority.  Recruiting is on everybody; how we handle this last game and our bowl game will set the tone

4. We... everyone, fans, media, coaches have to stay positive and focused on the long term plan; we have a process and a plan and its going to take time; the last thing we need is division and apathy. I understand losing can create a negative vibe, but we're staying positive as an organization.

5. We have to instill discipline, no excuses for penalties and missed tackles; those are mental and physical errors that have to be fixed and that's what we're working on.  We've had critical errors at the worst possible times.  The guys need to fix it; the coaches need to fix it, it has to hurt to improve, and the team is hurting , but now is when we need to come together and get a victory.

6. We had 10 wins last year, and we can get to 8 this year; no its not where we want to be based on where we finished last year; but 8 wins is something to build on considering  we left at least 1 win on the field (ISU).

7 At Texas we expect to compete for Championships and we didnt get it done this year, but the future is bright; we have a lot coming back next year.

Tom needs to learn leadership 101.  Effective communication is, in order,  tone, body language  and then words. The public perception he is putting off is terrible.  He needs CDC to sit him down and talk about public speaking and the message he is putting off. To come that press conference and essentially wing it is off putting at best. He is not prepared and its obvious. I guess $5M a year makes him think he is bullet proof.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

If Tom Herman was my client here are the talking points I would make him commit to memory or at least write down to stay on point.  He is failing at the most basic part of his job which is to be a salesman for the program.  It's especially more important when you are losing:

1.  We can get to 8 wins with a victory Friday and  a bowl win, right now that is our focus and our message to the team. We cant hit our goals obviously, but we can set the tone for the off-season starting Friday.  Friday is our most important game for many reasons.

2. This season has not played out like we wanted, obviously, but we have to keep driving and working hard

3. Injuries have played a major role, no doubt, but we every program has to deal with them, we cant sulk or make it an excuse; we have to overcome. That is why its critical we develop depth and make recruiting a priority.  Recruiting is on everybody; how we handle this last game and our bowl game will set the tone

4. We... everyone, fans, media, coaches have to stay positive and focused on the long term plan; we have a process and a plan and its going to take time; the last thing we need is division and apathy. I understand losing can create a negative vibe, but we're staying positive as an organization.

5. We have to instill discipline, no excuses for penalties and missed tackles; those are mental and physical errors that have to be fixed and that's what we're working on.  We've had critical errors at the worst possible times.  The guys need to fix it; the coaches need to fix it, it has to hurt to improve, and the team is hurting , but now is when we need to come together and get a victory.

6. We had 10 wins last year, and we can get to 8 this year; no its not where we want to be based on where we finished last year; but 8 wins is something to build on considering  we left at least 1 win on the field (ISU).

7 At Texas we expect to compete for Championships and we didnt get it done this year, but the future is bright; we have a lot coming back next year.

Tom needs to learn leadership 101.  Effective communication is, in order,  tone, body language  and then words. The public perception he is putting off is terrible.  He needs CDC to sit him down and talk about public speaking and the message he is putting off. To come that press conference and essentially wing it is off putting at best. He is not prepared and its obvious. I guess $5M a year makes him think he is bullet proof.

Perhaps momentum heading into the off season is overrated. Didn't we have momentum heading into the last offseason?

Media had the chance to pin him down and ask some tough questions to make Herman uncomfortable but instead they ask what the team is doing for thanksgiving, let him ramble on about showering kids with love, ask him what he’s thankful for and his favorite food. This is what pisses me off- we want answers with substance and get bullshit instead. Fuck Herman and fuck these guys.

if Herman was smart, he’d start by apologizing to players, their families and fans for letting this season spiral into a dumpster fire.

Edited by Billy Pilgrim

“They are doing XYZ, so we have to respond with ABC, and possibly on to DEF.”

I wish someone would jump on that and ask for the specific things those letters are representing, because it sounded like bullshit to me.

He also claimed he head butted his players every game 3 years at the Ohio state and then 2 at cougar high. Can we get a video corroboration of that?

1 minute ago, Minor Orangeblack said:

I wonder what Urban Meyer’s favorite Thanksgiving food is? If I had to guess, he would say whatever the vending machine has, while he is burning an all nighter at the office, game planning and prepping , looking for tendencies in his opponent  which he can exploit. 

Image result for urban meyer pizza

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I'm sick of the doom and gloom. I'm here for the optimism. I'll lead the way.

I think we catch some breaks against Tech. The ball will bounce our way. The home crowd will really inspire the boys. If everything comes together, just maybe, our loss to Tech will barely be by double-digits. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MAUFRAIS said:

“They are doing XYZ, so we have to respond with ABC, and possibly on to DEF.”

I wish someone would jump on that and ask for the specific things those letters are representing, because it sounded like bullshit to me.

He also claimed he head butted his players every game 3 years at the Ohio state and then 2 at cougar high. Can we get a video corroboration of that?

That would help explain the awkward hairline.

11 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I think a lot of good information, stuff people tune in for, came out of today's presser. Never would have thought it was raviolis.

Ravioli means your wife is a lazy ass bitch who doesn't cook. Tom probably does all the cooking & cleaning, picks up after the kids and takes them to school. That's why he doesn't have time to coach Texas football properly.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Tom doing staff changes? Time for South Austin Mom to update her resume.

My only qualifications are playing HS ball, and coaching my intramural team to the grad school championship in '99, but based on what I've seen so far, I think I'd be an upgrade over half of the current staff.

1 hour ago, bigup2dahorns said:

I’m late here but just want to point out that this schtick about accountability completely backfires when the players know most of their coaches are complete garbage and continue to collect massive paychecks every month.

I have to assume basically every player on the squad knows this guy is a hypocrit and hates him for it.

45 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

All this does is get us Mack Brown with a shittier record. I largely don’t care what he says if we lose 4-5 games every year 

• Like 2