6figs/"Trust the Hamm" greatest hits

Machinator

Her story of them taking bets reminds me of my time at Pappasito's in Austin in the mid/late 90's. We had a woman who cried on damned near every shift. Had been working there for years, and when she got in the weeds, she fucking broke down, hard, and was a pill the rest of the shift. I come in for a shift one Friday afternoon after class and the head waiter is in the back with a brown sack, taking $5/person for a pool from the waiters/waitresses to see which person could make her cry first on the shift. It was like a psychological experiment conducted by Milgram or something. People totally acting out of character for a $70 pot. One of the females that chipped in was damned near the worst. Anyway, one of my buddies won in less than 15 minutes from the shift start. 

Yeah, it's fucking terrible. But it was also sadly and absurdly comical to watch. No, I didn't participate, primarily because I was raising a little girl and thought that kind of thing was shitty to actually act on. Still do. That considered, that was easily the best job I ever had. Pure meritocracy with the waitstaff and we could work overtime.

Any who, where were we?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Her story of them taking bets reminds me of my time at Pappasito's in Austin in the mid/late 90's. We had a woman who cried on damned near every shift. Had been working there for years, and when she got in the weeds, she fucking broke down, hard, and was a pill the rest of the shift. I come in for a shift one Friday afternoon after class and the head waiter is in the back with a brown sack, taking $5/person for a pool from the waiters/waitresses to see which person could make her cry first on the shift. It was like a psychological experiment conducted by Milgram or something. People totally acting out of character for a $70 pot. One of the females that chipped in was damned near the worst. Anyway, one of my buddies won in less than 15 minutes from the shift start. 

Yeah, it's fucking terrible. But it was also sadly and absurdly comical to watch. No, I didn't participate, primarily because I was raising a little girl and thought that kind of thing was shitty to actually act on. Still do. That considered, that was easily the best job I ever had. Pure meritocracy with the waitstaff and we could work overtime.

Any who, where were we?

Here I was thinking you were in your 50's maybe even 60's when you're really in your mid 40's.  Feels like you are one of TH homies

Karen on her job 

Hi Steve. I sell branded mostly custom built merchandise to O&G as well as PPE and FR apparel. We do online company store design and fulfillment. Rewards and Recognition programs. Etc. I also have non Of&G clients in the Defense Contractor market and in mainstreamm like Omni Hotels Int.

Right....

Try finishing better than 4th in the West before you start talking about a “natty”. I hope 🤞 she’s talking about drinking a natty because there is no way the aggys will play for one, let alone win one in the next 5 years. 

May I suggest that all the aggy sunshine pumpers start drinking White Claws....because there are no laws....when you are drinking claws. 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 11:39 AM, closetojumping said:

Her story of them taking bets reminds me of my time at Pappasito's in Austin in the mid/late 90's.

Not sure how I've never caught that tidbit before.  I worked there for about a year in 1998-1999.  Agreed on it being a great job.