The Senate Trial of Donald J Trump 2020

tx 3 putt

1 hour ago, ndawg said:

Y’all gotta start recognizing when folks are arguing in bad faith.

If a Dem were president, none of these pro-Trump fascists would be arguing the economy is any good. They’d be arguing that the deficit is out of control, that the quality of jobs is declining, and that the next recession is going to be the Dem’s fault.

I assume you recall the howling outrage over the use of U3 as an unemployment metric.  How's that working out for you, Trumpkins?  Oh, NOW it's a good baramoter of unemployment?

Transparent fools, every one of you.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I assume you recall the howling outrage over the use of U3 as an unemployment metric.  How's that working out for you, Trumpkins?  Oh, NOW it's a good baramoter of unemployment?

They also howled about how terrible 2% growth is.

Now it's the best economy of all time.

OK.

38 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Moreover, so long as you had continuous coverage, HIPAA reduced or eliminated the 12 month exclusion period (meaning coverage that had breaks no longer than 63 days).

This is where a lot people fell into the Preexisting condition trap. Get laid off and the clock starts ticking or you violate that grace period and are forever fucked. Granted, there was COBRA which costed more than you usually paid while employed, which makes sense because it should cost more once you are unemployed. This way if you can't afford insurance while unemployed you can never be covered for any previous diagnosed condition again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Insurance talk in the Senate Trial Topic not going away....

Now that the President is free to do as he pleases, this *reminder from Ms. Hill is appropriate now that Trump will be credentialing new Ambassadors today:

This is not over, not by a long shot. We had for a number of years, a robust layer of civil servants who protected our country from untoward sources and influences as much as they wee able. Now erryone open to the highest bidder.

*From USA Today:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2020/02/05/trump-acquitted-senate-impeachment-trial-heres-what-we-learned/2858160001/

With Trump in the Whitehouse, we have no secrets any more. Does anybody believe otherwise?

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Lol. I forget who on tos was arguing Obama's unemployment numbers were fake and couldn't possibly be that good.

Flash forward to yesterday and Sack insinuating Trump's Best Economy Ever can't be responsible for creating a million and a half fewer jobs than Obama's last 3 years cuz the country's near full employment.

Now that the "trial" is over, can the media or House or somebody start connecting the obvious dots?  It wasn't so much the Biden investigation that held up the aide, it was the pressure from Russia?  I realize that was never gonna be proven in an Impeachment hearing because it's a largely domestic situation.  But we can now talk about it, Bolton can sure as shit talk about it.  The holdup is a lot more about Russia than people realize.  But I guess his base won't give a shit.  

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I have better coverage if I get sick or injured than an aca plan.  

Gee so you save money with a non-complaint (thus less coverage) and then in the next breath "It's better than an aca plan."

The funny fucking thing is you probably believe both statements of contradictory fact can be true. Which is an impossibility.  I have no doubt that you believe the BS you are spouting , but it's funny to me to see people who are so obviously full of crap insist they are not. 

Edited by horn4life

1 hour ago, F250 said:

This is where a lot people fell into the Preexisting condition trap. Get laid off and the clock starts ticking or you violate that grace period and are forever fucked. Granted, there was COBRA which costed more than you usually paid while employed, which makes sense because it should cost more once you are unemployed. This way if you can't afford insurance while unemployed you can never be covered for any previous diagnosed condition again.

Yes, the penalty for being poor is fines.

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

Gee so you save money with a non-complaint (thus less coverage) and then in the next breath "It's better than an aca plan."

The funny fucking thing is you probably believe both statements of contradictory fact can be true. Which is an impossibility.  I have no doubt that you believe the BS you are spouting , but it's funny to me to see people who are so obviously full of crap insist they are not. 

You misunderstand.  It is noncompliant because it is underwritten, not because it has less coverage.  The coverage is better than ACA.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-donald-trump-impeachment-backfires-kass-20200206-5x55vtyihvbr3byvudg5cmai5y-story.html

Trump impeachment backfires on Democrats, and Nancy Pelosi has a meltdown

To some of her most ardent, childlike fans, Pelosi’s temper tantrum made her seem like something of an epic heroine.

Oddly, many adults don’t see Pelosi as a heroine. They don’t see her as the Childlike Empress of “The NeverEnding Story.” And they probably don’t even see Pelosi as Boudica, the fierce warrior queen of the Celts.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

orly?

Ehhh, this could be legitimate.  Export control is a bitch when dealing with direct sale to foreign countries of defense materials.  

After reading, this seems like another squeeze, but one they cant really get in trouble for.  This isn't appropriated, its direct sales between US companies and the Ukraine.  They can bury stuff as long as they want through the guise of export control.  

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Oh another opinion article.  Good contribution.

From Kass's piece on a Clarence Thomas film: 

The film is in theaters, released at the beginning of Black History Month. It will not receive a media buzz, because Thomas’ story is deeply threatening to the liberal orthodoxy.

And it threatens Joe Biden, now campaigning for president, who was one of those white liberal Democratic senators who tried to destroy Thomas and failed.

29 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

https://www.chicagotribune.com/columns/john-kass/ct-donald-trump-impeachment-backfires-kass-20200206-5x55vtyihvbr3byvudg5cmai5y-story.html

Trump impeachment backfires on Democrats, and Nancy Pelosi has a meltdown

To some of her most ardent, childlike fans, Pelosi’s temper tantrum made her seem like something of an epic heroine.

Oddly, many adults don’t see Pelosi as a heroine. They don’t see her as the Childlike Empress of “The NeverEnding Story.” And they probably don’t even see Pelosi as Boudica, the fierce warrior queen of the Celts.

A piece about a tantrum in a Trump thread that isn't about Trump.  The irony is delicious.

15 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

you sure? delicious like people describe stinky cheese as being when in fact it tastes and smells like rotting corpses?

Interesting.  Have you ever flown with a soccer team over the Andes, at least partway? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You misunderstand.  It is noncompliant because it is underwritten, not because it has less coverage.  The coverage is better than ACA.

If you don't stop shitting over this thread with ACA talk there's gonna be a fatwa.

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

Now that the "trial" is over, can the media or House or somebody start connecting the obvious dots?  It wasn't so much the Biden investigation that held up the aide, it was the pressure from Russia?  I realize that was never gonna be proven in an Impeachment hearing because it's a largely domestic situation.  But we can now talk about it, Bolton can sure as shit talk about it.  The holdup is a lot more about Russia than people realize.  But I guess his base won't give a shit.  

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg?itok=g_prHXK

10 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Nothing to see here.  Crimea is already lost to Russia forever, per Pompeo.  Why waste taxpayer funds on arms shipments for a war that is already over?

Pompeo oversees the State Dept., which approves exports/sales of defense articles.  And I don't believe this is taxpayer money, it sounds like it's direct commercial sales from US companies to Ukraine that are being held up.  So he not only was holding up taxpayer funded aid, now he's hamstringing US businesses.

Just now, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Pompeo oversees the State Dept., which approves exports/sales of defense articles.  And I don't believe this is taxpayer money, it sounds like it's direct commercial sales from US companies to Ukraine that are being held up.  So he not only was holding up taxpayer funded aid, now he's hamstringing US businesses.

I was assuming it was US taxpayer money that Ukraine would be using to complete these sales.

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

I was assuming it was US taxpayer money that Ukraine would be using to complete these sales.

So cut out the middleman and just put it directly into the contractor pockets and give Russia the go ahead on the land regrab? Sounds about right. Finland better watch their backside.

Just now, Mrs Whiggins said:

So cut out the middleman and just put it directly into the contractor pockets and give Russia the go ahead on the land regrab? Sounds about right. Finland better watch their backside.

Finland doesn't need a shitload of complex weapons.  Just a few rifles, properly sighted in....

00-simohayha.jpg

I'll send 'em a few Academy gift cards, and the Russians will be fucked.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

pre aca there were protections for people with preexisting conditions.  They had insurance and could keep it so long as there was no gap.  

Maybe some states had laws protecting pre-existing conditions, but many didn't as evidenced by how many only started filing and passing laws to protect against pre-existing conditions, discrimination, and lifetime caps after the GOP began their attempts to repeal the ACA.

Why would states have to start passing laws for something that supposedly already existed?

• Fuck You 1

The only other Treasury audit that took this much time that shared this much in common in terms of net worth size, closely-held business complexity, and international income was Jeffrey Epstein.  True story, Trumpkins.  Your boy is gunning for yet another worthy record.  Jesus, Sam Giancana's took a third of this time.  And my father was listed on it. 

Just now, Tom said:

Maybe some states had laws protecting pre-existing conditions, but many didn't as evidenced by how many only started filing and passing laws to protect against pre-existing conditions, discrimination, and lifetime caps after the GOP began their attempts to repeal the ACA.

Why would states have to start passing laws for something that supposedly already existed?

HIPAA is a federal law.

• Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He's being audited, man. Very complex. We're too stupid to understand them even if they were released. We wouldn't even be able to see that he's a billionaire.

Just so everyone is aware, while the law making tax returns confidential permits various agencies and congress to inspect them, there is no right under the statutory law for the agencies or congress to make the returns public.

26 USC 6103

Trump is going to lose all his court cases about tax returns and most financial information.  We still aren't going to see his tax returns.  Lawfully, anyway.  There's no accounting for leaks.

Edited by TwiceHorn

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

HIPAA is a federal law.

HIPAA can’t protect you if you only have an individual insurance plan, so an insurance company can still refuse to give you insurance based on a pre-existing condition…that is until 2014 at which point, the Affordable Care Act (aka ObamaCare) went into full effect and health insurance companies no longer are able to discriminate against people with pre-existing conditions. 

• Like 1

Just now, JimmyJames said:

Which sack and his lying ass and his criminal party want to and are currently trying to repeal. 

Any more lies to tell sack? 

I said HIPAA has protections for preexisting conditions.  It does.  Whether they are adequate or not is a policy question.  But to claim protections for preexisting conditions started with ACA or go away if it does is a boldface lie by lunatics in your batshit crazy party that is either too stupid or too corrupt to count votes.

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I said HIPAA has protections for preexisting conditions.  It does.  Whether they are adequate or not is a policy question.  But to claim protections for preexisting conditions started with ACA or go away if it does is a boldface lie by lunatics in your batshit crazy party that is either too stupid or too corrupt to count votes.

They aren’t adequate which is why your hated Obamacare was passed in the first place, or else guys like you would be trying to repeal HIPAA.

But just keep lying, nobody here believes a word you say.