Richmond Rally - January 20, 2020

atomheartbevo

3 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

where's @TahoeHorn? Remember how terrified you were by these guys?

What's your take on (illegally) masked armed men demonstrating their weapons in the capital of the confederacy on the day we honor the central figure of the black civil rights movement?

You know full well that he either won’t be anywhere to be found or he’ll gin up some sort of woe-is-us hysteria to miraculously justify it by showing us that this is “totally different.”

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Like anyone that spends all of their free time preparing for some giant catastrophe, these guys are praying so much for the race wars or WTSHTF world.

I cringe when sheriffs are starting to decide what state laws they will and will not follow. If they agree on that action, then any sheriff can decide on any state law. I know they feel this stance is somehow analogous to so-called immigration sanctuary cities but it's not.

People of color:  They've been doing this for a while, dontcha know?

But yes, it's always disconcerting to hear those who are charged with enforcing the law openly and flagrantly deciding that they are dismissing the roles of lawmakers and law interpreters (legislators and judges/juries).

One may say they have anointed themselves judge, jury and executioner.

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Never fucking once in my life did I have any desire to spend thousands of dollars to do “warfighter” cosplay, which is EXACTLY what these fucking tools are doing. It’s fucking pathetic, sad, and childish. If it didn’t involve weapons that are dead fucking serious, it would be a comic footnote.

“THESE ARE JUST FIREARMS, RIFLES, THESE AREN'T MILITARY ASSAULT WEPONS OF DEATH, WHY ARE YOU SAYING THAT?!”

Proceeds to dress up in military-style clothing, dons body armor and helmet, and replicates Call of Duty cosplay.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The saving grace is that every one of these emotionally and intellectually fragile snowflakes thinks that HE is the Rambo hero who will be called upon to save us all. Thus, HE should lead the revolution, not that asshole Dennis, who drives a fucking Honda, for chrissakes. And not that fucktard Steve, either - everyone knows that Steve has shitty vision and can’t even hold down a warehouse job.

This sounds like a good premise for a Coen brothers film. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

People of color:  They've been doing this for a while, dontcha know?

But yes, it's always disconcerting to hear those who are charged with enforcing the law openly and flagrantly deciding that they are dismissing the roles of lawmakers and law interpreters (legislators and judges/juries).

One may say they have anointed themselves judge, jury and executioner.

That’s a solid Republican county.  

That sheriff only won by less than 100 votes.  

https://results.elections.virginia.gov/vaelections/2019 November General/Site/Locality/GRAYSON COUNTY/Index.html

10 minutes ago, hpslugga said:

You know full well that he either won’t be anywhere to be found or he’ll gin up some sort of woe-is-us hysteria to miraculously justify it by showing us that this is “totally different.”

On a doughnut run.  Fo sho.

39 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

He's not someone I listen to, but if I were, I'd be scratching my head.

After calling the governor a POS and saying the governor is a 'globalist,'  Alex says the governor is trying to incite a civil war but that civil war 2 ain't happening and the attendees aren't going to fall for it, that they were banding together as patriots blah blah blah and this is a civil war against the new world order...

So which is it? A civil war or a not civil war? What an idiot.

What you have to understand about Alex Jones is he's to the extremist white nationalist what fox news is to the regular old republican. He makes his money by pandering to these idiots but he has to be careful not to lead them too far because if they do something stupid and start getting themselves killed he 1) is now a target of the government because he's leading them and 2) he loses his monatization. That's why he'll always blame the government or democrats of wanting to start a civil war but will never actually go through with any of it. In fact he'll go out of his way to avoid it. Keep the sheep in line and coming back for more while also keeping them alive so they can keep funding you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

There is already a federal background check system in place and the so-called "universal background check" has never been proven to be a deterrent to crime. Why should there be a limit on the number of handgun purchases you can make per month? Why should cities be allowed to circumvent state law? Why should a constitutional right be suspended on the accusation of a potential misdemeanor? Not as simple as Nate makes it out to be.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Like anyone that spends all of their free time preparing for some giant catastrophe, these guys are praying so much for the race wars or WTSHTF world.

I cringe when sheriffs are starting to decide what state laws they will and will not follow. If they agree on that action, then any sheriff can decide on any state law. I know they feel this stance is somehow analogous to so-called immigration sanctuary cities but it's not.

Lots of us were screaming about this when California began to roll out its sanctuary city policies. If the left was going to use this with immigration then the right is eventually going to use this with guns. This was inevitable unfortunately. 

The Supreme Court of the United States will judge whether the Virginia Gun Laws pass Constitutional muster. The laws may violate the Second Amendment and infringe on a fundamental right of all Americans as guaranteed by the Constitution. This will not and should not be settled on the streets. That only creates more calls for restrictions on the right to own and bear arms. 

7 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

The Supreme Court of the United States will judge whether the Virginia Gun Laws pass Constitutional muster. The laws may violate the Second Amendment and infringe on a fundamental right of all Americans as guaranteed by the Constitution. This will not and should not be settled on the streets. That only creates more calls for restrictions on the right to own and bear arms. 

The fact that THESE are the faces of "gun rights"...

EOvGKQ5WkAETHWp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Does us no fucking favors.

When the rest of America thinks of "gun owners," they don't think of regular, sane people -- folks like you and me, who have firearms (maybe even several) for the type of purposes we grew up with: hunting, sport shooting, maybe home defense.  Instead, they think of these nimrods, who are fucking idiots just waiting, with their finger on the trigger, to start shootin'!

Gun owners are their own worst enemy.  But hey, the companies that make tactical gear and mags and AR accessories are cleaning up, and that's what's really important here.  Get while the gettin' is good, and damn the long-term consequences.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

EOvGKQ5WkAETHWp?format=jpg&name=900x900

Does us no fucking favors.

When the rest of America thinks of "gun owners," they don't think of regular, sane people -- folks like you and me, who have firearms (maybe even several) for the type of purposes we grew up with: hunting, sport shooting, maybe home defense.  Instead, they think of these nimrods, who are fucking idiots just waiting, with their finger on the trigger, to start shootin'!

Gun owners are their own worst enemy.  But hey, the companies that make tactical gear and mags and AR accessories are cleaning up, and that's what's really important here.  Get while the gettin' is good, and damn the long-term consequences.

A-men. 

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Does us no fucking favors

Agreed. I'm pro gun beyond belief but would never show up to a political rally dressed like this. It sends the wrong message. I can't stand those Moms Demand folks but I'll give them credit for their "appearance" at gatherings.

• Like 2

I imagine 90% of the rally are people that are dressed more normal but the media will key on the nuts.  Even FN.com has these 2 on their main story page.  What's the "silent..." logo that many of the tactical brotherhood all seem to be wearing on their chest?

And I would love to see everyone in tactical gear run a standard military obstacle course.  Imagine it would look like some early scene from Stripes.

richmond-rally-2.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Agreed. I'm pro gun beyond belief but would never show up to a political rally dressed like this. It sends the wrong message. I can't stand those Moms Demand folks but I'll give them credit for their "appearance" at gatherings.

To go further down that road, the fact that there is no "reasonable" voice (that's being heard, at least) on the "gun rights" side is a killer.  While I see the gun rights crowd trying to scream about how gun control folks are insane gun grabbers....the gun control groups really aren't coming across that way.  Sure, you get a Beto saying every so often that we're coming for your AKs, but here's the bad news, man -- MOST regular folks don't think that having an AK is particularly wise or necessary, so that doesn't freak out anyone BUT the hardcore "don't touch my guns" crowd.

If there was a voice of the gun rights side who could speak up with sanity and say that "with any right, there has always been some balancing - the right of free speech doesn't give you the right to shout 'fire' in a crowded theater.  We must be sure that in any such balancing we do not lose the right that is to be protected.  We must protect the right to keep and bear arms.  We must also deal with our changed society and the changed nature of modern firearms.  We welcome that conversation."  Or something like that.  But there really isn't.  Nope, when gun issues come up, we get Alex fucking Jones in a fucking APC.

As gun owners, we need to get used to the fact that we're going to see our rights erode like a motherfucker, and in the end, we'll only have our fellow gun owners, wearing $3,000 worth of "tactical" gear down to their socks, who will accept no changes, no compromise, not nothing, to blame.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I imagine 90% of the rally are people that are dressed more normal but the media will key on the nuts.  Even FN.com has these 2 on their main story page.  What's the "silent..." logo that many of the tactical brotherhood all seem to be wearing on their chest?

And I would love to see everyone in tactical gear run a standard military obstacle course.  Imagine it would look like some early scene from Stripes.

The media doesn't need to pick those people out.  There the bulk of what's out there.  I work a couple of blocks from our capitol.  When there have been events like this in the past, even small ones, the bulk of the gun crowd looked something like this.  Walk out of my building, and see an angry white guy with an AR at a low-ready.  Shake my head and move on, and damned well realize that in most places, if a black guy did that, he'd already be on the ground cuffed or dead.

It's just fucking pathetic.

But....at least THAT guy looks like he may be getting some, so good on him.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

As gun owners, we need to get used to the fact that we're going to see our rights erode like a motherfucker, and in the end, we'll only have our fellow gun owners, wearing $3,000 worth of "tactical" gear down to their socks, who will accept no changes, no compromise, not nothing, to blame.

If you see any Arc'Teryx LEAF gear in that crowd, they should be armed forces or LEO. Arc'Teryx will not sell their armed forces/leo gear to wannabes. Good policy. 

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/us/en/

8 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

If you see any Arc'Teryx LEAF gear in that crowd, they should be armed forces or LEO. Arc'Teryx will not sell their armed forces/leo gear to wannabes. Good policy. 

https://leaf.arcteryx.com/us/en/

MAN!  That just means they're working with the DEEP STATE!  They are denying that equipment to WE THE PEOPLE, DON'T TREAD ON ME, I KNOW MY RIGHTS!

Seriously, that's how this plays.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

The media doesn't need to pick those people out.  There the bulk of what's out there.  I work a couple of blocks from our capitol.  When there have been events like this in the past, even small ones, the bulk of the gun crowd looked something like this.  Walk out of my building, and see an angry white guy with an AR at a low-ready.  Shake my head and move on, and damned well realize that in most places, if a black guy did that, he'd already be on the ground cuffed or dead.

It's just fucking pathetic.

But....at least THAT guy looks like he may be getting some, so good on him.

I always thought it would be funny for a group of black dudes to get together, put on hoodies and baggy pants and walk around highland park, alamo heights, river oaks toting ARs with 10 clips. The hypocritical outrage from the homeowners would be delicious. 

• Like 2

I will never understand the horniness level some in this country have for guns and the lengths they take it to. Yes, it's your right to have them. Yeah, blah blah blah, American Revolution. Do people take their horniness level to the level of people like these LARPers for the other amendments in the Bill of Rights? I guess comedians used to back in the 50s and 60s when they were being hauled off over obscenity laws. Not a lot of people dressing up to make sure their 5th Amendment rights are not infringed. I guess you got guys like VAPA for the 4th Amendment. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lagunamadre said:

I always thought it would be funny for a group of black dudes to get together, put on hoodies and baggy pants and walk around highland park, alamo heights, river oaks toting ARs with 10 clips. The hypocritical outrage from the homeowners would be delicious. 

Wouldn't have time to be outraged.  Cops would put em in cuffs or in the ground before the third 911 call was made.

43 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If God would have wanted you up there he would have miracled your ass up there by now, wouldn't he?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

What's your take on (illegally) masked armed men demonstrating their weapons in the capital of the confederacy on the day we honor the central figure of the black civil rights movement?

No, WE are honoring a central figure of the black civil rights movement.  THEY are honoring Robert E Lee's birthday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Yeah, but the guys in your video are black.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

What you have to understand about Alex Jones is he's to the extremist white nationalist what fox news is to the regular old republican. He makes his money by pandering to these idiots but he has to be careful not to lead them too far because if they do something stupid and start getting themselves killed he 1) is now a target of the government because he's leading them and 2) he loses his monatization. That's why he'll always blame the government or democrats of wanting to start a civil war but will never actually go through with any of it. In fact he'll go out of his way to avoid it. Keep the sheep in line and coming back for more while also keeping them alive so they can keep funding you. 

Jones has been paving the way for this rally for about a week now, saying that some shit might well go down, but if it does, it will be a false flag attack. So if a guy with an extensively documented past as a white nationalist gun nut runs amok, Jones will say he had been a Deep State deep-cover sleeper cell plant all along and "I told you there would be a false flag attack."

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

If there was a voice of the gun rights side who could speak up with sanity and say that "with any right, there has always been some balancing - the right of free speech doesn't give you the right to shout 'fire' in a crowded theater.   

A wise friend of mine has said that's what Dubya should be making of his retirement. Carter built houses for poor folks. Bush Jr could bring back sanity to the gun debate. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

The media doesn't need to pick those people out.  There the bulk of what's out there.  

Having attended a similar rally -- a Russian troll-concocted "defense" of Hermann Park's Sam Houston statue from a non-existent Antifa threat -- can confirm.

You've got your tactical crowd, your weekend warrior bikers, and your neo-Confederates. The tactical bunch includes some former service members, but a good many of that subset turn out to be stolen valor types who either inflate their service records beyond reason or washed out of basic training completely. Sometimes all of those traits combine in one SuperSolider of the MahGunz Army -- a weekend warrior biker with both Confederate and US military patches on his tactical gear. A service dog adds a nice touch. The Houston rally also attracted some meth-addled The Pines Have Eyes types down from the Big Thicket -- Lord knows their Virginia cuzzins from the Smoky Mountains and the Great Dismal Swamp alike are attending the Richmond rally too.

The only preppy-looking dudes you see at these things are Richard Spencer-style alt-right Nazis and one of them got his ass kicked at the Houston rally by a Mexican army vet Oath Keeper. I really do believe this crowd loves guns a little bit more than they hate the cullids, but it's close.  

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

if the guy had the full on gungasm look that his lady friend has here this may be the photo of the year

and its fucking frightening

This is pretty much all it comes down to.  Dipshits that don't like people who look or act different than them.  It's a very basic human defense mechanism that they should have grown out of by adulthood, but alas.

Some people are just uncomfortable in groups of people and coupled with low self esteem they seek out similarly disaffected people while also seeking out differentiators that they can try to use as a cudgel to tear down others because they have not been successful in building themselves up or recognizing they needed help.

Well that is my run on sentence opinion.