Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
jettrink

The Official Colt McCoy 2020 Destination Thread

Recommended Posts

I have no opinion other than the fact that it's weird that someone would start this thread in the middle of the biggest football game of the year.  There's 8 months of off-season after this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I have no opinion other than the fact that it's weird that someone would start this thread in the middle of the biggest football game of the year.  There's 8 months of off-season after this.

I don't know if it's a "fact" but I agree it's weird to start this thread now.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, you are right I worded that wrong .  The fact is that I find it weird.  I agree that the weirdness is up for debate, but I don't give a shit enough to debate it. 

Back on track: cowboys.  Do it Jerry.

Fact: won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I have no opinion other than the fact that it's weird that someone would start this thread in the middle of the biggest football game of the year.  There's 8 months of off-season after this.

the biggest football game of the year took place a few weeks back.  LSU won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, T’Boo Ted Marshall said:

I assume he was cut?

IIRC, his contract expired.   He didn't even return to DC.  He had cleaned out his locker, said goodbye to his teammates, and took his final physical in the locker room in Dallas after the last game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Ok, you are right I worded that wrong .  The fact is that I find it weird.  I agree that the weirdness is up for debate, but I don't give a shit enough to debate it. 

Back on track: cowboys.  Do it Jerry.

Fact: won't happen.

I know, I'm just messing with you. 

Now how do you get -88 rep when you have a name like Jett Rink?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

He’s done. 

I hope so.  He's made a ton of dough, he's secured a pension.  He's got a hot (stupid) wife (with a big mouth).  

Enjoy life Colt.  Don't get your brains pulverized. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

I hope so.  He's made a ton of dough, he's secured a pension.  He's got a hot (stupid) wife (with a big mouth).  

Enjoy life Colt.  Don't get your brains pulverized. 

Yep he got full pension this year, and won’t be earning any higher money to increase that, so unless he has just wasted all the money he’s earned (I doubt it) he should just cash it in and come back home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

the biggest football game of the year took place a few weeks back.  LSU won. 

Ok, I guess I was assuming the viewer numbers for the super bowl was/will be significantly higher than the NCG, but I'll wait until the game is over.  Also, don't care, I won't be looking up those stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll guess retirement and real estate 

also, he’ll never have to pay for a meal or drink in Austin again 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Red Five said:

More like one commercial shown a billion times. 

... with Ship... and boots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Owning a ton of Dunkin' Donuts franchises is going to keep him busy - not a bad gig if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Bring more Dunkin donuts to austin!
Although that did autocorrect to Dublin donuts...might be something there.

Dr. Pepper flavored donuts might be something I would try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So McCoy has made roughly $22million in earnings if I’m piecing things together correctly. Say he’s pulled in another $1million in endorsements as a floor. He plays another 2 years as a backup at $2/year and I’m not sure that trade works in his favor. That’s $2.6-ish after taxes versus long term health implications. If the dude has $10 million in the bank, he could be making $500k conservatively each year, plus earnings for other work. I’d be done with the grind, personally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Bring more Dunkin donuts to austin!
Although that did autocorrect to Dublin donuts...might be something there.

An Irish Car Bomb donut would be a great way to get your day started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would think he'd like to go into coaching.  But that could be tough if they want to stay in Southwest Austin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Grippe said:

Owning a ton of Dunkin' Donuts franchises is going to keep him busy - not a bad gig if you ask me.


Keeping your DD franchises can be a lot of work.

 

5 hours ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

Bring more Dunkin donuts to austin!
Although that did autocorrect to Dublin donuts...might be something there.

Made with real sugar instead of HFCS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the super bowl is kinda like an industry convention for players, so I thought Colt might be out and about.  Just wanted to know if y'all had any insights.  Me, I hope he gets out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping Patriots. 

Either way, make that $ Colt! 

(fuck you Browns for almost getting him killed)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck yeah Colt!  Hook 'em.  Beat the fuck outta that shit organization you just got out of twice a year!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/3/2020 at 10:43 AM, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Dr. Pepper flavored donuts might be something I would try.

I was thinking whisky donuts. Not flavored though. Just some irish whisky next to a few donuts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does he still get paid if there’s no season?
They just did a new CBA. No idea. MLB players are currently getting $1100 per week from the union, or at least that is what I heard on barstool radio. Not sure of hockey or nba.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, markstanco said:
2 hours ago, 4th&Five said:
Does he still get paid if there’s no season?

They just did a new CBA. No idea. MLB players are currently getting $1100 per week from the union, or at least that is what I heard on barstool radio. Not sure of hockey or nba.

Saw this earlier regarding athlete pay scenarios

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2020/03/18/coronavirus-impacting-sports-and-professional-athletes-getting-paid/5068551002/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, TexasGary said:

He has Jason Garrett as his OC.  What could go wrong?

6m3be.jpg

 

Edited by RPM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, Blotto said:

Sounds like the MLS lawyers are going to all get fired.

The MLS owners might not even notice the players' salaries coming out of their bank accounts.

 

 

3 hours ago, TexasGary said:

He has Jason Garrett as his OC.  What could go wrong?

 

1 hour ago, markstanco said:
3 hours ago, TexasGary said:
He has Jason Garrett as his OC.  What could go wrong?

Colt does well with coaches that clap.


I'm guessing that Garrett sees a lot of himself in Colt. Less red hair, more Jesus, but pretty similar approach to the game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...