Jump to content
Awful horrible bad shit is happening in the USA right now, if you are afraid of your fucking feelings getting hurt this isn't the website for you. ×
Drew

Let's stop Probably Racist Practices/Bias by making a slightly less Racist Practice?

Recommended Posts

38 minutes ago, Iceman said:

gave him shit for leaving the lockerroom and standing at the edge of the tunnel for the anthem.  Tomlin challenged a former  Green Beret and graduate of West Point's commitment to some idiotic lockerroom directive, when bigger principles were in play.  there was zero chance Villanuava was going along with the bullshit move, and as a leader Tomlin should have recognized it.  Instead, he was petty.

 

I know Villanueva is of Spanish descent.  It was a shot at the scorekeepers.  They fell for it.

 

Is this what you mean by giving him shit? 

"Tomlin said Villanueva, a former Army Ranger, has no reason to apologize for coming out toward the field for the anthem while his teammates stood back in the tunnel. Villanueva said he felt as though he threw his teammates “under the bus” by not standing with them.

“Al’s got a unique story,” Tomlin said. “It’s a shame to put him in that position because he is a team guy and has always been a team guy. We work very hard to be united as a team when things are aimed at us.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/26/mike-tomlin-steelers-anthem-protest-alejandro-villanueva-nfl-donald-trumo/stories/201709260118

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Iceman said:

nope.  Just calling a spade a spade.  and the usual suspects are here to defect poor ole black corches who can't help theyselves.

store update GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Terrible idea....hire best person, period.

Hell Ozzie Newsome killed it with ravens for years and left them a pretty nice going away gift in Lamar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welp ... we all kmew it was just a matter of time:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, WBT said:

What do you get for a woman coach?

"Let's go.  Run it again."

Hire a woman as HC and she gets to pick all the first rounders for every team, you know, since women like telling everyone else what to do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jesus Christ now the football board is infected with the cloak room jerkoffs 

Yea I scrolled up and that douche David Denison as well is here.

Why doesn't[mention=397]immamac[/mention] not keep them from posting outside of cloak?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The idea that just because the majority of players are black, that means a bunch of owners and coaches and GMs should be black is asinine.  Front office jobs and coaching are completely different skill sets than being a player. Since majority of players are black, it makes sense the best way for white guys to get into the game is through another avenue, like coaching or scouting, etc.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

 

Is this what you mean by giving him shit? 

"Tomlin said Villanueva, a former Army Ranger, has no reason to apologize for coming out toward the field for the anthem while his teammates stood back in the tunnel. Villanueva said he felt as though he threw his teammates “under the bus” by not standing with them.

“Al’s got a unique story,” Tomlin said. “It’s a shame to put him in that position because he is a team guy and has always been a team guy. We work very hard to be united as a team when things are aimed at us.”

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2017/09/26/mike-tomlin-steelers-anthem-protest-alejandro-villanueva-nfl-donald-trumo/stories/201709260118

That wasn't his first reaction...

He's pissed that Villanueva deviated from the "100% team participation."  What you are citing is damage control after Tomlin realized he fucked up with his comments.

 

Edited by Iceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Considering the percentage of players that are black, does that ratio not seem strange to you?

Pretty sure I didn’t say anything to that affect or implied it.

Not only is the idea that the number of player of a certain race means the number of coaches should be the same color completely backwards, but the idea that you should reward teams for hiring possibly less qualified candidates just to push an agenda is crazy.

I was very clear saying that they absolutely need to address the disparity in minority coaches/GMs.

But this practice could be considered racist as well. Now qualified white candidates would have less of a chance.

I understand that it’s been happening Forever for minority candidates but you don’t improve racial inequality by adding more on the other side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't say were were implying anything, did I?  But I asked: if 50% of the players are black and say, 10% are coaches, wouldn't you wonder why?  

How would you know what candidates are qualified and which ones are less qualified?

Yes, and it could be racist, "two wrongs don't make a right," etc.  OK, you don't think this is the right way to go about changing things.  

If you agree the player/coach ratios are off and there is something causing it, do you do something or not?

People always bitch about Title IX, too.  But they aren't going to treat people equally unless they are forced to.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

But they aren't going to treat people equally unless they are forced to.

 

wrong. I mean it's correct for some folks, but you can't just say that about everyone...

There's also a big difference between damanding equality in hiring and then stacking the deck in the favor of the minority coach.  Sanction the owners, if need be.  Don't change the level of competition on the field.

Edited by Iceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Considering the percentage of players that are black, does that ratio not seem strange to you?

The argument that the percentage of black coaches should align with the % of black players is flawed. Only 20% of NFL head coaches actually played in the NFL. What they were doing was learning the job by rising up the ranks, starting as GA’s, assistants in high school and college, becoming coordinators and so on. Black players aren’t getting that training. They are playing. And when they retire, they’ve probably made enough money that they are unwilling to start at the bottom. It’s the old adage “He who can, does; he who can’t, teaches”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Extra Anejo said:

The league needs 4 or 5 black owners.

Then you better get more black billionaires. There are only 5 in the U.S including Jay-Z, MJ and Oprah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Hiring black men for 3/5 rounders? Ridiculous. 
 

I thought Manfred was bad, so Goodell had to swoop in with a hold my beer moment.

3/5 ... 3/5 ... wait, 3/5? I see what they did here!

The US Constitution allowed southern states to count slaves as 3/5 of  a person for the purpose of apportionment in Congress! That's it by God!

The NFL is simply relying upon Constitutional precedent for this brilliant plan.

This is Wyle E. Coyote Super Genius material here fellas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyTexas said:

The argument that the percentage of black coaches should align with the % of black players is flawed. Only 20% of NFL head coaches actually played in the NFL. What they were doing was learning the job by rising up the ranks, starting as GA’s, assistants in high school and college, becoming coordinators and so on. Black players aren’t getting that training. They are playing. And when they retire, they’ve probably made enough money that they are unwilling to start at the bottom. It’s the old adage “He who can, does; he who can’t, teaches”

Racial makeup of the population of players and NFL playing experience aren't the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So up 6 spots for minority head coach, and up 10 spots for minority GM.  How many spots for minority owner?

How many spots for a disabled coach.  Can we get a chart so we can all know what disadvantages people bring to the table.  If a candidate was touched by an uncle, as a child, how many points is that?  I know having a disability isn’t comparable but my point is where will this stop.  Doesn’t matter if someone is more qualified for a particular job it only matters that they have certain physical characteristics.   It would suck for those individuals that would be forced into these positions because their coworkers wouldn’t respect them.  

Edited by stork642

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, stork642 said:

How many spots for a disabled coach.  Can we get a chart so we can all know what disadvantages people bring to the table.  If a candidate was touched by an uncle, as a child, how many points is that? 

Yeah the Texans need better draft position for their coach with no brain 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 1/32 Cherokee.  How many draft spots would a team move up if they hire me?

Fucking stupid shit.  People who see everything through a lens of identity politics should get off the fucking planet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many first rounders do they get for picking a Japanese coach or a Samoan ?  What about a guy in a wheel chair ?  or wait ........... I know a midget ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The proposal is ridiculous..  just not as ridiculous as the problem itself.

 This won’t be a popular post & I would likely have a completely different position if I weren’t friends with parties involved.  

There are “rules” among the owners that make it excessively challenging for a minority to climb the ranks at the top level in the NFL.   I hate quotas & nepotism, but the NFL has serious issues with prejudice owners.   

The proposed solution may sound whacked, but if anything it shows how bad the situation is.   
 

I hope nothing like the draft picks comes to fruition, but the next time you shake your head over a draft pick or coaching situation  realize a lot of these decision making clowns are retreads that are “system friendly” guys.

A lot of very smart, football minded alphas that would make great leaders after retiring from their playing days don’t bother due to the system in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does mental handicap count as a minority, and if so,can Houston get some draft picks because Bill O’Brien is retarded?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

How many first rounders do they get for picking a Japanese coach or a Samoan ?  What about a guy in a wheel chair ?  or wait ........... I know a midget ??

horse stepping GIF by Digg

Looks like the Broncos or trying to secure the #1pick with their new mascot.  

Edited by stork642

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The US is 77% white according to 2010 census. Because coaching has nothing to do with altheticism and fast twitch muscle content, an expectation of >23% of HC and GM jobs being filled by minorities is disproportionate to the population, assuming that all populations have an equal “coaching/GM talent.”

The NFL currently has 8 minority HCs (25% of the league). Is there a problem statistically?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first thought was “what is the correct amount of minority head coaches and gms?”

Based on % of minority players in the nfl?  In organized football at all levels?  All nfl employees?  Assistant coaches?  People in America (no)?

how many gms and head coaches are former nfl players?  Even major college players? What’s the corresponding % in college football?  High school football?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey look. A thread started by Drew, with Slorch fighting Michael Knight, David Dennison, and Bullneck, and featuring Manny Acho!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The US is 77% white according to 2010 census.

the crowds at NFL games are way too white. tickets should be cheaper for black people, so we can get a more diverse crowd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SwanderedTalent said:

the crowds at NFL games are way too white. tickets should be cheaper for black people, so we can get a more diverse crowd

Jose and Pablo over in Arlington would like a word with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Whatever helps jerrah ensure his team remains relegated to mediocrity...

Other than his own lineage of course.

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

What about mascots? Would a new crazy ray get us anything?

I miss that guy almost as much as Jimmy Johnson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Jose and Pablo over in Arlington would like a word with you. 

hey man, no habla!

but their word ought to be with the owners; I mean, if hiring a black coach gets you some bonus points, hiring a Hispanic coach ought to get you a bonus on top of that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

What about mascots? Would a new crazy ray get us anything?

I feel like labeling a black fan as a mascot is counterproductive here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Jose and Pablo over in Arlington would like a word with you. 

I was gonna say, have you seen a Texans game crowd?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I was gonna say, have you seen a Texans game crowd?!

CBoB traded the Houston GameDay experience( the best part of a Texans game) for slapchop and some magic beans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Iceman said:

CBoB traded the Houston GameDay experience( the best part of a Texans game) for slapchop and some magic beans.

There is nothing special about an NFL game experience unless it’s a playoff game. The special part is Bubba’s on my couch in front of my 75 inches watching the Boys. Cheering when they win, laughing when they lose, and always I’m glad I’m never at the cesspool that is any pro football stadium. It is 75% comprised of the worst that city has to offer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

There is nothing special about an NFL game experience unless it’s a playoff game. The special part is Bubba’s on my couch in front of my 75 inches watching the Boys. Cheering when they win, laughing when they lose, and always I’m glad I’m never at the cesspool that is any pro football stadium. It is 75% comprised of the worst that city has to offer. 

only time I actually paid in 16 years of living there was when our oldest son was in the team presenting the colors before the game.  We still have his sideline credential with none other than Matt Schaub's autograph.  For all of his shortcomings on the field, he was a good dude.  We got tix for free to 1 game per season through my work.  I always enjoyed the tailgating and shooting the shit with other teams' fans.  I prefer the college gamedays, but Houston's is fun too. Fuck Bill o'Brien

Edited by Iceman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Does mental handicap count as a minority, and if so,can Houston get some draft picks because Bill O’Brien is retarded?

Then BOB could use those to trade for more over-priced skill position players. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Iceman said:

only time I actually paid in 16 years of living there was when our oldest son was in the team presenting the colors before the game.  We still have his sideline credential with none other than Matt Schaub's autograph.  For all of his shortcomings on the field, he was a good dude.  We got tix for free to 1 game per season through my work.  I always enjoyed the tailgating and shooting the shit with other teams' fans.  I prefer the college gamedays, but Houston's is fun too. Fuck Bill o'Brien

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol

Swam's been telling people for over 10 years that blacks and whites are on equal footing. 

You guys still taking the bait?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

The US is 77% white according to 2010 census. Because coaching has nothing to do with altheticism and fast twitch muscle content, an expectation of >23% of HC and GM jobs being filled by minorities is disproportionate to the population, assuming that all populations have an equal “coaching/GM talent.”

The NFL currently has 8 minority HCs (25% of the league). Is there a problem statistically?

8 minority head coaches seems high to me, and a (very) cursory search didn't indicate to me who you are talking about. I could certainly be missing someone obvious, but I know of 3 black head coaches (Judge, Tomlin, and Lynn). I imagine you are including Ron Rivera, who is of Puerto Rican / Mexican descent? Who are the others?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

8 minority head coaches seems high to me, and a (very) cursory search didn't indicate to me who you are talking about. I could certainly be missing someone obvious, but I know of 3 black head coaches (Judge, Tomlin, and Lynn). I imagine you are including Ron Rivera, who is of Puerto Rican / Mexican descent? Who are the others?

You are right. The article in my google search was 2018. It is 4 now (yes, Rivera is a minority).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


mpu


Football ... Basketball ... Baseball ... Other Sports ... Recruiting ... Gambling ... Movies & TV ... Music ... Hobbies ... Lulz ... Food & Travel ... Daily Texan ... Help ... For Sale ... Politics ... Board Discussion
×
×
  • Create New...