atomheartbevo

CBS All Access - Improves app, adds 3,500 episodes, movies, from Comedy Central, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian Channel, TV Land, Paramount Pictures, etc.

Posted (edited)

https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/30/cbs-all-access-expands/

ViacomCBS  has announced a significant expansion to its streaming library, with the addition of more than 3,500 episodes of shows like “Avatar: The Last Airbender,” “Chapelle’s Show” and “Laguna Beach.”

Viacom and CBS were previously merged, then separated, then most recently merged again, and the additional content comes from across the company’s different brands — such as BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Smithsonian Channel, TV Land, VH1 and Paramount Pictures — plus additional sports programming, like exclusive U.S. streaming of the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League.

All the Rugrats and Spongebob episodes.  They were on other services here and there, but they are eventually bringing all of the Nickelodeon stuff, including Noggin content (but Noggin will remain separate and still have its content since it's successful).  My kids love those shows, and I can watch them.

Other original content in the works includes a Spongebob Squarepants spin-off called “Kemp Koral,” “The Spongebob Movie: Sponge on the Run,” an untitled project from director Richard Linklater and a miniseries adaptation of “The Stand.”

$6 a month ain't bad if they bring in a ton of Comedy Central stuff.

Edited by atomheartbevo

I'll just wait until there's a service that bundles all these streaming services into one platform and I can just pay one combined price for them all.

1 hour ago, jeevsie said:

I'll just wait until there's a service that bundles all these streaming services into one platform and I can just pay one combined price for them all.

Sounds fishy. What’s the catch?

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Viacom and CBS were previously merged, then separated, then most recently merged again,

If you love something, spin it off...

3 hours ago, jeevsie said:

cable has been available for decades. 

I got a free subscription with my paid subscription to UCLA's 247 site.  Wait...

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

$6 a month ain't bad if they bring in a ton of Comedy Central stuff.

Unless there is 24/7 of stand-up excerpts from 1982-1996, I'll pass. 

Hope the app is improved, it was crap when I used it last month. No watchlist, no way to go to the series page from an episode you're watching, and it would frequently skip to the end of the episode of you restarted it in the middle. 

It would often studder and stop to buffer every few minutes, but it got better this last month