Several shot during 3rd night of Kenosha riots

clapclapclap

The potential good news is that some of the governors and mayors that have been enabling/looking the other way/making excuses for the mostly peaceful rioters are suddenly wanting to end it (if you go to the governor's tweet, it was made yesterday afternoon, prior to last night's killing):

43 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Why on earth would you do this?

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

1 -- because he was drunk and stupid

2 -- because deep down, he also knew that as white dude, in a big crowd, the cop was likely to let him off as he had bigger shit to worry about.

Both things are true.

That about covers it.

See, when you're white, you immerse yourself in an alcohol-fueled, consequence-free environment.

49 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't disagree.  When the issue is "hey, black people are getting shit on by the cops, and we'd like it to stop," it exacerbates the situation when the message from the top is, to peaceful protesters "shut up you unpatriotic sonofobitch," and when there's zero acknowledgement of the valid reasons for protest, just consistent lumping all protests and protesters together as "violent thugs" who should be crushed.  The admin didn't have to be part of the pushback, but it chose to, which is maddening.  I posted above a pretty easy approach for Executive Branch leadership to take that acknowledges both the legitimate serious issues with police and the need for peace and order, but we haven't gotten that.  So, people are pissed.  The Executive Branch shouldn't "take sides" -- it should try to be objective, acknowledge the problems and concerns all they way around, and deal with them.  Instead, it's gone full-on "we back the blue and fuck the thugs."  I really wish it hadn't.

you mean like immediately signing an executive order banning chokeholds, creating databases to track officers, asking for co-responders that are not police to certain situations, engaging Federal agencies to investigate matters, or sign a criminal justice reform bill?

While also saying we will defend federal property and allowing peaceful protests, even ones that never received permits.

you only see through the lens you chose to look through.

• Hook 'Em 3

14 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

The potential good news is that some of the governors and mayors that have been enabling/looking the other way/making excuses for the mostly peaceful rioters are suddenly wanting to end it (if you go to the governor's tweet, it was made yesterday afternoon, prior to last night's killing):

you don't think there are a whole lot of minorities who are like "fuck this shit".

3 hours ago, Armybrat said:

If the guy is18 or older and not a prohibited person,  there is no law against transporting a firearm to another state.

Which is why I specifically said “underage”. You even quoted it. What now? Rittenhouse was a felon the second he stepped on Wisconsin soil. Throw the fat fuck under the jail.

Edited by TheStoicPaisano
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

I was posting many places yesterday that Biden messed up. So did the Wisconsin Governor. He is going to be one and done.

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you mean like immediately signing an executive order banning chokeholds, creating databases to track officers, asking for co-responders that are not police to certain situations, engaging Federal agencies to investigate matters, or sign a criminal justice reform bill?

While also saying we will defend federal property and allowing peaceful protests, even ones that never received permits.

you only see through the lens you chose to look through.

You mean like a DOJ issuing guidance expressly intended to completely weaken and gut consent decrees against lawless PDs, the most effective means of enforcing the law against entire PDs?  You mean like encouraging cops to rough up suspects?  You mean like condemning a peaceful black prostester as a "son of a bitch?"  We can do this all day long.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

Kids from out of state as well?  Jesus, where are his parents?

This.  WTF?

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

so, yeah, this is the problem writ large. unarmed black dude, may be a threat, shot several times in the back. armed white dude, with an assault rifle present and visible, who just shot some people, whatever, go on about your business.

and some of yall still struggle with why blm is a thing

And this.  If you don't see the contrast here....come on.

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You mean like a DOJ issuing guidance expressly intended to completely weaken and gut consent decrees against lawless PDs, the most effective means of enforcing the law against entire PDs?  You mean like encouraging cops to rough up suspects?  You mean like condemning a peaceful black prostester as a "son of a bitch?"  We can do this all day long.

so were the things I mentioned not done?

12 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Which is why I specifically said “underage”. You even quoted it. What now? Rittenhouse was a felon the second he stepped on Wisconsin soil. Throw the fat fuck under the jail.

I knew nothing about the shooter, and thought you might be suggesting a hypothetical about his age.

indeed, as an underaged person he violated the law.

edited to add: so did whoever gave him access to that firearm unsupervised.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Imagine if that kid were Muslim. Trump and the GOP who radicalized him would be radical terrorist clerics and we'd be talking about whether they should be droned or arrested and prosecuted for encouraging terrorism.

CR----------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’m late to this story, but let me get this straight:

• A white nationalist kid showed up to a protest not involving him whatsoever and straight up shot people to kill them. 
  • Cops watched the murders happen, talked with him and let him walk by - even made hand gestures with each other.
  • There now is manhunt for him due to state charges - cause local police were celebrating a white kid murdering Black people. 

Yes.

They thanked him for his service and gave him water. Gotta keep your fellow Klansmen hydrated.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

so, yeah, this is the problem writ large. unarmed black dude, may be a threat, shot several times in the back. armed white dude, with an assault rifle present and visible, who just shot some people, whatever, go on about your business.

this.... 

Edited by Juicy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the people that claim to not understand why BLM is a thing, in fact do understand why it is a thing. They just prefer things the way they are, but realize its socially frowned upon to verbalize their desire to keep the staus quo. So instead they jack themselves off with "ALL lives matter" and feel good about  it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so were the things I mentioned not done?

The database one pre-dated this admin.  And PDs complying with it (submitting data) still sucks.  That's on the PDs as much as it is the admin, although see the fact that the admin expressly and specifically acted to limit the DOJ's ability to crack down on shitty PDs.

And when it comes to calming the public at large, messaging matters....what has the messaging from leadership been?  Come on, man.  It's not even worth arguing the point.

I'm not a lawyer, but I seriously can't imagine 1st degree murder charges sticking against a kid that shot people who were actively attacking him. 

I think he shot and killed someone who wasn’t attacking him, then shot and killed one and wounded another who attacked him when he ran away.

He’s fucked. Good.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Buzzrock said:

I think he shot and killed someone who wasn’t attacking him, then shot and killed one and wounded another who attacked him when he ran away.

He’s fucked. Good.

Maybe I haven't seen all of the videos. If that's the case, then I agree. 

8 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

I'm not a lawyer, but I seriously can't imagine 1st degree murder charges sticking against a kid that shot people who were actively attacking him. 

You know he shot someone before he was being chased right? 

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I’m late to this story, but let me get this straight:

• A white nationalist kid showed up to a protest not involving him whatsoever and straight up shot people to kill them. 
  • Cops watched the murders happen, talked with him and let him walk by - even made hand gestures with each other.
  • There now is manhunt for him due to state charges - cause local police were celebrating a white kid murdering Black people. 

Seems like you haven't gotten anything straight. I'm sure you got your information from some blue check marks who are definitely not propagandists.

I didn't know the kid was white nationalist or, as the post above yours says, a misogynistic white supremacist. I'm sure there is plenty of evidence for this and I'd like to see it so that I can join in condemning this NAZI.

Protest? JLawOK.gif

Murders? I've seen video of this kid being chased and a flaming projectile thrown at him. Continuing to run and only shooting once he was caught and as a last resort. Looks like a molotov cocktail to me and if the glass broke, he could have been burned alive.

Then he was attacked by a guy with a skateboard and a guy with a gun and shot in self defense both times.

clashes-between-protesters-and-armed-civ

man-was-shot-in-the-chest-as-clashes-bet

man-on-the-ground-was-shot-in-the-chest-

Then you say "cause local police were celebrating a white kid murdering Black people" Show me where this guy shot anyone black. Don't worry, I'll wait... You can't. They were all white. This is so blatantly false, it's insane and you got 4 lemmings to buy into it. Sad.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 10

6 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

He’s fucked. Good.

No.  He was just chasing him and throwing shit at him when he was shot.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NaTeWHO said:

Seems like you haven't gotten anything straight. I'm sure you got your information from some blue check marks who are definitely not propagandists.

I didn't know the kid was white nationalist or, as the post above yours says, a misogynistic white supremacist. I'm sure there is plenty of evidence for this and I'd like to see it so that I can join in condemning this NAZI.

Protest? JLawOK.gif

Murders? I've seen video of this kid being chased and a flaming projectile thrown at him. Continuing to run and only shooting once he was caught and as a last resort. Looks like a molotov cocktail to me and if the glass broke, he could have been burned alive.

Then he was attacked by a guy with a skateboard and a guy with a gun and shot in self defense both times.

man-was-shot-in-the-chest-as-clashes-bet

Then you say "cause local police were celebrating a white kid murdering Black people" Show me where this guy shot anyone black. Don't worry, I'll wait... You can't. They were all white. This is so blatantly false, it's insane and you got 4 lemmings to buy into it. Sad.

Again, you know why he was being chased down right? Because he just shot and killed someone. 

Jesus Christ man you talk about propaganda and are quoting a Alt right twitter account. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2020/aug/26/donald-trump-republican-national-convention-rnc-coronavirus-covid-19-kenosha-jacob-blake-live-updates

A white, 17-year-old police admirer was arrested Wednesday in the killing of two people during a third night of protests in Kenosha over the police shooting of a Black man, Jacob Blake.

Edited by Juicy

59 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

30 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

CR----------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>