Can we have a serious thread about "Boaters for Trump"?

Gil Bang

So, the Lake Travis disaster is over.  Today, in San Diego Bay, about 1000 boats are expected to participate in another dotard boat parade.

Exactly what the fuck is going on here?    People that own boats are "showing their support" for the fat fuck, but what does that accomplish?   Is it just a matter of being with other like-minded dipshits?   

If you really support Trump, wouldn't your time be better spent working a phone bank, or knocking on doors?   Taking the 20 or 100 bucks (depending on boat size) that you'll burn in gas and donating to the campaign?  

Do these people believe that they are going to attract voters by having a boat parade? 

I don't get the psychology here.   

4 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Is it just a matter of being with other like-minded dipshits?   

"Intergroup Contact" is one of the five psychology traits that a group of psychologists wrote about concerning Trump supporters. So, to answer your question, yes it is indeed that. A Trump floating (sometimes it sinks so--wear  a life vest!!) bubble if you will.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Here are my guesses and feeble attempts to make sense of it:

It feels good in general to be around people who think the same way you do.

More specifically, being around people supporting the same cause you do makes you more optimistic about the outcome of that cause.

Those people associate owning a boat with wealth/class, so in their mind they are making the point that people who work hard and do well support Trump.

They like antagonizing people.

It is their way to protest pandemic-induced restrictions.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

So, the Lake Travis disaster is over.  Today, in San Diego Bay, about 1000 boats are expected to participate in another dotard boat parade.

Exactly what the fuck is going on here?    People that own boats are "showing their support" for the fat fuck, but what does that accomplish?   Is it just a matter of being with other like-minded dipshits?   

If you really support Trump, wouldn't your time be better spent working a phone bank, or knocking on doors?   Taking the 20 or 100 bucks (depending on boat size) that you'll burn in gas and donating to the campaign?  

Do these people believe that they are going to attract voters by having a boat parade? 

I don't get the psychology here.   

I saw the preview on KUSI this morning.  Did they really get 1,000?

Did you see the squid that organized it?

There are thousands of people in this town who are black or hispanic and can afford to buy and drive in a boat like assholes on Lake Austin or Lake Travis but for whatever reason they don’t. I don’t know why that is but trumpkins are perpetual victims who like their safe spaces so riding around on a boat on a lake with other trump supporting assholes would likely appeal to their insecurities.

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

More specifically, being around people supporting the same cause you do makes you more optimistic about the outcome of that cause.

Those people associate owning a boat with wealth/class, so in their mind they are making the point that people who work hard and do well support Trump.

I agree with all the above, but think it is the stir-crazy of shutdowns pushing it over the top. Can't go to a bar, so go out on the boat and get your drank on.

(Fond memories of sitting by the river, watching sunburned drunk-asses power down stream, then getting the tow-of-shame DUI back upstream from the law.)

• Hook 'Em 1

In 2018 there were nearly 48,000 pleasure crafts registered in San Diego County, CA.   So even if there were 1,000 boats in this parade, that would be slightly more than 2% of all pleasure boats in just that county.   Assuming some were trailered in from out of county, then the number drops.  

Not really that impressive when you consider the numbers.

https://dbw.parks.ca.gov/pages/28702/files/December 2018 - Total Vessel Registration by County.pdf

I think most of the motivations ascribed here are accurate if partial explanations.

Part of Trump's evil genius was speaking to (both addressing and speaking in language and to issues they could understand) people who felt ignored by the political establishment.

These people, for the first time in their lives, are given a voice.  They're finally "in the club."  And they're pissing off all the people that they feel ignored them in the past.  

So yeah, they enjoy doing obnoxious things with other like-minded people.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

a rising tide lifts all boats.

but boats are fucking expensive.  marco rubio is a senator and paid plenty of good coin for a boat and it's a piece of shit.  so, a rising tide lifting people with plenty of money is a much more accurate analogy than first blush suggests. 

Edited by elfenix

28 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

There are thousands of people in this town who are black or hispanic and can afford to buy and drive in a boat like assholes on Lake Austin or Lake Travis but for whatever reason they don’t. I don’t know why that is but trumpkins are perpetual victims who like their safe spaces so riding around on a boat on a lake with other trump supporting assholes would likely appeal to their insecurities.

So you don't like a truly  peaceful protest/ demonstration?   It sounds like the lack of possible conflict disappoints you.  Could just be my reading, too...

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, slorch said:

So you don't like a truly  peaceful protest?   It sounds like the lack of possible conflict disappoints you.  Could just be my reading, too...

It's not a protest though.  There is nothing for these buttholes to be aggrieved about.

Let's see what they do in November and afterward.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

What are they protesting driving around on a lake?

That boat sailed long ago(sic,) with regard to requiring substance behind a protest/ demonstration.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

That boat sailed long ago(sic,) with regard to requiring substance behind a protest/ demonstration.

Like the murder of black men by the police? Is that “substantive” enough for you?

You should focus more on the food at the oasis sucks so let’s all get on a boat protest.

5 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Like the murder of black men by the police? Is that “substantive” enough for you?

You should focus more on the food at the oasis sucks so let’s all get on a boat protest.

Meh.  Blah. Blah. fucking blah.

That ain't the reason for all of the protests/ demonstrations.  It's the excuse a lot of the shitheads use.

I don't get the Trump boat thing or the people driving around town with Trump shit all over their vehicle.   It doesn't make sense to me.

It isn't hurting anything either though, nor are the boat thingies.  We can't say the same for the somewhat peaceful demonstrations in the past few months.

Edited by slorch

Just now, slorch said:

Meh.  Blah. Blah. fucking blah.

That ain't the reason for all of the protests/ demonstrations.  It's the excuse a lot of the shitheads use.

I don't get the Trump boat thing or the people driving around town with Trump shit all over their vehicle.   It doesn't make sense to me.

It isn't hurting anything either though.

Well it’s annoying as shit. I don’t drive around town and ride around boats waving fuck your feeling flags and cheering on Biden. Why should I have to tolerate shitheads like yourself getting in my face telling all of us about what an asshole you are?

It just shows your insecurities and it’s really really annoying.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Well it’s annoying as shit. I don’t drive around town and ride around boats waving fuck your feeling flags and cheering on Biden. Why should I have to tolerate shitheads like yourself getting in my face telling all of us about what an asshole you are?

It just shows your insecurities and it’s really really annoying.

so only certain actions like this bother you?  The boat  is in your face?

and to be clear, I have never owned a Trump sign/ sticker/ pamphlet/ whatever.  Like I said before, i don't get the boat/ car either, but it's damned sure not hurting anything.   Maybe that bothers people in and of itself.  "Thems people's having a Trump party and we can't go tell them to eat shit..."

Ignore them.

Edited by slorch