COVID-19 vaccine discussion

Texas Jeff

Just now, scottsins said:

Allegedly, CVS will have online appointments scheduling activated around midnight tonight for some of the area (Austin metro) locations. I fully expect this “launch” to have issues/delays because of the usual corporate bullshit.

CVS has been doing a lot of the nursing and retirement homes in SA and I assume in a lot of other places as wel..  Although I agree with you; at least they have some experience with procedure

8 hours ago, scottsins said:

https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine?icid=cvs-home-hero1-banner-1-coronavirus-vaccine

Don’t tell anyone but I expect the Williams Drive location in Georgetown will be jabbing.

I can't decide whether to read this in Club Noveau's "Lean on Me" beat or Bob Marley's "and I hope you like jabbing too"  Either way, good news.  

HEB is starting to roll out vaccines.  There are a few spots available in Conroe and a couple in SA if you have some old folks that need to get jabbed.

https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler

ETA:  looks like available slots were taken quickly.  Still a good resource to check.

Edited by Jerry Callo
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry Callo said:

HEB is starting to roll out vaccines.  There are a few spots available in Conroe and a couple in SA if you have some old folks that need to get jabbed.

https://vaccine.heb.com/scheduler

ETA:  looks like available slots were taken quickly.  Still a good resource to check.

They did Burleson this morning too.  Went fast.

• Hook 'Em 1

WHO recommends AstraZeneca in South Africa because even though it doesn't stop South Africa variant, it prevents severe disease. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/who-recommends-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-against-south-africa-strain-11612977926

JOHANNESBURG—The World Health Organization said governments should continue rolling out AstraZeneca PLC’s Covid-19 vaccine, including in countries battling a new strain of the coronavirus that was first detected in South Africa.

The WHO recommendation, which follows advice from a group of international immunization experts, comes after a small human trial in South Africa found that the shot didn’t prevent mild and moderate cases of Covid-19 in its volunteers. The finding, released over the weekend, prompted the South African government to halt a planned rollout of the vaccine to health-care workers.

But the WHO said evidence from other, larger trials, including in the U.K. and Brazil, suggests that the shot, which AstraZeneca developed together with the University of Oxford, can protect recipients from severe illness, hospitalizations and death, including from new variants.

“Indirect evidence is compatible with protection against severe Covid-19,” the WHO said in interim recommendations published Wednesday. “However, this remains to be demonstrated in ongoing clinical trials and post-implementation evaluations.”

• Hook 'Em 1

17 hours ago, XYZ said:

The HEB vaccine scheduler has been popping with a few spots open here and there today.

I refresh the main page and it will show appointments here and there anywhere from "8 spots left" or "only a few spots left".  But you click on the link and it says no appointments.  I understand that shit goes fast, but then I go back and the spots are still there.   So who knows.

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I refresh the main page and it will show appointments here and there anywhere from "8 spots left" or "only a few spots left".  But you click on the link and it says no appointments.  I understand that shit goes fast, but then I go back and the spots are still there.   So who knows.

I played around with it for awhile yesterday, and finally got to the next page where it holds your appt for 10 minutes while you enter your info. Unfortunately it was in Big Spring so I won't be making that appointment. 

1 hour ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yep. Been there.

Page 1 is main scheduler page. If you see a location you like with available slots, click it.
Page 2 is the date/time selector. Most of the time it says "There are no available time slots" by the time you get here. If you CAN select a date/time, you move on to..
Page 3 where you actually get to enter your name, phone#, email, age, etc. It asks for your insurance info, but you can skip that if you don't have it handy. There's a 10 minute countdown clock to complete this page. When you're done here, you have a confirmed appointment.

I've had Page 1 on auto-refresh every 13 seconds for the past 4-5 hours. No big blocks of appointments are coming though today, at least not yet. Seems like the slots popping up today are cancellations of earlier scheduled appointments. Slots are gone is seconds. Most of the time, by the time you get through to Page 2 it's already booked. Other times, it tells you to select a time/date, but even then, it's already gone before you can finish. If you can get to Page 3, you are golden.

I scored one appointment for a friend today. Gulfgate HEB in Houston.

These one off appointments are literally gone in a matter of seconds.

Bernard

Edited by Bernard

Fauci saw my chart

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/11/coronavirus-covid-live-updates-us/

Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s highest-ranking infectious-disease expert, struck a hopeful tone about vaccine availability in the coming months, predicting Thursday that there could be an “open season” on doses by April.

“By the time we get to April, that will be what I would call, for better wording, ‘open season,’ namely, virtually everybody and anybody in any category could start to get vaccinated,” he said Thursday on NBC’s “Today” show.

The remarks echoed his sentiment from days earlier that he expects the pace of vaccinations to improve in the months ahead.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 2

Got second dose yesterday.  Today general malaise (zero POINT zero energy or focus) and cold/chills (sure the actual cold weather doesn't help).  Not too dissimilar from after effects of first dose for me and certainly not terrible. 

I liken it to that feeling you have the rest of the day (and if you are older sometimes into the next) after you get over the early morning terrible part of a bad hangover. Throw in temp regulation issues and a slightly sore arm on top of that.   Last time was gone in a day so we shall see.  

Other good thing to see was TC still running their hub very efficiently.  It took me longer this time but there was a lot more people there, which is a good thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Bernard said:

Yep. Been there.

Page 1 is main scheduler page. If you see a location you like with available slots, click it.
Page 2 is the date/time selector. Most of the time it says "There are no available time slots" by the time you get here. If you CAN select a date/time, you move on to..
Page 3 where you actually get to enter your name, phone#, email, age, etc. It asks for your insurance info, but you can skip that if you don't have it handy. There's a 10 minute countdown clock to complete this page. When you're done here, you have a confirmed appointment.

I've had Page 1 on auto-refresh every 13 seconds for the past 4-5 hours. No big blocks of appointments are coming though today, at least not yet. Seems like the slots popping up today are cancellations of earlier scheduled appointments. Slots are gone is seconds. Most of the time, by the time you get through to Page 2 it's already booked. Other times, it tells you to select a time/date, but even then, it's already gone before you can finish. If you can get to Page 3, you are golden.

I scored one appointment for a friend today. Gulfgate HEB in Houston.

These one off appointments are literally gone in a matter of seconds.

Bernard

I wonder if people have programmed bots yet..

1 minute ago, Neonmoon said:

I’m guessing Fauci thinks JNJ dropping a big load in April or is that Novavax?

J&J has promised 100 million by end of June. Even if that's extremely backloaded as they ramp production up, we're still talking 50-60mm by end of May which is about 20% of the adult population on J&J alone. 

US had it's first day of 2M doses yesterday. 7-day moving average now up to 1.62M/day. 

Also, Fuck Alex Berenson. Dude gained himself a large following as a self-appointed expert despite having no background in the subejct, spent an entire year downplaying COVID and bitching about restrictions, and is now doing everything he can to discourage the one thing that will bring this shit to an end. Seriously, he's a cancer.

• Hook 'Em 2