Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I get how Milwee and Flood were a given and how Banks is a surprise, but if we then add Golding and Clark Saban is going to go ballistic....

Sark ain’t ducking around..

Does Saban even care if he loses Golding? Or is just fan/message board noise that Bama doesn't like him at all?

3 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Nahlin.  Nahlin was the asshole that said that

Yep

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Drew freaking Mehringer won recruiter of the year on the back of the Texas brand. Banks will have zero issue locking this state down day 1

This fucks!

25 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Also, regarding Banks, when the dust settles, I'm hoping I can get more stories about this fucking nut and his personal life. Here's to strippers, pet monkeys, and 5 stars!

This is officially my new toast going forward.  Family events be damned.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Sal said:

Does Saban even care if he loses Golding? Or is just fan/message board noise that Bama doesn't like him at all?

Bama boards have hated him since day 1.

He's a LA/TX coach who runs a newfangled "spread defense" and calls his primary pass rusher a LB.

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Banks pulled a Baltimore Colts maneuver, apparently. He packed his shit last night and cleaned out his office. People showed up today and said "Where's Banks?" Baller move by Sarkisian. He's not fucking around with putting this staff together. 

My favorite was Dan Enos leaving and not telling Saban... (2yrs ago)

According to national college football writer Feldman (The Athletic – subscription required), Saban called a coaches meeting in Tuscaloosa last Friday -- four days after Alabama incurred a blowout defeat to Clemson (44-16) in the national championship game.

According to Feldman, after the on-site assistants packed a conference room at Alabama's football building, Saban openly wondered, 'Hey, where's Dan?'   According to Feldman, Saban then repeated himself to the group ... once in a calm tone ... and then once more with an expletive mixed in.

https://www.11alive.com/article/sports/report-alabama-assistant-leaves-tide-for-another-job-without-telling-nick-saban/85-d70ed0cc-bf15-4aa9-accd-f979d4171145

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Are you planning on taking that zoom call from your car or from the driving range?

Yeah, I thought about that. Not sure. Maybe I can find a stand-in that won't embarrass me on the call.

16 minutes ago, Dijon Robinson said:

I continue to hold out hope that Raymond is still in play for the CB slot

There's hope, but it doesn't sound like much of it left.

1 minute ago, JBJ said:

Bama boards have hated him since day 1.

He's a LA/TX coach who runs a newfangled "spread defense" and calls his primary pass rusher a LB.

Bama fans still think it's 2012 tbh.

His defense didn't look terrible against an Ohio State offense that butt fucked a brent venables defense on national television. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

Is BOB so much of a sick nobody wants to work with him or did Saban tell them all he is rotating next year and if something comes up worthwhile, take it with my blessing because next year will be a shit show.

I can’t figure out why many staff members are leaving. Bama sites are saying Wiggins, Huff and the DB coach all have offers elsewhere right now as well...

Bama gonna Bama.  It is a Dynasty.  That said everything comes to an end.  Is that now?  Who knows.  Before the game the other night i had never seen Saban smile so big and so naturally.  I don't take that as a good sign for that guy.  I'm not callin the end but probability is obvious to everyone that he has a steep mountain to climb to get #8.  They will be top 15 for the next few years but i suspect that is not good enough in "T" town, especially when you get your legs chopped off and your pipeline gashed like today.    Combine that with BOB and its not the recipe for elite, only top 15 ish. Jmo.  

Edited by RollLeft

I am in a “prove it” mode on Golding. In looking into what’s out there on him, he doesn’t seem like a great communicator to me.  Like he doesn’t make things clear enough for the players, so they fuck up their assignments a lot.  I think you can trace back a lot of the Tide fans’ complaints to that root cause.  Also, in the title game, the db technique seemed pretty shaky, and that was with one of the all time great db coaches as head coach.  I’m not sure what to think about what went wrong there.  I tend to think it’s more confusion about what to do.  Again, it’s show me, but what I’ve seen so far is not inspiring me.  

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I got an invite last week for one tomorrow morning. I don't know where that qualifies me and what will be said, but if there's anything interesting that isn't expected to stay off the public boards, I'll try to post about it. 

You may lose your BMD privileges, but all of the Surl will sing your praises to eternity ....

... if you do your Sark/BMD Zoom call with a little pet monkey swinging on a stripper pole, in the background.  

1 minute ago, Michael Knight said:

only coleman is considered a stand up double

Milwee

gideon

coleman

drayton 

ournown board would have preferred to not Coleman or drayton (unless bijan was tied to drayton)

gideon is a good choice but still an up and coming coach

milwee is a young analyst getting his first real opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Milwee

gideon

coleman

drayton 

ournown board would have preferred to not Coleman or drayton (unless bijan was tied to drayton)

just because this board is full of morons doesn't mean you have to be

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

only coleman is considered a stand up double

I am interested to see how Coleman fares without Herman micromanaging his position group. I will hold back any judgement until he gets a season to run his room and pick his recruits. 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Bama fans still think it's 2012 tbh.

His defense didn't look terrible against an Ohio State offense that butt fucked a brent venables defense on national television. 

They were without Sermon. If we're going to paint the full picture. 

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Milwee

gideon

coleman

drayton 

Drayton was considered the Best hire under Tom, don’t forget it just because we hiring all these Bama assistants. 
Drayton has done excellent since he’s been here 

4 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Of all of the Saban Coordinators that left for Head jobs where does this rank on amount of staff stolen? I dont think even Kirby took this many

Kirby took 1 and an analyst. What caused the rift was Kirby telling recruits where they stood on Alabamas recruiting board

• Hook 'Em 1