Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

I just want to know if the average Texas fans is willing to forgive Pruitt of his sins and receive that prodigal son?  Dude is a legit DC.  Why do I get the feeling that Sark is not clear that Texas does not operate on the level of the SEC in terms of how "things" are done.  On the one hand i'm glad but on the other hand its a very new position for the average Texas fan to be in.  The thought of hiring an investigated Pruitt in and of itself will be a new one for the fanbase.  If he is on Sarks list ultimately I can see framing this as his redemption tour under Texas' tight control  but as you throw in Banks I sense the collective set of eyebrows on the scale of judgement start to rise.  Interesting times.      

He’d be a coordinator. He doesn’t influence how the program is run. His hire may be indicative of some philosophical shift, or it may not be, but either way the case would be the same with or without him on staff. So on that sense it’s easy to judge him as just a coordinator hire.

Personally I’m far more concerned that he’s a grown ass man that doesn’t/didn’t know what asparagus is.

43 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’ve never been to Starkville MS but apparently Zach Arnett thinks it’s a shithole and can’t wait to leave. 

Skip Bertman quotes on Starkville

Everytime I go to Starkville I ask for a room without a view

Starkville is an indian word for trailer park

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, nycHorn said:

That interview made me almost like Cowherd. Sark is great. Easy to see why people like him. It’s a nice change.

Colin can kind of be shock jockish but he's always loved Austin and UT.  Said we were one of his favorite teams and he won't apologize for it.  Sark came off really well.

Back to the topic of assistant wangs, any chance Banks makes Brian Jean Mary look like Taylor Hamm?

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Colin can kind of be shock jockish but he's always loved Austin and UT.  Said we were one of his favorite teams and he won't apologize for it.  Sark came off really well.

Back to the topic of assistant wangs, any chance Banks makes Brian Jean Mary look like Taylor Hamm?

4e413eeb69bedd8f0b00000c?width=600&forma

Just now, closetohumping said:

Colin can kind of be shock jockish but he's always loved Austin and UT.  Said we were one of his favorite teams and he won't apologize for it.  Sark came off

That's how I've always heard Colin.  Sure, he can criticize us, and why not after the past 10 years.  But he likes Texas and Austin and respects our place among the college bluebloods.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, South Austin said:

That's how I've always heard Colin.  Sure, he can criticize us, and why not after the past 10 years.  But he likes Texas and Austin and respects our place among the college bluebloods.

11 years. We've been in varying levels of pain for 11 years, unless you guys enjoyed the 5-7 2010 season or something.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

Just now, Vertigo said:

He invoked Prima Nocta on Pole Assassin.  

He involved Prima Nocta on the entire Ohio State defensive staff’s wives and then invited the whole world to watch. They knew Devonta Smith would get the ball and he still found a way to get one of one matchups on linebackers.  He’s probably tired from all of the butt fucking he threw down Monday night. 

Just now, Texas Wahoo said:

So I was at a deposition most of the day today, but it sounds like Banks is semi-official now.  Anyone else that wasn't semi-official yesterday?

Also, SIAP, but it looks like Charlie is out (not that he was ever going to be in):

I mean, it's pole assasin official

1 minute ago, Texas Wahoo said:

So I was at a deposition most of the day today, but it sounds like Banks is semi-official now.  Anyone else that wasn't semi-official yesterday?

Also, SIAP, but it looks like Charlie is out (not that he was ever going to be in):

Well now it looks like Urban was trying to double fuck us - once for Herman and another for his old buddy Charlie.  Maybe his protege's should have been better fucking coaches.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Laughing Out Loud GIF by memecandy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Well there is a solid chance that Ash will join as a S coach under Meyer as well...

I will say; if we had hired Urban with that ridiculous amount of money rumored, would there be enough left over to hire this good of a staff? Are we netting positive with Sark + this staff vs an Urban + somewhat lesser position coaches and/or recruiters? Iono.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

I will say; if we had hired Urban with that ridiculous amount of money rumored, would there be enough left over to hire this good of a staff? Are we netting positive with Sark + this staff vs an Urban + somewhat lesser position coaches and/or recruiters? Iono.

Yes. We basically offered Urban whatever he wanted. 

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

11 years. We've been in varying levels of pain for 11 years, unless you guys enjoyed the 5-7 2010 season or something.

I like how committed you are to correcting the 11 years of pain.  I usually just go with the less precise "decade."  But it is a full 11 years of futility, and no one should forget it.

8 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

• No drugs.
  • No stealing.
  • No guns.
  • No earrings.
  • Treat women with respect.

Watched the Cowherd interview. Had to pause it so I could finish cooking my fajitas but I am impressed thus far. It's nice to not have our head coach stumbling over his words and trying to sound more intelligent than the person he's speaking with. And Sark fucking nailed the question on if he had ever doubted himself. Way to let your nuts hang, Sark.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Yes, yes we are.  I am now on the fk Urban train.  I hope he gets his shit pushed in by the shitty Texans.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Foosters said:

I enjoyed like 7 minutes of Texas football in January 2010.

I enjoyed beating the shit out of Georgia in the Sugar Bowl after Bevo went Prima Nocta on UGA. Then there was that one game we won under Strong.  We also sent A&M packing with a walk off loss to Derp in Kyle Field. If wasn’t completely void of good memories. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

Watched the Cowherd interview. Had to pause it so I could finish cooking my fajitas but I am impressed thus far. It's nice to not have our head coach stumbling over his words and trying to sound more intelligent than the person he's speaking with. And Sark fucking nailed the question on if he had ever doubted himself. Way to let your nuts hang, Sark.

+1 rep for also enjoying cooking fajitas

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BachelorTrek said:

+1 rep for also enjoying cooking fajitas

I wish I could say they were homemade but time is critical this week and they were the frozen bagged chicken fajitas. Really, not too bad when you throw some spices in there. Low carb tortillas fucking suck and should be illegal but I'm giving this whole "diet" thing the old college try.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Yeah, they are not sad at all about losing Golden. 

They also have to rationalize at least one of these losses to themselves. All the other coaches we're taking are certified bad asses and this is the only one where they actually have some possible negatives to grasp on to. 

16 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

Whoa, there’s the first major indication we may have dodged a massive bullet with Meyer. Wow. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SquishMitten said:

Doesn't seem like we really know the answer here. But if Saban really didn't think he was a good coach, Sark would be well aware of that. And as the OC, Sark would also be intimately aware of the defense's short comings. If he consistently thought that Golding was putting out a bad defense, I can't imagine he would consider hiring him.

Now, this just makes way too much fuckin' sense for a Surl post.

10 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

If we got Meyer they were going to get him anyone he wanted. That's like buying a Ferrari and putting in a cloth interior. 

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

They also have to rationalize at least one of these losses to themselves. All the other coaches we're taking are certified bad asses and this is the only one where they actually have some possible negatives to grasp on to. 

Oh yeah, they aren't pleased by the others but I was saying they don't like Golden. They also think and they're probably right as long as they have Saban they're fine. 

2 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If we got Meyer they were going to get him anyone he wanted. That's like buying a Ferrari and putting in a cloth interior. 

Seems like something we'd do though. Instead we took a budget supra and put 40k under the hood. 

image.png.f39da6acc204a2cba88bbc4f5ada96f2.png

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Good observation.  Herman always seemed to pick his words carefully

20 minutes ago, Texas Wahoo said:

That's actually a great hire for Urban and Strong both.  Strong is good coach when he doesn't have to handle anything else.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ElChupacabra said:

I wish I could say they were homemade but time is critical this week and they were the frozen bagged chicken fajitas. Really, not too bad when you throw some spices in there. Low carb tortillas fucking suck and should be illegal but I'm giving this whole "diet" thing the old college try.

HEB "Mi Tienda" beef fajita meat are good when you don't have time to season/marinate your own.

I'm just increasing the workouts because I already know that it works for me specifically.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

Freaked out by username