2022 RB Jaydon Blue

texifornia

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, RB1 of the class is now open again. Skipping senior season is beyond a red flag. He's quiting in HS, he'll quit in college.

You don't build you class on quitters.

NFL should only draft guys who have played out all 4 years of eligibility. It's about loyalty. And character. And bringing your own lunch pail. And pulling your pants up. And reading your Bible.

BACK IN MY DAY

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

43 minutes ago, futureman said:

seriously I’d pull his scholarship. if you don’t think he’s quitting on the horns as soon as he’s put out some decent tape you’re a naive little child. 

Seriously.  Like that dead beat Vince Young who declared early after putting out some decent tape.  Fucking quitter.

Nahlin

Spoiler

The narrative on this is all jacked up and puts UT in a tough spot.

I had a friend (HS coach) contact me last night asking if UT signed off on him sitting out. Hell no.

Given the context — a blow up with the Cain staff — it looks a lot different. Divas fighting with their HS coaches is an old, familiar tale.

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

If any RB has good enough film to get drafted after 1 year in college they would and should do it? I dont know why people are acting like that is an exclusive risk with the guy that skips a year in high school. 

Except for the NFL rule that it’s 3 years removed from high school. 

20 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The rumors that he is a malcontent who had a huge blowup with his coaches and rage quit the team is more of a red flag than if he made a considered decision to skip his last year to protect his health for cfb.

I have no knowledge on the situation but most high school coaches are big idiots that want their egos stroked.  We have no idea if there was a blow up and what it was about.  I take everything high school coaches say with a huge grain of salt.  It could have been something as simple as Blue wanting to sit out practices or games which is a bitch move.  But at the same time, if he has two fucked up knees and wants to heal before arriving at Texas, I’m all for it.  For me, I don’t care what you do at high school or the NFL.  I don’t hear anyone complaining about Romance Taylor’s 1 good year at Texas.  Just show up at Texas and perform, who gives a shit about the rest.  At the same time, the coaching staff 100% should have a RB2 lined up.  

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

The rumors that he is a malcontent who had a huge blowup with his coaches and rage quit the team is more of a red flag than if he made a considered decision to skip his last year to protect his health for cfb.

These are not a rumor and I told this board what I saw at that track meet. Kid is a headcase and a cancer, but go ahead and attack the high school coaches.

Neg me into oblivion all you fucking want, don't care, but you don't want this kid on your team and it is fucking hilarious watching the experts on this board rationalize this decision.

Time to find out if Sark learned from Saban or if he is going to be like Mensa.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, PGFrog said:

These are not a rumor and I told this board what I saw at that track meet. Kid is a headcase and a cancer, but go ahead and attack the high school coaches.

Neg me into oblivion all you fucking want, don't care, but you don't want this kid on your team and it is fucking hilarious watching the experts on this board rationalize this decision.

Link to your previous post?

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

I have no knowledge on the situation but most high school coaches are big idiots that want their egos stroked.  We have no idea if there was a blow up and what it was about.  I take everything high school coaches say with a huge grain of salt.  It could have been something as simple as Blue wanting to sit out practices or games which is a bitch move.  But at the same time, if he has two fucked up knees and wants to heal before arriving at Texas, I’m all for it.  For me, I don’t care what you do at high school or the NFL.  I don’t hear anyone complaining about Romance Taylor’s 1 good year at Texas.  Just show up at Texas and perform, who gives a shit about the rest.  At the same time, the coaching staff 100% should have a RB2 lined up.  

Agreed on basically all points. Mo Clarett and Mike Williams both made “selfish” decisions and quit on their respective teams early, but OSU and USC still got a lot of value out of them before they did. 

It’s hilarious seeing people on here trying to rationalize this behavior as if “opting out” of your senior HS season because you can’t get along with the coaches is a totally normal thing that many successful college players have done before. 

Edited by elguapo

12 minutes ago, PGFrog said:

No you didn't

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, elguapo said:

It’s hilarious seeing people on here trying to rationalize this behavior as if “opting out” of your senior HS season because you can’t get along with the coaches is a totally normal thing that many successful college players have done before. 

It's obviously not normal and fairly unprecedented, but... I don't have enough information to make me angry at the kid.

If he had a blow up with this HS coaches, I'd still need more info because I don't operate under the assumption that HS coaches are universally (1) smart, (2) honest, or (3) operating with the kid's best intentions in mind.

Also, kids grow up.

Also also, social media's prevalence makes this stuff worse. Star players quitting and then things washing over and them coming back is a tale as old as time.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

It's obviously not normal and fairly unprecedented, but... I don't have enough information to make me angry at the kid.

If he had a blow up with this HS coaches, I'd still need more info because I don't operate under the assumption that HS coaches are universally (1) smart, (2) honest, or (3) operating with the kid's best intentions in mind.

Also, kids grow up.

Also also, social media's prevalence makes this stuff worse. Star players quitting and then things washing over and them coming back is a tale as old as time.

It has nothing to do with being "angry at the kid", but I'm not relying on him as the class RB1 if I'm Sark.

25 minutes ago, PGFrog said:

Do you feel the same way about Zach Evans?  Stfu

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, elguapo said:

It has nothing to do with being "angry at the kid", but I'm not relying on him as the class RB1 if I'm Sark.

Pretty sure no one on the board thinks he's reliable as the only rb take this class anymore, but taking the information we have not everyone is ready to pull his offer immediately and write him off as a person and player. 

28 minutes ago, PGFrog said:

Yes, we clearly blew it when we didn't get Zach Evans.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Pretty sure no one on the board thinks he's reliable as the only rb take this class anymore, but taking the information we have not everyone is ready to pull his offer immediately and write him off as a person and player. 

I wouldn't pull his offer, I have a feeling that will work itself out if we land a replacement RB1.

12 minutes ago, elguapo said:

I wouldn't pull his offer, I have a feeling that will work itself out if we land a replacement RB1.

Be specific though, who is the RB1 that we are going to land at this point that is anywhere near as talented as Blue? He's the highest rated commit we currently have. 

I like Miller and he seems to come with less baggage so I'd make that trade but he's been trending away for months to the point where it almost feels like that's a non-starter. Citizen maybe, but he's a step down in talent and a hard pull from LSU. Jones is fine as a RB2 but he's not a big time prospect. This isn't like with Zach Evans where there is Bijan sitting there to prioritize. 

Edited by UncleSonny

5 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Be specific though, who is the RB1 that we are going to land at this point that is anywhere near as talented as Blue? He's the highest rated commit we currently have. 

I like Miller and he seems to come with less baggage so I'd make that trade but he's been trending away for months to the point where is almost feels like that's a non-starter. Citizen maybe, but he's a step down in talent and a hard pull from LSU. Jones is fine as a RB2 but he's not a big time prospect. This isn't like with Zach Evans where there is Bijan sitting there to prioritize. 

We have to do whatever we can to land Miller, maybe if he's the clear RB1 in our class it changes the trend.

Does anyone actually enjoy playing football for its own sake anymore?  Because I thought it was a fucking blast.
Same here, I was upset missing a single game with an injury, no way I even think of sitting out my senior year.

Thats not to say I had a collegiate career waiting for me after HS, but even if I did I can't imagine any scenarios where my friends, family, coaches and more importantly myself would even think to do such a thing. Not bagging on the kid, but hope his team wins state while he's watching from the stands.

20 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

I like Miller and he seems to come with less baggage so I'd make that trade but he's been trending away for months to the point where it almost feels like that's a non-starter. Citizen maybe, but he's a step down in talent and a hard pull from LSU. Jones is fine as a RB2 but he's not a big time prospect. This isn't like with Zach Evans where there is Bijan sitting there to prioritize. 

He’s been trending away because he was being recruited as a RB2. If that changed, it could very well be a different story. Assuming he doesn’t have any qualification issues like his brother or some other red flag, I think the coaching staff should start treating him as RB1 moving forward. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If he puts up good enough tape as a sophomore to secure the NFL equivalent of a UT scholarship then I'm probably very pleased and won't be too mad if he forgoes and extra season or two.
I see what youre saying, but how did D'onta Foreman having a monster year work out for us? If such a year gets us past OU, Big12 CCG and into the playoffs, then yeah I'd be pleased and not too mad at him for declaring after a single season as featured RB.

2 hours ago, runthebone said:

Some of you are fucking idiots.  More and more h.s. seniors will do this.  I don't blame him at all.

And judging by the percentages that actually make a NFL roster, most won’t and will then regret not playing their senior year of high school.

Edited by Hook1997

7 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

He’s been trending away because he was being recruited as a RB2. If that changed, it could very well be a different story. Assuming he doesn’t have any qualification issues like his brother or some other red flag, I think the coaching staff should start treating him as RB1 moving forward. 

Yeah if that is the case, do what you can to get back into his recruitment making him the priority. CTJ posted something about negative recruiting from Alabama and others poisoning the well so I was assuming the issue was more than him not wanting to be a RB2. 

Alabama has a 5 star rb committed already, so Miller would be their RB2 take if that is where he is leaning fwiw. 

12 minutes ago, ousux said:
3 hours ago, bad_teammate said:
If he puts up good enough tape as a sophomore to secure the NFL equivalent of a UT scholarship then I'm probably very pleased and won't be too mad if he forgoes and extra season or two.

I see what youre saying, but how did D'onta Foreman having a monster year work out for us? If such a year gets us past OU, Big12 CCG and into the playoffs, then yeah I'd be pleased and not too mad at him for declaring after a single season as featured RB.

If we go 5-7 and Blue has 2k yards, I don't care what he does because I'll be dead from liver failure.

29 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Yeah if that is the case, do what you can to get back into his recruitment making him the priority. CTJ posted something about negative recruiting from Alabama and others poisoning the well so I was assuming the issue was more than him not wanting to be a RB2. 

Alabama has a 5 star rb committed already, so Miller would be their RB2 take if that is where he is leaning fwiw. 

is Bama's 5 star opting out of his senior year?

3 hours ago, victory88 said:

You guys are wayyyyyy over reacting.  This is where ncaa football is with the opt outs and this is where high school football is going to head to.  The kid is arguably the best RB in the country.  He wants to protect his body for the next level and at some point he will do the same at Texas if he has a shot at the NFL.  Talking about pulling his scholarship is stupid. Our roster isn’t littered with guys like him.  What this staff needs to do is make sure they get another RB1 to compensate the risk of Blue opting out midway through his junior year.  Even if we can get 1 good season from him, you keep him.  He’s making a business decision and he has every right to do so.  The Texas coaches apparently don’t give a shit.  Is it a selfish move to his high school coaches and teammates?  Yes.  Is it a bad decision for him personally?  Probably not considering RBs have such a short life span.  Ask Jordan Whittington and Jonathan Gray how their senior year affected them from an injury standpoint and body stand point.  

That scene in Friday Night Lights with Boobie Miles with his uncle gets me every time. 

as

1 hour ago, PGFrog said:

yea this is the first of many big test right here

it is pretty clear that Texas has either not been in the position or not had the coaches with the will to tell top recruits and players with "potential" that they are taking a seat on the bench for not doing what it takes

Texas does not have the depth to watch players hit the portal when they do not like the results of being told that either

overall I would wish for Texas to simply bring in a different player or at least one with near equal potential even if that means burning a scholarship for a year before someone hits the portal

right now only Alabama, Clemson, LSU, tOSU, and maybe Georgia (they must have the best bag men in the world there) have the ability to tell players "fuck off out of here you see that guy there he is ready to take your job and your lunch money and no one else on this team is going to cry for you"

LSU gets it because they produce so damn much talent and they are the only team in a state that is rabid for LSU football and that will probably never change....tOSU to a degree as well.....Alabama and Clemson are just winning....not sure what UGA is doing 

every other program out there just about has to coddle the shit out of players or watch them walk or just become useless

time to see what path Sark wants to take

• Hook 'Em 2